[Academic] The Ministry Of Contemplation

PtahWithin

FPXVyMB.png

To all members of the Ministry of Contemplation:

In order for activities to not wait upon the completion of Hedion University, a small construction, Kadvis Hall, has been made for the purpose of being our temporary base of operations, storage area and lab. The Preeminent Savant calls upon all members of the Ministry of Contemplation to assemble within Kadvis Hall for a Contemplative Conference in one elven day. The exact matter and business to be discussed shall be revealed only then.

Contemplate all,

-Preeminent Savant Ptah Remneal

((This will take the form of a forum RP session, taking place on this topic. Until it begins, simply make an IC post showing your character has heard news of this.))

Salazar grins as he can finally begin some experiments on cows as he has been planning to do now. He begins to gather his things to get ready.

Napier sighs in relief, as he now has a place to put all the exhibits!

Percival smiles, genuinely excited for the first time in a very long time. Gasping, he reaches for his sketch book and begins flipping through the pages. He lets out a small laugh as he is unable to choose which idea he wants to bring to life first. Within moments, he is deep in thought, trying to work out what supplies he would need for the inventions he has in mind. 

Nicodemus smiles, stroking his chin as he thinks about what he wants to talk about at the meeting. He kills a mug of ale and begins to go through his books.

The day begins slowly, and Ptah moves within the newly constructed Kadvis Hall, pacing, deep in awaiting thought. As the sun rolls across the sky, slowly people begin to arrive, knocking on the doors of the Hall, facilitating a welcoming smile and greeting fromt he Preeminent Savant as they are let in. Ptah leaves the arrivals to discuss amongst themselves for some time, and as people gather the conversation evolves into discussion of all manner of subjects. Scrolls unfurling, books opening, minds reaching.

jezus_als_kind.jpg

When he believes that all expected to arrive are gathered, Ptah calls for a silence. All present take their seats on the long meeting table, with Ptah at the head. He speaks:

"So! We begin, this day, the first of many Contemplative Conferences. The first order of business is a command I give: all non-pupil members of the Ministry are expected to present to me a contemplative proposal, relevant to their department. If I accept your proposal, you shall work in earnest upon that project and present to the Ministry your findings, whereupon it shall be published to the people of Anthos at large.

You may have some time now to think on a proposal, but are there any at this moment who have an idea?"

Nicodemus, leans forward, raising his hand. He smells slightly of ale and cake, but his words are cogent. "As a project for the Department of Erudition, I would like to propose a thoughtful questioning and an attempted construction of a functional philosophy of rights. The central questions being whether they exist, what they are, their origins, and what that means for an individual's or group's relationship with the world." He then leans back in his chair, smiling and eyeing everyone.

Salazar glances up and looks around and slowly rises, sighing as he realizes he is the best smelling, best looking, and in general one of the few elves here, let alone, one of the few high elves. "I propose we look into duplicating this odd energy signature some friends of mine have been detecting. It seems to go by the name of Ever and it seems very powerful, providing a powerful burst of skill or knowledge to a person when one is in the presence of..it." Some members look at Salazar with a look of puzzlement on their faces, others nod contemplating such a task, and Ptah just shakes his head and facepalms. Salazar frowns at the response and opens his mouth again, "Or if that is a bit to advanced for some of you, we can contemplate and study the politics of the land. Try and sift our way through the sandstorm that is modern politics." Salazar sits down and huffs, wanting to do the first idea greatly.

((Also because we need more Ministry of Contemplation memes))

2127951.jpg

Nicodemus chuckles. looking over at Salazar. He tips his chair back, crossing his left leg over the other. "That would be quite the task. I could arrange interviews for you with what friends I have in Orenian nobility that still have a pulse to help with that. Seeing as understanding the current political situation requires an understanding of history, it may be difficult to decide when to begin lest it be arbitrary."

Nicodemus, leans forward, raising his hand. He smells slightly of ale and cake, but his words are cogent. "As a project for the Department of Erudition, I would like to propose a thoughtful questioning and an attempted construction of a functional philosophy of rights. The central questions being whether they exist, what they are, their origins, and what that means for an individual's or group's relationship with the world." He then leans back in his chair, smiling and eyeing everyone.

Ptah kneads his black beard lined with emerging grey hairs, and gestures in resolution. "Make it so. An interesting proposition... I look forward to your writings Mr. Rosano."

Salazar glances up and looks around and slowly rises, sighing as he realizes he is the best smelling, best looking, and in general one of the few elves here, let alone, one of the few high elves. "I propose we look into duplicating this odd energy signature some friends of mine have been detecting. It seems to go by the name of Ever and it seems very powerful, providing a powerful burst of skill or knowledge to a person when one is in the presence of..it." Some members look at Salazar with a look of puzzlement on their faces, others nod contemplating such a task, and Ptah just shakes his head and facepalms. Salazar frowns at the response and opens his mouth again, "Or if that is a bit to advanced for some of you, we can contemplate and study the politics of the land. Try and sift our way through the sandstorm that is modern politics." Salazar sits down and huffs, wanting to do the first idea greatly.

((Also because we need more Ministry of Contemplation memes))

2127951.jpg

Ptah takes his hand off his own face at Salazar's last words. "Perhaps, perhaps... but I think such a thing would be of more use to the Ministry personally than informing all the people of Anthos, as they likely are aware of the political situation of Anthos. But indeed - it could prove useful to have a reference through which the Ministry may navigate this 'sandstorm' as you call it. Make it so."

The Preeminent Savant pauses, speaking heavily. "On the matter of politics now - the rest of you may present your proposals later in the discussion - this is of interesting note:"

Ptah holds up a flyer, emblazoned at the top of a curious symbol.

A6Qwaa9.png

"The Arcane Delvers have made themselves into a sovereign power, this 'Magestate'. For us this may have several consequences. I and Mr. Rosano recently met with Delver Regents about jointly researching the various artifacts under Delver possession. They agreed, but through the conversation it became apparent to us that the Delvers... do not have a love of truth and knowledge as we do. At one point they openly admitted to being hoarders of the strange and arcane.

I have my own thoughts on how to proceed with dealing with them, but I would hear the counsel of my faculty as well. How should we approach this?"

Charles raises his eyebrows at the news of this, he murmurs about the folly of a new state..

"This is intresting. It is not my feild, but It could not escape my view, this...'Magestate', is indipendant, yes?" He nods. "The most recent state to declare independance was Gallmore, and they have had three claims of war in the short time they have existed. I would hope the Delvers may escape this, but at the same time, if a greater power does make a claim, they will have complete and utter access to everything the Delvers hold.."

Ptah Remneal nods, then raises three fingers "Though the Gallmore situation differs in the Magestate in three ways: Gallmore is a newly formed power while the Arcane Delvers have been established for many years; Gallmore possesses next to no military strength while the Delvers have gathered amongst them numerous warriors, treasure-seekers and mages; Gallmore was not a participant in Thorin's Peace and so could be attacked without ill effect to global peace, while the Delvers were part of Thorin's alliance against the Holy Oren Empire and so are given a degree of political protection."

"However - you raise a point. The Delvers attempted to convince us to give them our own artifacts we find, for they claim they have the manpower to protect their vault - but if they should fail? They mentioned that there were some items in their vault which were not there for safekeeping... but containment."

"More, my question was about how we should deal with the Delvers at the moment. What are your thoughts, faculty?"

Edgar taps his way into the hall, the Maven badge in his robe pressed against his chest. His staff sways with his movement as he comes to the meeting at hand and pulls out a seat. He lowers himself into it,

"It appears I had received my notice late- I'll catch myself up."

He leans his staff on the table and folds up his hands, listening to the matters at hand so he might participate further.

Ptah looks up, and smiles widely.

"Ah! Mr. Tarus! Glad to see you have arrived. We were currently discussing how to deal with the Arcane Delvers given the recent developments..."

Ptah continues to fill in Edgar with the information he spoke before ((my previous two posts)).

"What are your thoughts?"

Edgar furrows his brow and lifts his staff back up. He rings his hands around the metallic curve, the frog inside pops up and looks at Edgar absently, a low "rib-bit" is heard.

"I'm rather concerned about the idea of the Delvers hoarding magical artifacts. I feel like putting so many unstable objects into one location could have devastating or unforeseen consequences. Additionally, I feel as though any one government representing itself as a magical order is a bit off, hmm?"

"I would talk to my cousin about the Delvers more, Richard Tarus, as he was one of the founders. I feel as though, not having dealt much with the Delvers, I am a bit off place to make any statements on how I feel towards them. Though, I must reiterate, I dislike their hoarding. We should watch what few artifacts we ourselves have, if we have any, and make their existence a whisper."