[Playable] Ghosts And You!

Urahra

96 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see spooky ghosties in Anthos?

• Aww yeah.
    • Needs more work. (Post suggestions please?)
    • No. (Post reasons please?)

In my opinion, the ability to turn visible/invisible seems more OP than the ability to shift through walls. But that's just my opinion. As long as ghosts are neutral beings, I see no issue with them having the powers given. What I don't want to see is a ghost sitting in the middle of a meeting of let's say, Oren, and going back and telling the Elves what happened. I don't think anyone would do this, but I do not want to see this happen.

I can't imagine the Ghost would have any real motive like this, unless they happened to be some kind of spy when they were alive - that, or they were a quite high-level ghost who had intention to eavesdrop.

I think this could easily be fixed by imposing a limit on Ghosts - they can only travel to places they have memory of (If a higher echelon of Ghost), or only places they'd go when they were alive (lower level), as stated in Urara's OP with the Farmer example. 

If the Ghost was quite powerful, then I may see them forming an alliance with a living faction, especially if they belonged to them in life. Then again, said ghost would be self-aware of his situation - why would he want to help a living being? Maybe if the Ghost had unpaid dues, or wants revenge it may cooperate with the living, but it would be a bit cheesy/pushing it to have a Ghost work as a spy.

That's just my thoughts, as disjointed and lame as they are. I would be extremely interested in playing one of these should they get accepted - I'd love to play as a long-dead king whom solemnly wanders his kingdom, or a dead courier who can be seen still making deliveries. It would, quite ironically, give a lot of life to Anthos, and that is why I support this idea.

I've seen dozens of statuses and posts about how people say they will use this to make a ghost of their permakilled character.

Fixed with one consonant, one vowel, and one punctuation mark.

But if we only just now accept Ghosts, and there's suddenly a bunch of Ghosts, where did they all come from? Why didn't we have any before? I really wouldn't want to see more than one or two ghosts floating around at a time. I know you'd like a Ghost-app, but I can see problems with that. We've got way too many applications as it is and too many exclusive cliques.

I just don't think most people can be trusted to play Ghosts, especially with the later ability to turn invisible, fly, etc. I know you said you don't want it to be an E-Team only thing, but I think it should be used in conjunction with events as opposed to just casually roleplaying a ghost. Seeing a ghost isn't something that people should ever react casually to or not be surprised by. 

It should never be so outplayed to the point you walk into a ghost tending a field and go "Oh hey, its just another ghost. Whatever."

I'm not saying all that would happen; But it is definitely a possibility, and one that I'd like to avoid. 

It's just that I've written ghosts to have a progression. It takes roleplay to shift from one tier of ghosts to another. I want people to RP with them. Using them for events means just playing them for an hour, maybe two, and forgetting they exist.

And I do plan to limit them. I planned for there to be only four, maybe five. And I'm going to make sure the selection process is tough and unforgiving. I plan for ghosts to be very solitary and not interact with bunches of people. I don't plan for any ghosts to just appear in the city.

And technically, ghosts HAVE been around. I've seen people RPing ghosts before. There was just no lore for it.

If they're accepted as E-team only, then why did I even bother writing all this lore? Why did I bother writing about the progression from a low tier ghost to a high tier ghost? I just feel it would be an utter waste of my lore to make them E-team only.

And why CAN'T we trust normal players a little bit? I'm not staff. I was staff once, but I hated it. Yet I consider myself a pretty damn good roleplayer.

There are lots of high quality roleplayers who would love a chance to bring some unique RP. And not everyone on the E-team is flawless. I've heard bad stories about some of them. Are you saying that people are unworthy or incapable of creating or doing advanced RP just because they don't have a staff member title?

The only thing that separates a staff member from a normal player is an application. An application that lots of players could easily get accepted if they wanted. Some of us don't want to be staff. Some of us have tried it and quit because we didn't like it. Saying we're not trustworthy and denying us access to all the fun RP is just not fair.

Pretty cool to be honest. I wish the best for this idea.

Also, lovely skinning you did.

Maybe someone can think of a good Lore reason that someone will become a ghost that goes beyond the personal ambition of someone who is dead. So if you can only become a ghost if (for example) something happens to your soulstone while you die or immediately afterwards, then there is good reason for someone to be overseeing it and say "Nope, sorry. there are too many ghosts. Your soulstone faded away during death". Which means that you've then got ghosts who are only based on great character concepts, as opposed to a VA which is just equipping players to get more of what they want.

A ghost exists because something about their death doesn't make sense with their soul. They are in denial, and I think they should be stuck to repeating their final day's actions over and over till they become self aware. This could revolve around the soulstone, as there is already a great deal of mystery revolving around those things.

I would love to try something (if Elindor ever did die) which would involve trying to find Maeghan.

This needs to happen, My char just died when she was six and was on a journey to find her purpose. she needs to complete that journey, so she can sleep in the afterlife.....peacefully

Maybe someone can think of a good Lore reason that someone will become a ghost that goes beyond the personal ambition of someone who is dead. So if you can only become a ghost if (for example) something happens to your soulstone while you die or immediately afterwards, then there is good reason for someone to be overseeing it and say "Nope, sorry. there are too many ghosts. Your soulstone faded away during death". Which means that you've then got ghosts who are only based on great character concepts, as opposed to a VA which is just equipping players to get more of what they want.

A ghost exists because something about their death doesn't make sense with their soul. They are in denial, and I think they should be stuck to repeating their final day's actions over and over till they become self aware. This could revolve around the soulstone, as there is already a great deal of mystery revolving around those things.

I would love to try something (if Elindor ever did die) which would involve trying to find Maeghan.

I would think that someone who in their  life had a driving force that made them search for a purpose that they would be a ghost

Also, A Sideffect of having a ghost in a room should be that it gets very cold.

I do believe that if ghosts could fly, that they should have a flight limit, say 10 blocks. Is there a plugin that might do that?

I do believe that if ghosts could fly, that they should have a flight limit, say 10 blocks. Is there a plugin that might do that?

No, any form of flying, even as a ghost, isn't really acceptable sadly. It's far too easy to abuse. Also, I think we'd need a custom plugin for that.

No, any form of flying, even as a ghost, isn't really acceptable sadly. It's far too easy to abuse. Also, I think we'd need a custom plugin for that.

Alright

On a side note, I've been practicing my ghostliness

OKAY GUYS

GHOSTS ARE NOT GOING TO BE EVERYWHERE

I AM LIKELY GOING TO ACCEPT MAYBE FOUR OF THEM, IF I GET CONTROL OF THE LORE

FOUR.

MEANING YOUR CHANCES OF BEING A GHOST ARE VERY LOW

BECAUSE THIS IS A PROBLEM PEOPLE KEEP BRINGING UP AND I AM SICK TO DEATH OF REPEATING MYSELF

THERE WILL NOT BE GHOSTS EVERYWHERE.

A FEW SELECT PEOPLE WILL GET TO BE GHOSTS

AND BY "A FEW", I MEAN FOUR OR LESS