[Academic] The Ministry Of Contemplation

PtahWithin

FPXVyMB.png

jrVBwQo.png

The Ministry of Contemplation seeks to do what no other group has successfully done before: create a lasting group of scholars, academics and researchers who shall collect, create and discover knowledge for the furthering of intellectual progression of the peoples of Anthos. Due to the diversity of the numerous Departments, there are many possible paths for a member of the Ministry:

Staff

Savants: The leaders of each department and chief organizers of the guild.

-{PS}- Ptah Remneal ((PtahWithin)): Preeminent Savant

-{LS}- Tenshar Karkun ((kanrath)): Leading Savant; Savant of Naturalism; Professor

-{S}- Zane ((The_Blind_Seer)): Savant of Thaumaturgy; Theurgist; Librarian

-{S}- Floop Lightforge ((Floopster)): Savant of Ingenuity; Artisan

-{S}- [X]: Savant of Narratives

-{S}- Lee Scorsby ((Lee_Scorsby)): Savant of Erudition, Rhetor

Deans: Affairs-managers of each department, serving under their respective Savant.

-{D}- Charles Napier ((Radahan)): Dean Clinician; Analyst

-{D}- [X]: Dean Augurer

-{D}- [X]: Dean Contriver

-{D}- [X]: Dean Bibliosoph

-{D}- [X]: Dean Logician

General Staff: Other titled staff of the Ministry.

- Bayron ((Charlie22)): Librarian

- Edgar Adam Tarus ((IlumTarus)): Maven

- Percival Centrella ((Re_addled)): Inventor

- Jak ((BubblesandEpic)): Inventor

- Pernux ((Treshure)): Professor

- Alastair Ravenwood ((SebastianA500)): Analyst

- Elandorr Staghorn ((lukejes)): Rhetor

- Alitaus Lunas ((valor777)): Phrenal

- Amras Yavelti ((Katalion)): Phrenal

Pupils:

- Salazar ((Origin_Lark))

Departments

BxlD6JM.png

The Department of Narratives represents what is most familiar to the common people when they think of scholars. Narrativists are responsible for caretaking the library of the Ministry, as well as collecting not only literary but also artistic works from the peoples of Anthos to include in the library and the Ministry museum.

Cataloger: Upper-tier title

Librarian: Lower-tier title

4S6VYs8.png

The Department of Thaumaturgey focuses on the study and development of arcane magic, as the vast array of magical disciplines makes the arcane an obvious thing worthy of study for the Ministry of Contemplation.  This includes documenting the other areas of magic and the study of magical entities and occurances. Thaumaturges push their study of magic to the cutting edge: to meta-magics, the study of magic itself.

Theurgist: Upper-tier title

Maven: Lower-tier title

yipTXc5.png

The Department of Ingenuity encompasses the members of the Ministry who have devoted themselves to the study of constructable things. Knowledge of technical works is also greatly of value to the Ministry: engineering, blacksmithing, redstone circuitry, architecture and so forth. Ingenuists spend their time drawing blueprints for ever more grand designs than the last.

Artisan: Upper-tier title

Inventor: Lower-tier title

1h4Q1Z3.png

The Department of Naturalism studies not the magical world, nor the creations of mortals, but the physical world itself. The relevant areas of interest include the study of plants and animals, medicine, geology and geography. Naturalists often explore the world to collect specimens, organizing expeditions to do so in the more exotic places of Anthos.

Professor: Upper-tier title

Analyst: Lower-tier title

OBlghmO.png

The Department of Erudition claims domain over a crucial part of academia: the study of knowledge itself, and the transference of it to the next generation. The realm of the Erudists is that of logic, mathematics, philosophy and teaching. Often those who teach in other Departments began training as a Rhetor within the Department of Erudition.

Rhetor: Upper-tier title

Phrenal: Lower-tier title

The Common Clauses

The Ministry of Contemplation has an intense need for self preservation, and so all members must abide by a strict set of rules, the Common Clauses:

• The Ministry of Contemplation and its members shall not engage in entangling alliances with extramural forces, people and nations.
  • The Ministry of Contemplation and its members shall not engage in activities that would provoke a violent response from extramural forces, people and nations, and shall not direct acts of aggression against the aforementioned
  • Members of the Ministry must maintain a collaborative work ethic with other members: expressed hatred and vendettas shall not be tolerated.
  • Failure to abide to the Common Clauses shall lead the member in question to be Thrown Back and removed of their status.

With the recent founding of the Ministry of Contemplation, Preeminent Savant Ptah Remneal is seeking those qualified to be Librarians, Mavens, Inventors, Analysts and Phrenals (the standard scholarly positions of each department). Noteworthy individuals will be selected to be the leadership of their Departments, the Savants and the general affairs manager below each, the Deans, as well as the 'second tier' scholarly positions right above each standard one. Once the aforementioned has been accomplished, and a site for the construction of the academy itself is completed, Pupils may apply to each Department. Pupils who have been given sufficient instruction and approved by the relevant scholarly members may graduate to the standard scholarly position of their department.

The application is as follows ((all must be in-character except the MCname)):

Minecraft Name:

Skype Name (This may alternatively be PMed to be for privacy purposes):

Applicant Name:

Race and Age:

What title are you applying for? (A lower-tiered one: Librarian, Maven, Inventor, Analyst, Phrenal):

List any experience you have had with matters regarding that Department:

Describe the reason for your interest in that position (>5 sentences):

By applying, should you be accepted you are expected to utterly adhere to the Common Clauses. Do you understand this?:

Minecraft Name:

Princetonlax21 

Character Name:

Rasha

Race and Age:

I am of the Kharajyr race; 22 years of age.

What position are you applying for? (Librarian, Theurgist, Inventor, Professor, Rhetor):

Theurgist.

Although I am not a mage myself, I have devoted most of my life to the study of magic. Growing up as a Ape'Kha in Asulon, I was adopted by a Master Mage, Salamandra. Salamandra had a vast array of magical knowledge that extended to his library which I took a particular interest in. I am familiar with the basics of almost all magic principles and am hungry for more knowledge and a possible teacher.

I am almost completely obsessed with magic and how it works. I strive to understand the void and how to activate my aura. I believe that if I continue to study through books and means of intellectual knowledge, I will be able to connect to the void and essentially become a mage. I am looking for purpose, and studying magic through a more dignified means would make it all the better, especially if I have other associates to discuss my findings with. I can admit I don't socially belong anywhere and am generally considered an outcast due to my Kharajyr identity. I wants to fit in and match wits with the more intelligent side of Anthos.

By applying, should you be accepted you are expected to utterly adhere to the Common Clauses. Do you understand this?:

Yes, I understand the common clauses and the possible repercussions.

Minecraft Name:

Jerry_Man

Character Name:
Elindor

Race and Age:
Elven. Something over 300

What position are you applying for? (Librarian, Theurgist, Inventor, Professor, Rhetor):

Dean Augurer (Professor)

Having spent over three human generations practicing different forms of magic, I know more than most about the forms and functions of the unexplained. Having written many a book on the subject, and having seen their pages waste away by unnatural causes, I have not only a wealth of knowledge but a wealth of connections. While research has never been a strong point, my simultaneous gift and curse remains the gathering of knowledge, one which altogether plagues my better judgement to simply retire.

I can explain more specifically my experiences with magic, though I prefer it not be done under public eye.

I have seen many come and go and take little interest in their practices, but the words that remain behind are as some small glimpse into eternity. For few things remain beyond one's lifetime, but knowledge is gathered from millennia of wisdom. It is this wisdom that I wish to shape and mould into an expression that will not be so easily dismissed to crumbling, as my own works have. My previous experience as headmaster of the Aegis Institute of Technology saw similar responsibilities to that of Dean. And, while I know that I can rise to whatever leadership role is unfulfilled by the pool of applicants, I seek no reward nor recognition. I am an overseer of education and appreciator of literary works, but never will I claim the reward of such temporal frivolity.

I live subject to codes far stricter than this that remain to similar effect: Don't fraternise in politics.

Minecraft Name: Voidsoldier

*An elegant letter is adressed towards the Ministry. It is sealed and when opened the fresh scent of roses rises off of it. The partchment inside is folded neatly, meticuously.*

Character Name:My name is Lautrec Sanguine

Race and Age: Human of Northern descent, I was conceived no more than 19 winters ago.

What position are you applying for? (Librarian, Theurgist, Inventor, Professor, Rhetor): I wish to apply for the Pupil role under Thaumaturgey and Erudition 

List any experience you have had with matters regarding that Department: While young I have an infinite reserve of curiosity that will push me beyond others. I have little direct experience with these fields outside of scriptures I have acquired, but hope to apply myself fully to learning. I have longed to learn from arcane scriptures as long as I have lived.

I am Human. That is my curse, and that is my gift. I am literate and curious, well mannered and rounded, yet I have nothing to hope for as time draws to a close. Knowledge is what wakes me up in the morning, it is what keeps me going despite the accursed fate I am doomed to due to my heritage. Age will take me but... I wish to fulfill a promise to myself that I will learn as much as fate allows. I admit fully that I have an ulterior goal to seek out these positions. The recesses of my mind hope that someday I will wander across a cure to this curse. A man can only dream.

I understand this fully and swear on my honor to uphold such clauses.

(( Love this, amazing job Ptah. Reserved for Application when i get home i will write it up))

Minecraft Name: Dohvakin.

Applicant Name: Delonna Aeléyèlsa.

Race and Age: I am of the Mali'aheral, and have lived for over 100 human years.

What position are you applying for? (Librarian, Theurgist, Inventor, Professor, Rhetor): I believe myself best suited to The Department of Thaumaturgey, though the exact position in which remains to be seen.

List any experience you have had with matters regarding that Department: I have engaged in the study of Arcane magic for numerous years now. I know the basic theory one needs to understand should they wish to practice Arcane magic, but admittedly, this is only the very basics compared to what must be out there to learn.

As a Mali'aheral, my interests lie not in swordplay, but in intellectual prowess. I recognise that strength of the mind is more important than physical strength, and that only when one is well learned can they best spread their knowledge. The workings of the Arcane have fascinated me for many years, and now that I have basic understanding, I desire to go beyond the practical application, and further study the theory behind it; most specifically the workings of the void.

By applying, should you be accepted you are expected to utterly adhere to the Common Clauses. Do you understand this?: I understand, and shall endeavour to uphold these clauses.

((Reserved for when I have the time to apply, smashing good job Ptah.))

((This would have been something for my character Godwein perhaps. Sadly he is dead.))

Minecraft Name: VonEbs

Applicant Name: Ebs Telrunya

Race and Age: Mali'Aheral, 317 Valah years.

What position are you applying for?: Rhetor, or one of the Higher Positions in Eridation.

List any experience you have had with matters regarding that Department: I have instructed both illiterate and literate individuals before in the art of writing, and once almost founded the University of Aegis, which was located in Aeriel in Aegis. Sadly the building was destroyed during a war, and the staff was scattered to the winds. I was also mage in the Mages Guild for a time, however I have not practiced the arcane arts in decades.

Describe the reason for your interest in that position (>5 sentences): As I previously states, I once attempted to start a university, and this seems like a noble step in that direction. I enjoy teaching and researching, and am currently working on a history of the descendant races, and the help of fellow academics. For too long have the intellectuals of our world been scattered and persecuted, a more solid organization is needed to support the failing academic community. I believe that this organization needs all the help it can get, and I am offering my services as an accomplished bureaucrat, as well a successful businessman. I would hope I could continue operating my business if accepted, and if need be, I can help support the Ministry financially. I believe I can be an asset, and will work dutifully in any capacity required of me.

By applying, should you be accepted you are expected to utterly adhere to the Common Clauses. Do you understand this?: Indeed.

Minecraft Name:

Princetonlax21 

Character Name:

Rasha

Race and Age:

I am of the Kharajyr race; 22 years of age.

Theurgist.

To the Kharajyr Rasha,

Your application has been reviewed and you may find a time to meet Preeminent Savant Ptah Remneal within the Cloud Temple Library for a last series of questions to solidify your admittance.

Minecraft Name:

Jerry_Man

Character Name:

Elindor

Race and Age:

Elven. Something over 300

Dean Augurer (Professor)

To the Elf Elindor,

Your application has been reviewed and you may find a time to meet Preeminent Savant Ptah Remneal within the Cloud Temple Library for a last series of questions to solidify your admittance, and after ascertaining if you would wish to join the Department of Thaumaturgy or the Department of Naturalism.

Minecraft Name: Voidsoldier

*An elegant letter is adressed towards the Ministry. It is sealed and when opened the fresh scent of roses rises off of it. The partchment inside is folded neatly, meticuously.*

Character Name:My name is Lautrec Sanguine

Race and Age: Human of Northern descent, I was conceived no more than 19 winters ago.

What position are you applying for? (Librarian, Theurgist, Inventor, Professor, Rhetor): I wish to apply for the Pupil role under Thaumaturgey and Erudition

To the Human Lautrec Sanguine,

The Ministry of Contemplation currently lacks the capacity to teach Pupils. However, if you desire you may join now to assist in various other tasks, followed by being taught as a pupil when it is possible for the Ministry to do so. You may find a time to meet Preeminent Savant Ptah Remneal within the Cloud Temple Library for a last series of questions to solidify your admittance.

Minecraft Name: Dohvakin.

Applicant Name: Delonna Aeléyèlsa.

Race and Age: I am of the Mali'aheral, and have lived for over 100 human years.

What position are you applying for? (Librarian, Theurgist, Inventor, Professor, Rhetor): I believe myself best suited to The Department of Thaumaturgey, though the exact position in which remains to be seen.

To the Elf Delonna Aeléyèlsa,

Your application has been reviewed and you may find a time to meet Preeminent Savant Ptah Remneal within the Cloud Temple Library for a last series of questions to solidify your admittance.

Minecraft Name: VonEbs

Applicant Name: Ebs Telrunya

Race and Age: Mali'Aheral, 317 Valah years.

What position are you applying for?: Rhetor, or one of the Higher Positions in Eridation.

To the Elf Ebs Telrunya,