[Lotc Official] Rp Vs Rpg: Why Your Character Is Not Perfect

Cyndikate

Hope this creates less Hercules Human characters that have some weird grudge against orcs, since a band of orcs killed his/her parents when they were very young.

Aargh... I hate those guys...

so

The point is, Be normal not a badass super hero.

The point a lot of people are getting is "Be a bopping NPC idiot and do nothing fun or adventurous"?

I like, very good

I've had prior characters who fit roles as mediocres... Though with cases of people who rp their characters from childhood and up? I believe that they may be more prone to radical change. Take my current character, Cir'dian. He is crippled in his right leg. He has post traumatic stress disorder which takes the form of occasional aggression or hasty acts, and yet he is also the son of Salamandra. Cir being that man's song led him to the path of magic, it wasn't by my ooc choice, yet by roleplay. The roleplay of this world completely controlled how my character is today. Even people who played as mediocres played a massive role in his developement. It is completely right in saying that everyone has an affect on others. That is how it should be. Events make a character after all. though pertaining to the statement of too many 'Hero' wannabes? Well, that is expected with any roleplay server. Balancing is key with any character however, and I agree with that regard. A warrior is not going to be a great mage, or vice versa. Though while there are a lot of people who want glory rply, there are alot of great passive roleplayers who simply like passive, tailors, general shop owners, scribes. Toveah was a good example of a coward as well. 

Moving onto people who like to get items. Sure I don't agree with it, but that is how bandits come about. Thieves and highway men come from a want for money. Rp incentive is just that. 

I am saying that I agree with this post, roleplay is a balancing act. And a damn hard one to keep balanced. Those players who want to be perfect are new typically, and given the right direction they will fit into a niche. 

This helps A LOT! Thanks!

I'm a relatively new player to the server, and after my first couple days of playing. This guide has indeed helped me quite a bit. And I agree everyone is important. Thank you for sharing!

-Brooke Hudson, A Snelf Fisher Woman

Well since new people seem to be reading this, I am going to plop a couple things down.

First, heros take many forms, they don't have to be some grand hero that everyone in the world knows. A hero is anyone that is admired for their ability and that many people aspire to be like. A hero can be as simple as a father, and as grand as a martyr that gave himself up to save others. Heros aren't born, they are made.

Second, it is pretty entertaining when a power gamer actually meets an actual powerful character, heh.