[Event Creature] Giant Crabs

hex37

Giant Crabs

Giant_Crab_by_youngmankang.jpg

Description: They appear to be Giant Crabs, go figure. They are about 15 meters long and 9 meters tall, with a thick carapace covered in spiky growths. Their pincers are strong enough to open up armored men as if they were tin-cans, and hard enough to deflect even heavy siege equipment. It's only true weakness is it's underside, which is less armored than the rest of its body.

Age: Judging by the many many years these things have been trapped in Anthos, They just don't die until killed.

Mating Cycle: None. If one of these behemoths managed to meet another, they'd just start killing each-other.

Creation: Giant crabs are the by product of a rather insane alchemist, who decided to make an army of crustaceans. They were made to be big and merciless, with an unnatural desire to kill anything that moves. The army of crabs quickly killed and ate their creator, and proceeded to Ravage all of Anthos. They were eventually put down (mostly by each other because giant crabs kill anything that moves), but a small handful went unaccounted for, becoming trapped in old ruins, subterranean lakes, or forgotten caves.

Taming: Those who try to tame the giant crab will fail. It is a beast made to kill, and unless you can convince it you're a rock, it will crush and eat you.

Uses: Good for eating delvers of ruins, and their massive carapaces make good centerpieces for massive tables... or roofing for small houses. Due to the thickness of the crab's carapace, armor made of its body would be weaker than the crab's own resilient body, ultimately amounting to being only slightly more durable than leather armor.

:megustacreepy:

And I thought I was the crazy alchemist here

+1

Sounds like fun. Though, are they purely underwater creatures, or can they emerge and wreak havoc on towns with their giant killer snippers? Also, will you be releasing lore on giant crap eating octopi to combat these foul creatures?

i8zci.gif

Sounds like fun. Though, are they purely underwater creatures, or can they emerge and wreak havoc on towns with their giant killer snippers? Also, will you be releasing lore on giant crap eating octopi to combat these foul creatures?

They are amphibious, but prefer the underwater, or moist areas. Also, all existing ones are currently stuck for one reason or another. They'd have to be freed before they could wreak havoc once more.

Which mob to represent them with?

Forget mobs, if this gets accepted I'm gonna spend the next 5 months doing crab invasion events :3

QPl9oZP.jpg

MWUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Use their carapaces to make crab armour.

Well, it looks like a decent idea, at first glance it seems a little iffy, but I believe in events with a giant crab going around eating people will bring some joy to my heart. +1