[✓] [Lore] Nether Tendrils

Name:

Nether Tendrils

Appearance:

The small plant consists of a bulb and shallow root system, which grow around stumps of trees and decaying wood. Multiple snaky tendrils emanate from the bulb, black in color with fiery orange spots. It is recognizable by its unique, musty odor, which can be detected even when the plant is processed. The liquid extracted from the plant will always be a pinkish-red color.

Effects:

When the drug extracted from the bulb is consumed, it produces a happy, fuzzy feeling in the user. As more is ingested or absorbed, a joyous, happy feeling arises. Too much consumption in a short time can lead to an increased heart rate, fatigue, and unconsciousness, as well as attentiveness, twitching, erratic behavior. and a jittery feeling.

How it works:

The plant’s tendrils and roots have no effects; they only serve to identify it. The bulb can be crushed up and drained; the fluids being the most potent. The liquid can be diluted or concentrated as needed, and ingestion or application directly to the bloodstream are two methods to have the drug take effect. Additionally, it can be dried and converted into incense. The plant in its plain or ‘raw’  form would have a very mild effect. Another method of ingestion would be infusing the drug in baked goods or food.

The Cure:

The effects operate similarly to cactus green. The rate and amount of the drug that is consumed directly affects the drug’s main effect and side effects. If it was consumed or drunk in potion form, water taken immediately after would dilute it and would stifle the effects. Otherwise, the happiness and negative side effects from the plant would have to wear of naturally.

Uses:

The plant, in drug form, would mostly be used for recreational use. It could also be used for medical reasons, even as a possible antidepressant.

Pros:

- Provides entertainment and fun, and is not a taxing drug.

- Easily detectable to a mediocre herbalist or alchemist, making poisoning difficult.

-Relatively mild side effects, with an overdose being extremely unlikely.

Cons:

-Requires some refining and processing to be made into an effect drug.

-Side effects become more prominent and negative as more of the drug is taken.

-Easily could be habit-forming.

-Requires some alchemical and herbal knowledge.

OOC:

Item name - Rose Red (Dye)

Nether tendrils have nothing to do with the nether, that is just the name.

I have never done lore before, please give me constructive advice. Thanks ^_^

No, this drug is much different, cactus green is a depressant, this would be a stimulant. Different side affects. Soure: My Orc is a drug dealer on the side.

I would think this is the merge or balance between, the drug nickname "Weed" as everyone would know what that is, with a very low hallucinogenic fungus, Aka: Toadstool. 

Although if you want to be plain with detail...

"Cactus Green + Red Mushroom = This

I would think this is the merge or balance between, the drug nickname "Weed" as everyone would know what that is, with a very low hallucinogenic fungus, Aka: Toadstool. 

Although if you want to be plain with detail...

"Cactus Green + Red Mushroom = This

well, like weed (cactus green) toadstools are more of a depressant, this reminds me more of ecstacy, or other club drugs that are considered stimulants.

well, like weed (cactus green) toadstools are more of a depressant, this reminds me more of ecstacy, or other club drugs that are considered stimulants.

Weed ain't a depressant. I feel like the effects described in Patriotics lore post describe it's effects very nicely.

Personally I don't see anything wrong with this lore, there are multiple drug plants in the world, some with similar effects, and it would add a little variety. 

Another method of ingestion would be infusing the drug in baked goods or food.

:trollhappy:  Hash cookies! YUS!

But in all seriousness, yes it does have mostly the same effects as cactus green (which also produces a euphoria). I would love to see this implemented, and I'm sure my upcomming character would make use of it. However I would personally like to see some different effects to seperate it more-so from cactus green.

Lore for cactus green just for reference: http://www.lordofthecraft.net/forum/index.php?/topic/88337-lore-smoking-herbs/

As for people talking about Marijuana, it is classed as neither a depressant, stimulant or hallucinogen, since it it can have any or all of these effects depending on the user.

Sure, why not. Seems written well enough, don't really care if its similar to Cactus Green, its a different drug. 

A good idea, in fact, why not get with Telanir about getting this infused with the brewing plugin?  So you can dilute/concentrate it over time, might add more challenge to it.

The reason I wrote this lore is to provide documentation for a drug I use. It's similar to cactus green, yes, but it provides a consistent 'happy' feeling, as opposed to a 'high' one might get off of cactus green. 

I usually infuse it into my pastries, making them even more delicious. 

The 'happy' feeling is artificial, so based on how much you have, you could be attending your grandmother's funeral and be smiling. I believe if you had cactus green, you would just be 'high'.

After Lore Team has discussed this lore, we have deemed it worthy of acceptance. However, do keep in mind that this will only be used as a recreational drug or a minor poison if used in large doses, not a lethal extract that can be weaponized as I've already seen discussed.

Move to Accepted Lore for the next stage. Please hold use till Implemented.