[Academic] The Ministry Of Contemplation

PtahWithin

Nicodemus straightens in his seat. "I say we ignore them completely. Make no interactions what-so-ever, and make no formal declaration on our stance toward them. This way, we continue to keep ourselves out of the focus of other nations regardless of how the Delvers fair. Also, the Delvers won't be able to absorb us if we keep them from getting a foot in the door."

Ptah Remneal tilts his head at their words, first responding to Edgar. "I had not thought about that... surely gathering so many artifacts, regardless of their individual potency, would create perhaps unfortunate magical effects..."

"And I agree. In declaring themselves a sovereign nation, they have demonstrated what their desires are. That of power, whether in politics or posterity - authority and artifacts. We must be careful in our future dealings with them."

The Preeminent Savant turns to Nicodemus. "And perhaps those dealings should be few and far between as you say, Mr. Rosano. But we already have made interactions with them, and possible plans to collaborate in studying their artifacts. Should we abandon such plans, including what insight we would gather, to keep interactions with them as minimal as possible?"

Nicodemus nods. "The dissemination of knowledge is not just something they are uninterested in, but quite apparently antithetical to their organization. What little I can imagine that they would be genuinely willing to share, regardless of what they may have already promised, would not be worth such large and apparent risks."

Nicodemus nods. "The dissemination of knowledge is not just something they are uninterested in, but quite apparently antithetical to their organization. What little I can imagine that they would be genuinely willing to share, regardless of what they may have already promised, would not be worth such large and apparent risks."

Edgar tips his head lightly,

"I wholeheartedly agree. We are best to deal with them as little as possible, to share with them very little, and keep them on the end of a ten foot pole, not in fear, or hate, but in a thought of prosperity and care."

Ptah Remneal runs two fingers across his beard in contemplation, and at last places his palms on the table in resolution.

"And as such I must also agree. We will allow our offer of collaboration to fade out of memory, and if they should ask about it again we shall say we are too busy with other matters."

"Now, are there any more academic proposals before I continue to another subject?"

Minecraft Name:

((THUNDER37))

Skype Name (This may alternatively be PMed to be for privacy purposes):

((thunder37100))

Applicant Name:

Vhaer Centrella

Race and Age:

I am of Mali'ker descent.

What position are you applying for? (Librarian, Maven, Inventor, Analyst, Phrenal):

Inventor.

List any experience you have had with matters regarding that Department:

Though I have not undertaken the work of an engineer for a long time, during the earlier life of Azulon I had found work as an engineers apprentice, working with basic redstone contraptions and undertaking lessons in blueprinting and designing from both an architectural and mechanical standpoint.

Since our arrival in Anthos however, due to both financial and time restraints, I have for the most part until recently been unable to pursue this interest to anymore of a degree than a spare time hobby.

Recently however, I have begun undertaking this interest of mine to a higher degree once more; and am willing to inject myself into your ministry in order to both further my knowledge and join a group of like-minded people in which to share my existing knowledge and learn from.

Describe the reason for your interest in that position (>5 sentences):

As stated above, my interest for this position comes from my interest for the topic at hand and the will to continue what begun many years ago. I cannot particularly write a large amount for this section, at it has both been stated above and there is not a large amount to tell other than what has been stated for my reasons.

By applying, should you be accepted you are expected to utterly adhere to the Common Clauses. Do you understand this?:

I both understand to its entirety and access the common clauses.

Minecraft Name:

((THUNDER37))

Skype Name (This may alternatively be PMed to be for privacy purposes):

((thunder37100))

Applicant Name:

Vhaer Centrella

Race and Age:

I am of Mali'ker descent.

What position are you applying for? (Librarian, Maven, Inventor, Analyst, Phrenal):

Inventor.

To the Dark Elf Vhaer Centrella,

Your application has been reviewed and you may find a time to meet Preeminent Savant Ptah Remneal within the Cloud Temple Library for a last series of questions to solidify your admittance.

Ptah Remneal looks across the table, and being greeted by silence, continues.

"Then I wish to announce that the next thing we shall discuss is relations with the High Elves. For this reason, I have invited none other than Sohaer Kalenz Uradir of the Enclave of Haelun'or to come and join this first Contemplative Conference. He should arrive soon."

Salazar coughs a bit and shifts at mention of the High Elves, being one but having very little interaction with his own kind.

Lee scartches his beard. He does not seem to have heard much of the conversation. 

"What? Are there potatoes in the pies!?" He yells out in frustraition, trying to hear what Ptah said. He puts a finger in his ear and pulls around for a second.

"Oh, wait. High Elves you say?" He chuckles deeply. "They may be good scholars but from my experiance they are more self-righteous than any other folks I have meet." He looks over to Salazar. "No offence of course."

He turns his head against Ptah. "Even so. I do think that it is a fair point to keep in good faith with the High Elves. They do possess a good thinking mind which is always appreciated."

"Indeed - however, I must remind you all to reserve whatever negative opinions you may have for the Mali'aheral, as per the Common Clauses. And we also wish not to make an enemy of them, by any means."

He looks at Ptah "Well I will behave, I have had my fair share of interaction with elves of all sorts during my visits, I did live among them for some time. Even though they didn't like and told me lots of bad things I keept my face straight. My opinons are my own and so are theirs." He takes out a pipe and start to fill it. "They are just not as good as keeping their opinons from the people its directed too." He says with a quiet voice while he lights the pipe and takes some deep breaths while chuckling lightly thinking of the old days.

Minecraft Name: lionkopa99

Skype Name (This may alternatively be PMed to be for privacy purposes): It's on my profile

Applicant Name: Wulfric Grandaxe

Race and Age: 268, Dwarf

What position are you applying for? (Librarian, Maven, Inventor, Analyst, Phrenal): Librarian

List any experience you have had with matters regarding that Department: I am the High Remembrancer of Urguan, part of the King's Council. I have my own guild of Remembrancer that are not working with me as I join the ministry.

Describe the reason for your interest in that position (>5 sentences): I only wish for more knowledge and more contacts with the elves. Their knowledge is way beyond mine and I wish to contribute to the Grand Kingdom in my studies at the ministry. To strengthen my bonds all over the Grand Kingdom, and teach the ways of Ogradhad, ways of dwarven knowledge to those who might be intrested.

By applying, should you be accepted you are expected to utterly adhere to the Common Clauses. Do you understand this?: I understand this.

The walk from Haelun'or to the Ministry of Contemplation was not a walk Kalenz took often. That being said, the walk from Haelun'or to anywhere was not a walk Kalenz took often. With a cold gaze Kalenz' eyes flick over the structure which is the ministry as he approaches in even paces. The sound of footsteps on gravel are replaced by the sound of footsteps on stone as he enters.

He pauses right before Ptah, scanning the half-dwarf up and down before scowling lightly in distaste "What is it you seek tali'bortu? One hopes you have not simply wasted my time as many of your kind have done in the past".

Ptah Remneal, having looked up when Kalenz approached, listened to him as he spoke. Ptah smiles, and gestures to the empty seat at the opposite head of the table Ptah currently is seated in, alongside the other Ministry members surrounding the table.

"Do sit, please! And I assure you, this will not be a waste of time. In fact, we have something rather intriguing to show you... but first we wish to inquire of you. We were just speaking of the situation with the Arcane Delvers, on what to make of their recent declaration of independent sovereignty, facilitating the creation of this 'Magestate'. I was told that you once were a rather influential figure within the Delvers, and so we would ask of you: can you explain what their motivations for this may be?"

Kalenz simply blinks at a chair, he does not elect to take a seat just yet it seems. After a few moments of pause he begins to speak anew:

"My relation to the Delvers stretches back in time to the point where I met Polgrath, to this day one of the few outsiders and the only mali'ker which I wish to spent time in the proximity of. For multiple years did I hold the somewhat obnoxious and valah-like title of "Mindlord's Hand". Time passed and I resigned, returning to the mali'aheral once more. Slowly it seems has control of the organization has shifted from Polgrath to undesirable and unscrupulous individuals."