[Event Creatures] Trolls

Trolls!  

119 members have voted

1. 1. Welcome Trolls to LotC?

Secondly, if a troll is turned to stone by sunlight, when night falls again the stone turns back into a troll. If these are to be played by players being PKed by sunlight is a little harsh.

It is a sun safety message. Skin cancer is harsh.

jk

I definitely like this and can't wait to see this implemented (hopefully). Plus I would really enjoy trying to rp a troll, it would be nice change. +1

I can see it now! A large stupid troll named Gubbie lumbering through Salvus gets killed for farting. Haha all jokes aside, I'm really interested in trolls. It's kind of like playing an Orc, minus all the clan allegiance stuff I suppose.

I think it's better if you not only remove the artifact from the history, but remove all understanding of what caused the trolls to become what they are from the history as well. This would allow more room for legends and the trolls themselves could argue with one another over a pot of man-stew over what their origins might be. Sometimes it's nice to have some things left unsaid in story-telling.

As for the sunlight turning them to stone, I would say let the sunlight turn them into stone and then have them return to their natural state once darkness falls. This allows more wiggle-room for RP and players encountering a stone troll would have limited time to decide what to do with it before it would eventually regain it's mobility at dusk and begin smashing at them again. This just leaves a lot more doors open for role-play, rather than a one-shot kill.

Fully implemented. For now, please get the okay of SuperSodaPops to play a troll. If you play a troll, YOU MUST FOLLOW THE TROLL LORE. I do not want to see any more trolls joining up with knightly orders, working for money or acting as bandits, and if people do so measures will be taken to counteract it.