Telekinesis Guide

Supremacy

Thanks, once my character learns Telekenesis he is going to do that when interviewing people

On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 3:06 AM, Lego XBOX said:

For the time being, yes - new guides will be released SoonTM.

We're waiting.... lol

1 hour ago, Gallidron said:

What is the absolute maximum weight a telekinetic can lift?

Depending on the skill of the mage. 

If you're not a high enough skill it is only the weight of what your character can carry. From this can multiply depending on your skill in the art.

A T5 telekinetic mage can lift a massive boulder but takes a lot of focus and energy to do such. Multiple mages can work together to 'lift' an extremely large object. 

This being said no full correct calculation of "how much weight can they lift" but it's roughed down to what your character could achieve. Of course keep it within guidelines and do it correctly. No lifting entire houses. 

Though in rough sketch. If you have enough focus and have timed everything correctly you would be able to lift.

An example:

With enough time you can achieve this weight by a singular mage:

DSC_4064.jpg

Though unless you have others assisting you, you wouldn't be able to lift something this big:

Man-trying-to-push-Krishnas-butter-ball-

Hope this helps. 

On 10/03/2017 at 0:47 AM, Gallidron said:

The limit at T3 is the strength of a regular person. So in terms of what to be doing in combat, shy away from lifting any more than a (strong) person would be able to.

On March 9, 2017 at 7:47 PM, Gallidron said:

Well! Supremacy actually defines it down to the kg. No need to make rough guesses or be confused.

On May 14, 2013 at 9:21 PM, Supremacy said:

Reaching Tier 5: The telekinetic can lift objects up to 300 kilograms in weight. From here telekinetic lifting ability increases by about 5kg per elven week.

I have decided to create a work based on the generally accepted progression standards of Telekinesis. It should help to have everything in one place.

Telekinesis

A Guide to Progression

Telekinesis, as a voidal magic, progresses in a not dissimilar fashion to other voidal magics. One starts their journey as an apprentice, struggling to accomplish even minor feats. Eventually, however, skill is acquired and more and more can be drawn forth from the void. This guide is to help the prospective student, the new caster or even the fledgling instructor to create a framework for safe and reliable progress. In essence a lesson plan.

To begin we shall simplify this progression by creating an arbitrary ranking system. We’ll say that a novice is rank 1 and a master is rank 5. Ideally as a teacher one should be a master of the magic being taught and telekinesis is no different.

A rank 1 student will begin by being unable to do much at all. I was only able to barely move a feather on my first attempt and I had already mastered Transmutation before taking up Telekinesis. (It should help to note that if a student takes up Transmutation before other forms of magic, it tends to deepen their mana reserves.) After some practice however a rank 1 telekinetic will be able to reliably manipulate up to 4 or 5 small objects, each weighing no more than half a kilogram, or 1.1 pounds each. Be careful though as their focus can be easily broken. This progression should last 1 or 2 elven weeks.

Moving on to a rank 2 telekinetic, the student can begin to test themselves against more difficult tasks. Whether they focus on moving more items at once or simply on heavier items is up to you the teacher, but I would not ask them to lift anything heavier than 12 kilograms, or 26.5 pounds, at once. The strain may prove impossible for them and set them up for failure. This progression should last about 2 or 3 elven weeks, making the student ready to begin rank 3 training after about an elven month of total training.

Rank 3 will see the student’s still increase in very noticeable ways. Their speed and dexterity with the objects manipulated will show a great deal more prowess. Items of slightly weightier can be lifted though I would only expect them to lift up to 50 kilograms, 110.2 lbs., reliably. Heavier objects can be moved, though with some difficulty I would wager. This progression usually lasts around 1 or two elven months.

As a Rank 4 telekinetic your student will truly begin to come into their own. They are less an apprentice at this stage, than a mage who is honing a hard won skill. Much of their training can now be performed on their own, with only the odd bit of wisdom or bit of advice coming from you, their once all important teacher. Upon reaching rank 4 I was able to lift 80 kilograms or so, 176.4 pounds, with only a moderate amount of focus. The telekinetic’s skill will greatly increase, should they practice, over the next 2 elven months. It is not uncommon to see them jump from 80 kilograms to around 200 kilograms of movable weight in that time.

Rank 5 is the rank of the master. Your skill and your knowledge are truly formidable and you know well the uses of this arcane art. Around 300 kilograms, 661.4 pounds of weight is the average for new telekinetic masters but this will increase as you ply your craft. A rank 5 who uses their skill regularly can expect to see a 5 kilogram, 11 pounds, per elven week increase in their weight maximum.

It is important to note that throughout these progressions, a telekinetic will find their ability to focus, even through numerous and raucous interruptions, increase. On the average, about ⅕ of a mage’s total weight limit can be manipulated with true speed and dexterity, and 1/10 of their maximum weight can be manipulated with dazzling speed and prowess once one has achieved real skill.

I hope this book has been of use to you the reader and I encourage you to always seek to improve your knowledge.

-Gallidron Elindrow

Easy reference guide

Rank 1: up to five objects each weighing no more than ½ kg. 1-2 weeks

Rank 2: 12kg. 2-3 weeks

Rank 3: 50kg. 1-2 months

Rank 4: Progression from 80kg to 200kg. 2 months

Rank 5: 300kg starting. 5kg gain each week

Moved to The Great Library. It shall be sorted into the appropriate category shortly.

If you feel this is a mistake, please contact myself or any FM and we'll restore it.