[Event Creature] Those That Feed In Red. Imp Parasite.

V0idsoldier

the_man_with_no_eyelashes_by_wildzyria-d

1_zpsdf3c8d29.png

"He was a Jack-in-the-box. Sunset up, sunrise down. And repeat, forever and forever. He was a thing in a box in a cold deep cellar. He was a container for red wines. There was no label on him, but there were little drops of red liquor upon his sleeping lips. He was the contents of a mahogany box, in a cellar of webs and upside-down things hooked to the ceilings. He lived in a land of dripping midnight waters and soft grey web. He was a white hand, a rouged mouth, a glass eye, a set of white teeth and a cold heart. He was a pedestrian who walked the nights. He was a sleeper with original ideas as to hours. He was a leaf, a pelt, a flame, a wing."

-D Everett Evans 

par·a·site  

/ˈparəˌsīt/

Noun
  1. An organism that lives in or on another organism (its host) and benefits by deriving nutrients at the host's expense.

2_zps5aee984e.png

Those that dine in red. Leeches. Parasites. Those are only but some of the names these ancient creatures have gone by. Legends, myths, and stories past down from generations have told the tale of these beings, exaggerating them to lengths only man could do.

"Officially" regarded as "The Imp Parasite", it is a creature as old as the land itself. Known by this name to to it's parasitical qualities and relative small size. The Imp Parasite acts much like any other parasite, or even leech, seeking out a host at creation. Once found, it will attach itself to this host and feed in intervals between three days to two weeks, depending on the amount fed. Usually it will seek out a spot close to a major artery or vein and send probes directly into the bloodstream, along with several other "roots" into much more sensitive areas. When fully attached it will resemble a tattoo upon your body, having probes in the blood stream, and in several areas of the brain, including the Thalamus Gland. 

3_zpsf33da210.png

Burrowing into the skin, the resemble markings upon the body. Depending on the parasite itself, it will appear differently. Often times wrapping around the body part of the host, some people have noted that they resemble Dragons on the skin, which lead to the term "Skin Dragon". When fully fed, it will have a reddish hue, though are naturally black in color.

To the average eye they would resemble nothing more than black ink upon the skin, though with a closer inspection and a trained eye, it is evident that it is a entity on its own. Slightly bulging from the skin. Because of this fact, the more shy hosts of this parasite often wear long sleeve shirts, or a brace to cover the leach.

4_zpsc8dc1709.png

The Imp Parasite is unique in regards to all parasites in several areas. One major difference between it and many other parasites is that it fully attaches itself to all parts of it's host. Burrowing into the skin makes it nigh impossible to remove in it of itself, though after it has rooted into the bloodstream you cannot forcefully remove it without killing the host. Sending other probes out, it attaches itself to every part of the body, from brain to many organs. 

Sending specific probes to the parts of the brain that cause emotion, thought, and the five senses, it connects to the host. What the host sees, it sees. What the host feels, it feels. Thus because of this, if the host dies the parasite will likely die as well. The bloodstream roots are hollow. These are used to feed off of the hosts blood should it not receive enough blood from the host feeding it. Other roots attach through pores in the skin which become reactive to blood.

Due to the above, the parasite acts much like a magnet when the skin comes in contact with blood. It will move underneath the skin and absorb the blood through pores in the skin.

Attaching to the Thalamus Gland among other glands provides it a interesting capability. Able to draw hormones and bodily growth to a near halt it can extend the life span of the host by absurd amounts. Reactivating dormant glands it can also provide near immunity to most common illnesses, kicking the immune system into overdrive. 

As stated earlier, the parasite will send specific roots to the brain. This is to allow the parasite to mimic the feelings of the host. While on it's own, the parasite is about as intelligent as a rock. Able only to feed and crawl. Once attached to the host it becomes much more sentient, able to mimic the hosts intelligence. A unique, almost magical, feature about the Imp Parasite is it's ability to bond with the host.

5_zps0deadba7.png

A process unique solely to the Imp Parasite.

After the Parasite is fully attached and rooted to the host, it will shuffle through many things within the hosts mind. From emotions, to thoughts, to memories and more, the Parasite will take in all the knowledge. After a few weeks of bonding, it will know and feel everything the host knows and feels. 

One of the most acclaimed and interesting things about the parasite is its ability to adapt. After bonding is complete, it will have learned the languages of the host. Using this, it can submit its own will into the hosts mind in a form of mental communication through the parasites roots. Alone, the parasite has no intelligence, though once fully bonded it becomes one with the host, yet retaining its own will.

It will often implant ideas in the hosts mind, carrying out entire conversations with the host. Some hosts in the past have found this to be maddening, yet others see it as a advantage. A truly separate entity helping guide them. Some crumple and fall, some rise and fly. Regardless, there will always be its voice at the back of your mind whispering "feed".

6_zpsfe0fec37.png

The history of the Imp Parasite varies from culture to culture. No hard facts have been recorded on these creatures, though have maintained a spotlight in the world of legends and myths for eons.

The Humans regard the hosts of the creatures as monstrosities. Barbaric, unable to think or act like a normal man, cruel and entirely evil. They believe them to be direct spawn of Iblees himself, sent to the world to enact disgusting punishment. They are depicted at times as winged beasts whom eat the flesh of men and swallow blood. They are thought to enjoy killing and fighting, living off the pain of the world. 

They are thought to contain massive strength relateable only to the gods themselves. Impossible dexterity with the ability to dodge any blow thrown at it. It is easy to see why the Human folk are most terrified of these potential creatures. Though this is not always the case...

History has shown that at times, Humans have actively sought out the affliction of these creatures. Noble men, warriors, knights dedicated entirely to their nation have sought the affliction of the Imp Parasite. Some ponder why, but to them it is simple. The benefits outweigh the negatives. To them the idea of an infinite lifespan is worth giving up their Humanity. To feed the parasite on the field of battle and achieve a longer life span.

A crude depiction of the way the hosts are rumored to be in regards to Human culture.

vamp_zps31bdf54f.jpg

In retrospect, the Dwarves and Orcs of the world have seemed to lost interest in the countless rumors and legends. They hold no depictions or beliefs on the creatures, believing them to be mostly made up. This is thought to be caused by the lack of activity in those areas. The hosts of Imp Parasites are most commonly Humans, though it is not uncommon for another race to become victim.

The Elven viewpoint is the closest, though not entirely accurate either. The Elves have long regarded the hosts of the creatures as ordinary citizens masking a terrible secret. They do not see them as demons or even as spawn of Iblees, for they have taken a step back in order to observe them in a different light. They see the affliction as a logical disease, though just as the others they have no idea that it is in fact a organism in it of itself causing the affliction.

The past has shown that even to this day, these creatures have gone without hard observation. The few that are afflicted with the creature are often killed off before they can even report the creature. Many men end their life after being afflicted with the parasite, while others are actively hunted down as unholy spawn and slaughtered. It is this slaughtering that led to the near extinction of the species. They only lived due to their unique structure.

After fully bonding with its host and after a undetermined time, the Parasite has the potential to breed with itself, asexual reproduction. 

Originally native to Aegis, they had made a crossing through the ships to the new lands, each and every time. Every few years a crusade is sent out against the creatures and the hosts, though there was always a few hosts whom slipped through the cracks. Only one host made it from Aegis to Asulon, though this host had adopted a insane mindset. She saw herself as a mother to the creatures, allowing them to breed on her at a wild amount. Once at Asulon she had many of the parasites on her, needing to feed every day. 

That was to be her end alas, she was unable to feed them all and they soon betrayed her love, sucking her dry. From there, many other hosts were taken. After another purge of the creatures, there was only as many as five of them whom made there way from Asulon to Anthos.

8_zps7521574f.png

Some may ponder what could possibly be a benefit of having this creature choose you as its host. Some disagree that the benefits are even worth the drawbacks. I digress;

The Imp Parasite is unique in it's want and need to keep its host alive as long as possible. Through a series of unique functions it reactivates previously dormant glands, including the Thalamus Gland in the brain. Doing this process is very tricky, though once complete will draw the hosts aging to a near standstill. This is done by decreasing hormone flow and rate of growth by bodily functions, though even then it cannot be fully explained in science. Tis a double edged sword though, for it can strike as a negative as well.

Another unique function of the Imp Parasite is its ability to neutralize and destroy most illnesses and harmful substances from the body. By kicking the immune system into over drive, it is unlikely for the host to succumb to any illnesses a normal man might. This is often sought out by those with a incurable illness, hoping one day to be free of it.

9_zps99349ba0.png

There are many a drawback that plague this unique parasite.

Due to its unique process of "bonding", the Imp Parasite is impossible to remove by force. Sending roots deep into vital organs, arteries, and veins, as well as by burrowing into the skin, the only option to remove the parasite is if it wishes for removal itself. There have been cases where one man passes it on to another, hoping to free himself of the curse.

Potential of death. This is likely the biggest drawback to this parasite. Should the host refuse to cooperate with the needs of the parasite, he will be drained to death. While the parasite seeks to keep the host alive as long as possible, it needs to feed at least every two weeks. Should this not happen it will go to the Host and begin sucking him dry of blood. It is a slow, painful, excruciating process as the parasite tries to keep the host alive as long as it can. Increasing the hosts heart-rate allows for faster pumping of blood, which the parasite greedily takes.

Potential for insanityImagine a having your normal life stripped away from you and being placed under constant need to slaughter a man in order to keep yourself alive. Imagine a voice in the back of your head constantly pressing you, pushing you, seducing you to the hunt. Feed... Feed... It is not hard to understand why people whom have succumbed to the parasite have been driven to madness.

Possible public annexation. Should anyone find out about the parasite attached to you, it is not unlikely that you will be shunned and exiled from society. Hosts in the past have gone to great measures to hide the nature of the beast attached to them. To some, losing social standing is the worst of all things in life. Those who seek the beast for immortality or oft dissuaded by this ever looming drawback.

Constant and endless need to feed. As long as the beast remains upon your flesh, rooted to your body and mind, entranced into your soul, you must fulfill its will. It does not due this through manipulation, though it does it by force. Should you shun the needs of the beast, it would kill you. Drain every ounce of your blood in a slow painful death, lasting up to three days. The need to feed can be between three days and two weeks, depending on how much the parasite is fed at the time.

11_zps1f6cf4a2.png

This is a difficult process OOCly. In order to root out any bad flavors there would need to be a screening process like the ice witches. The problem with a process like this is that it adds a application to the process, which does not entirely appeal to me. As creator of the lore I will of course be role playing as the current host, but I do not want to make this a power trip. I want to do this in a mature way that screens out any bad seeds while maintains a "normality" of sorts.

The process, if the lore is accepted, will be run through me and any others I can come to trust. Again I do not want this to turn into a power trip on my part so I will relinquish power to a higher person should things go awry. I will likely make a small application in order to prove knowledge on the subject followed by intense IC and OOC screening of the applicant.

A villain app would of course be needed to role play this.

7_zps30751d52.png

This is going to be by far the most difficult section of the lore post, and the reasons why are entirely evident. The majority of the perceived population of LoTC scorns vampirism in any state, even this state which is vastly different than the normal. Some people will always dislike a idea simply because of where it stems from, but here I will try to reach out to those people and explain the infallible differences between this, and normal vampirism.

Vampire mythos, legends and lore has been with us for hundreds of years. The idea of something in the night that wishes to feast upon Humans, something above the Humans in the food-chain  appeals to some people. The term "Vampire" was not even used frequently until the 18th century, and was not any where near as popular compared to now. The most revolutionary turn of "Vampires" came about when Dracula was released. Dracula Humanized vampires, yet still let them inspire fear in the readers, and later audience. That's a brief look at the past of Vampire myths in real life.

Comparing the lore I have created now to normal vampirism is relatively easy really. They both need blood (each with different reasons) . They both become un-aging. They are both Humanized greatly. Though the line stops there. Similarities come to a close.

My attempt at bringing this lore onto the server is not to create a invulnerable enemy, a man who cannot die. The reason is so much different. I am fascinated by early literature works on Vampirism and always have been. The most romantic of the "Creatures of the night" Vampires inspire creativity in villainy in a way that just isn't matched by anything I have seen. The seductive need of blood, the tragic story of a disease, the conflicting morals. These all tie perfectly into what I see as a great role playing experience.

This is not a Twilight homage. This is not a Dracula knock off. This is not a fan boy post the hopes to become a "Vampire" in order to kill everyone and suck blood. This is my attempt at officially bringing in a new diversity. Diversifying the current villainy. Giving a new definition to the cannibalism villainy. And to create shocking role play stories that are unmatched by anything else.

It is evident that there will always be those who scorn an idea because of where its roots lie. My lore's roots lie in Vampirism, and with that will come hate. What I hope is that people will take a step back, read the lore not as a protester of vampirism, but as a player of LoTC. If you truly believe this would do more harm than good, then I would love to hear why. Only constructive criticism can make an idea better.

In closing, I know that this may not be well received. I know that this could upset some people. I do not create this as a way to anger people, I create this in order to establish better role play. Part of this is entirely selfish. I have not had a true purpose on the server in some time, and aim to have this accepted to give me a chance at role playing, but that is not all it is. Anyone who has been amazed by the possibility and diversity of this type of role play will feel where I come from. Sometimes the best of ideas do not succeed at first, but I am willing to work with any and all advice given to insure that this is given a chance.

10_zps25c28726.png

This side note is directed at any of the staff or lore masters whom peruse this lore. 

I have been on this server for some time and have seen countless time lore for generic vampirism shut down. The prospect of becoming a invulnerable hunter of the night amuses many people and so I can see why those are denied. I aim to break the sterotype and create a brand of more realistic, more interesting and neutral role play. This is not an attempt at powergaming in anyway. 

Try not to read this as a attempt to replicate vampirism into LoTC, for it is so much more than that.

Questions asked and answered~

. In this case, though, does it retain whatever intelligence and maturity it gained from its previous host?

There is no simple answer to your question. That is clear. It is both a yes, and a no. The Imp Parasite is entirely unique in it's ability to bond with a host, through this bonding the parasite acquires intelligence by reaching through the hosts memories and thoughts. After the bonding process is completed the parasite will be fully sentient and have a unique identity as you said. The confusing part is what comes after. Should a parasite detach itself from a host, it will temporarily lapse in most sentience. It will be able to do simple actions, crawl and attach itself to a new host, but not much more. In this state it is not really intelligent, it goes back to a near lack of sentience.

But, once it finds a new host and attaches to him, it will redo the bonding process. After this bonding process is set up and it regains sentience and intelligence, it could recall events, memories, and feelings it and it's former host had. Usually they forgo this process as it is quite pointless to them, though it is there. They retain memory just as most creatures, if not better, but ONLY whilst bonded to a host. When not bonded they lack intelligence.

On 21/04/2013 at 11:42 PM, Aureas said:

Because the hosts do not age, would they then have an increased healing ability or recovery rate?

A grand question though I would have to say that they do not have a advanced recovery rate, at least not directly. As stated in the lore they are granted a incredibly advanced immune system so they are impervious to most diseases. The parasite also awakens shut down glands to slow hormonal growth. I cant really see any advanced healing in these strengths, though anything that revolves around disease or poison would be highly ineffective. 

On 26/04/2013 at 5:24 AM, Supremacy (Kalenz Uradir) said:

This lore is certainly interesting and as others have noted it walks a fine line between vampirism and something original. That being said I see a few problems:

• All the negatives are 'optional', I'd prefer the negative aspects to be somewhat required. Otherwise it is free eternal life and an excuse to eat people in RP.
  • Why would a parasite ever kill someone? If you kill your host you die too.

I love the questions you are asking. Finally allows me to stretch my fingers and provide some in depth responses on the problems you see. I will try my hardest to answer them!

Starting with your first concern. Your belief is that all the negatives are optional and that this is a free excuse at eternal life. From the beginning I want to state that that is not the intention nor what I was going for. Breaking it down should help sort this confusion. From the beginning the parasite begins bonding with a host. This in it of itself is a huge setback because due to this it is a permanent curse for the host to have. You cannot rid yourself of the beast physically or by force without killing yourself in the process. There is a work around, though even then it is no simple task to get the beast off of yourself. Not only would you have to beg for the beast to comply with your mindset and even think about getting another host, you would also have to find a willing sacrifice to take the curse. This is a long process mind you, it is not a simply work around.

Following up there is of course the major negative. You will HAVE to feed at least every 2-3 days. This is not optional, this is a must. There is no questions to it. If you do not feed, the parasite will bleed you dry. That in every way is a negative. You cant really imply that having to kill every 2-3 days isn't a negative. I get this feeling that the mindset you carry on the lore will make it seem what it isn't. While you see "Excuses" I strive to make them sound reasons. This isn't about an excuse to be able to murder people or a free  get out of death card. There isn't much I can say in regards to that mindset really. This is of course a way for me to be able to role play a unique character and bring about a different style of role playing while allowing others who care for this kind of role play to follow. Should you see that as an "Excuse" there isn't much for me to debate about. All lore is just a excuse to do the incredible with that mindset. Evocation lore an excuse to use magic, Necromancy an excuse to work with dark arts and so on.

The other negatives are what you could say "Optional". They are a way to further create a unique character. I will not force someone who is role playing this into insanity for some peoples wills are hard to break, but there will always be the looming voice of the parasite in your head. I will not force people to, at the start of getting the parasite, annex their characters publicly. This is something that can and likely will happen in role play. I leave these optional to allow players who wish to rp this more freedom. Even so, the other 3 negatives are firm and not optional.

Moving on to the next concern.

Why would the parasite ever kill someone? Well as you know parasites are creatures that will often suck the host dry and then move on. That is the nature of a parasite. This parasite is unique in it's ability to gain conscious intelligence once bonded with the host, but even then it still has primordial thoughts of survival in its mind. If it is not fed it is not a matter of hate or anger that it will begin sucking the host dry, it is simply in their nature. They require blood to live, that is why they even bother attaching to hosts. Sure they could enter a coma and live in a damp dark cave for a hundred years, but that is not what their instincts wish. 

To repeat, they gain intelligence when bonded with a host, but not so much to know the full consequences of killing their host. Keep in mind that these are not passionate creatures. They will bond with you, but not like your dog. They will use you until you cant be used, drain you of whatever is useful, and move on. 

It would be useful to keep in mind that once the Imp parasite drains it's host dry it does not, /not/, die. By draining the host they themselves are not affected as they will slowly pull their roots from the hosts body and detach. They will have 3 days to search for another host before needing to shut their bodies down. The difference between the parasite killing the host and someone else killing him is obvious. Say the host takes an arrow to the head dying instantly, this will sever the bonding process too abruptly in turn killing the parasite. On the flip side when the parasite drains the host it goes at its own pace and has time to pull the roots out. 

I hope this helped! If there are any more concerns I would love to hear them, and thank you for breaking apart some of the lore so I could further explain my intentions.

On 19/04/2013 at 6:39 PM, GurenRycerz said:

Hope the lore’s coming along nicely, glad to see you’re eager to answer questions~

Anyways, I was wondering how much blood Mr. Parasite would need to consume weekly (in approximated liters) – Specifically, is it so much that it’d probably force the host to steal large quantities of blood from others, committing murderous acts and such? Or could a determined individual resist harming others by devising alternative, more humane, sources of blood, given that they’re ample enough?

Also, about how fast can the Parasite “drink?” Through the host’s skin that is.

Thanks in advance!

Hehe, yea you could say I am excited. I am in love with this idea and really have a passion for it. Until it is reviewed I cant really bring myself to any other rp so for now I am just biding time.Here goes answering the questions!

The human body holds an estimated 4.7-5 liters of blood on average. The minimum you would need to feed the parasite would be about 5 liters of blood every 2-3 days. Keep in mind this is the minimum. Theoretically I could see a doctor trying to treat this by taking blood donations or something of that sort. It would not be impossible to quench the beasts hunger non violently, though the easiest solution is the taking of a human life every 2-3 days. Depending on how much blood you feed it, it can last up to 2 weeks without having to feed again. 

It would be a very quick process as the parasite consumes the blood in large quantities at a time. It has adapted itself in order to drain the prey as quickly as possible. I would say it would take 5 minutes maximum to fully drain the blood of a fully grown human male. This is of course with direct contact with the blood. It would likely be done via slitting the throat or another major artery area.

On 20/04/2013 at 8:01 PM, Song Druid Arik said:

A genuinely interesting read.  This seems wholly original (at the very least I haven't seen it before) and I like that.  Not another cliched idea coming forward.  I think my only issue is the process in which one becomes afflicted.  An affliction such as this would be unwilling, and, most likely, the person doesn't realize until it is too late.  What will happen if a bunch of people want this new thing and apply for it?  We suddenly see an IC epidemic of murderous bloodthirsty men.

I am unsure of how this would be handled.

I like its nature.  An unwilling villain.  A nice change.  This certainly has my support-probably not as thought out and expansive as you'd have liked but you have my blessing nonetheless.

Your worries are entirely understood and actually a great point. I will try to address this problem in depth as it could be a possible downfall of this lore.

You are right. Many people could become as passionate as myself about this lore and flock to it in a attempt at being afflicted. This would be a major problem, though I hope to weed through many of the people through a in depth screening process both ooc and IC. As I stated I do not want to turn into a tyrannical leader with a power trip (in OOC), so I will be both strict but fair. Those that do make it through the process will be those who have a true passion oocly for this idea. 

Should you wish to be accepted I will likely wish for it to be your main character. I want this to become a predominant force in the world of Anthos while not growing too outrageous with numbers. A small tight knit group of people who will try their hardest to provide intense, passionate and acceptable role play. This alone should weed out many of the people oocly seeking a simple thrill.

I will not be a hard cap on the number of afflicted at a time until I get an evaluation of how many people actually want to role play this. Many people find it interesting, but not everyone will want to make it their main role play. Should worse come to worse I will likely make a cap of passionate roleplayers numbering under 10. Though again keep in mind that not everyone will fear this affliction. While the majority will be unwilling victims turned villains of sorts, some people (like my character) will have actively searched for it for years.

I can see this as a potentially serious problem so if it is accepted I will be sure to monitor it tightly.

Here goes answering you're burning questions! Let's start with Benboboy and go from there!

How does the parasite survive outside the body before it has taken a host?

Alright so. A Imp Parasite will never be "born" outside of a host. As I touched up on lightly in the lore, the only way for a Imp Parasite to reproduce is by asexually reproducing on a host after going through the bonding process. If enough blood is fed to the parasite and it deems safe to breed, it will reproduce upon the host. 

One it reproduces, the host will then have to feed and bond with the new parasite as well. 

How does it breed?

Answered above ^^

Would it be possible for it to survive without a host if it were given blood to feed on?

Yes! Entirely. Something I did not touch up on about the parasite is it's unique ability to press itself into a coma like state. What this does is conserve every ounce of blood from its previous encounter. By shutting itself down effectively, it can live on it's own for years without dying, though in turn it loses most of it's bodily functions. It would only awaken upon the scent of blood from the descendant races.

Once upon these nasty creatures feasted upon the blood of animals, though they adapted and evolved. Their bodies reject the blood of animals, only feeding upon blood from the descendant races. Should you give it blood every so often it could easily live without a host, though it would remain almost with no intellect at all.

Next! 

People might be motivated to get the parasite for unlimited life rather than to create good RP. Maybe change it to 'adds 50 years at most' or something, rather than limitless life. Other than that, I like the idea.

Alright, so. You have the opinion that adding much age to the hosts lifespan could be considered "Over powered" though I have an entirely logical rebuttal! 

The Imp Parasite is unique with its want and need to keep the host alive as long as possible. As I explained earlier, it awakens inactive glands in order to slow aging process to a minimum. 

You think it a bad thing that people might seek out this unique role play experience simply for unlimited life, but I do not see it like that. That is the only benefit it truly has (other than improved immune system). By creating a screening process I can easily remove any one who wants to oocly abuse the system, while retaining the same appeal passed down through the history of the parasite. As I stated in the lore, many a man has sought out the embrace of this creature simply to add lifespan to their dying years! It is a crucial part of the role play.

So, nothing except the dragon tattoo would be different about the host?

Great question! While I did not yet fully touch up on this, let me explain here. The mark the parasite leaves upon the body is surely a different look, though of course there are other things. Should you not feed for some time, the beast will begin to take from you. This will cause paling of the skin and can lead to death. Another change is the fact that your personality, acts, and more would be much different. The slowing of hormones and general aging combined with the constant nagging of the beast, the need to kill fellow humans and more would lead to a drastically different man!

If you get one Imp Para., would it have its children/child on you? And if so, would you earn another dragon tattoos/tattoo that grows as the children/child grows? Or would they go look for another host?

Alright, so. As stated in the lore, the Parasite does indeed breed on you! After breeding it will find out a sufficient spot on the body to latch onto. This would add another "tattoo" looking mark on your body, yes. The only way a parasite would breed is if it deems you a good host. They hold no feelings for their young. 

A quite major factor I did not touch up on was the ability to cooperate with the parasite, in order to remove it. Should you have the parasite breed on you, you could try to reason with it after the bonding process, offering up another host. Should it deem you to be truthful, it will unroot and attach to the new host.

Hope this helped!

For those who would persist after the author's comments in saying any form of vampirism will never be accepted, this will go through the lore reviewal process the same as any other lore proposal would. It will not be automatically denied.

+1

I read it, to me it sounds like it would bring some great RP. 

For those who would persist after the author's comments in saying any form of vampirism will never be accepted, this will go through the lore reviewal process the same as any other lore proposal would. It will not be automatically denied.

All worries abolished with this post. Thank you for clarifying as that was a major factor in my distress in posting. Thank you.

I for one think its great. In the best case it could even bring some fear at night because of other players.

I didn't even think 'vampirism' until you said it...

It's clear you've put a lot of thought into this lore, it really shows. I've never understood this hatred to vampires in the first place anyway... But that's an entirely different jar of jam. This lore, is fantastic. It's entirely unique and I can really see it fitting in on LoTC. However, I do have a few questions on the lore: How does the parasite survive outside the body before it has taken a host? How does it breed? Would it be possible for it to survive without a host if it were given blood to feed on?

You succeed. You broke the stereotype, and created an interesting creature which just happens to please the twihar- *coughs* I mean, vampire lovers. +1

Hrm... I like this idea, I just skimmed over most of it. Though, I would like to see the process on becoming afflicted. For now, I stand with a strong, positive opinion on this LORE. I would also love to see this in LoTC, you took the current Vampire LORE (Twilight), then tore it up and made it LoTC's vampires.

+1

I enjoy this idea, but the only thing that urks me, the only thing, is the unlimited lifespan. People might be motivated to get the parasite for unlimited life rather than to create good RP. Maybe change it to 'adds 50 years at most' or something, rather than limitless life. Other than that, I like the idea.

Do they stay with their mom until they can fend for themselves?
If you get one Imp Para., would it have its children/child on you? And if so, would you earn another dragon tattoos/tattoo that grows as the children/child grows? Or would they go look for another host?

Thank you for offering the server a well drawn out lore! I really appreciate your concept behind this and the fact that it is a strong substitute for the generic vampire. I wouldn't mind at all seeing this in the lore.

Here goes answering you're burning questions! Let's start with Benboboy and go from there!

How does the parasite survive outside the body before it has taken a host?

Alright so. A Imp Parasite will never be "born" outside of a host. As I touched up on lightly in the lore, the only way for a Imp Parasite to reproduce is by asexually reproducing on a host after going through the bonding process. If enough blood is fed to the parasite and it deems safe to breed, it will reproduce upon the host. 

One it reproduces, the host will then have to feed and bond with the new parasite as well. 

How does it breed?

Answered above ^^

Would it be possible for it to survive without a host if it were given blood to feed on?

Yes! Entirely. Something I did not touch up on about the parasite is it's unique ability to press itself into a coma like state. What this does is conserve every ounce of blood from its previous encounter. By shutting itself down effectively, it can live on it's own for years without dying, though in turn it loses most of it's bodily functions. It would only awaken upon the scent of blood from the descendant races.

Once upon these nasty creatures feasted upon the blood of animals, though they adapted and evolved. Their bodies reject the blood of animals, only feeding upon blood from the descendant races. Should you give it blood every so often it could easily live without a host, though it would remain almost with no intellect at all.

Next! 

People might be motivated to get the parasite for unlimited life rather than to create good RP. Maybe change it to 'adds 50 years at most' or something, rather than limitless life. Other than that, I like the idea.

Alright, so. You have the opinion that adding much age to the hosts lifespan could be considered "Over powered" though I have an entirely logical rebuttal! 

The Imp Parasite is unique with its want and need to keep the host alive as long as possible. As I explained earlier, it awakens inactive glands in order to slow aging process to a minimum. 

You think it a bad thing that people might seek out this unique role play experience simply for unlimited life, but I do not see it like that. That is the only benefit it truly has (other than improved immune system). By creating a screening process I can easily remove any one who wants to oocly abuse the system, while retaining the same appeal passed down through the history of the parasite. As I stated in the lore, many a man has sought out the embrace of this creature simply to add lifespan to their dying years! It is a crucial part of the role play.

Great question! While I did not yet fully touch up on this, let me explain here. The mark the parasite leaves upon the body is surely a different look, though of course there are other things. Should you not feed for some time, the beast will begin to take from you. This will cause paling of the skin and can lead to death. Another change is the fact that your personality, acts, and more would be much different. The slowing of hormones and general aging combined with the constant nagging of the beast, the need to kill fellow humans and more would lead to a drastically different man!

Alright, so. As stated in the lore, the Parasite does indeed breed on you! After breeding it will find out a sufficient spot on the body to latch onto. This would add another "tattoo" looking mark on your body, yes. The only way a parasite would breed is if it deems you a good host. They hold no feelings for their young. 

A quite major factor I did not touch up on was the ability to cooperate with the parasite, in order to remove it. Should you have the parasite breed on you, you could try to reason with it after the bonding process, offering up another host. Should it deem you to be truthful, it will unroot and attach to the new host.

Hope this helped!

I like it, you put thought into it, and obviously a lot of work. I'd like to see this implemented.

Big plus one! +1

I love everything about this! I'm excited to see it go far! :D

Voidsoldier is a more than capable role-player; he's absolutely fantastic! He of all people will be able to make this idea survive and thrive in LoTC. I've been roleplaying with him since the beginning of Asulon, and I can't help but emphasize how much I'd like to see this implemented. God knows we need some new, interesting stuff!