[Event Creature] Pleskana

Pleskana

plesiosaur472.jpg

Description: The Pleskana is a large reptilian sea creature that resides on the shores of Yamamoto and across Furnestock, it was discovered by fishermen applying their trade across the shoreline of Yamamoto and Shattenburg. They have the body of what could be seen as a large turtle without a shell complete with four flippers and a tail not to discount their large neck. Their scales are usually a shade of blue and are usually patterned to act either as camouflage or to attract a mate for the male Pleskana.

Plesiosaurus_dolich1DB.jpg

They feed on a diet of fish and sharks, usually animals slower than themselves, as well as pebbles to help grind down food in their digestive system. The size of the Pleskana varies, at birth they can be from 2-2.5 metres long from neck to tail, but as they grow to an adult they range between 10-15 metres from neck to tail. Their behaviour is varied around sentient races, they have the ability to sense when a creature has ill intentions for them, when they sense danger they become violent, although if they are not inside the ocean their attacks are slow and quite limited, however in the ocean they are at their most dangerous.

Plesiosaur_on_land.jpg

However with them sensing hostile intentions from other creatures they are docile when they don’t sense hostility, they tolerate the presence of other creatures near them as long as they keep a distance and don’t attack. While out of the water their scales hardens to protect them as their offensive capabilities while on land are severely limited, their scales hardens enough to keep them unharmed from arrow shots depending on where their hit but crossbows and spears can pierce their skin when enough force is applied. When a Pleskana bites down onto prey the teeth sink into its prey, the Pleskana having a huge bite force enough to crush most bones in a human body given the right amount of force. They are also incredibly hard to shake off as they have very strong jaws suited to stopping fast and large prey.

Plesiosaur_by_IRIRIV.jpg

Taming and domestication: The Pleskana cannot be tamed or domesticated, they are a purely wild creature, they will resist any attempts of capture and if in captivity they will die after a few days due their in adaptability to survive enclosed environments.

Plesiosaur.jpg

Breeding: The Pleskana have a mating season once a year during springtime, males scales change in patterns to attempt to impress females, after the males have done the deed  the female Pleskana will have a pregnancy that will last six months before a calf is born, oddly the Pleskana doesn't lay eggs like other reptilians, instead they give birth to their calf like a whale or a dolphin would.

Baby_plesiosaur_by_NetRaptor.jpg

Lifespan: The average male Pleskana will live for thirty to thirty five years while in the wild and the average female Pleskana will live for fourty to fourty five years.

As long as I can ride one, I approve. 'Cause Dinosaurs are cool, y'know?

Can't be tamed, doesn't mean can't be ridden!

As long as I can ride one, I approve. 'Cause Dinosaurs are cool, y'know?

Taming and domestication: The Pureshiosarusu cannot be tamed or domesticated, they are a pure wild creature, they will resist any attempts of capture and if in captivity they will die after a few days due their inadaptability to enclosed environments.

Nummy approves of these marvelous creatures. I shall learn dinosaur sounds and sing them to sleep. 

Really long name :/

Also!  What's with all these new creatures that Druids apparently have no affect on?  T_T

As long as we can call one Nessie! 

Really long name :/

Also!  What's with all these new creatures that Druids apparently have no affect on?  T_T

Not to familiar with Druidic lore, I didn't know Druidic lore could effect sea creatures, but if you could explain why it would effect this creature I will try and implement something into this piece of writing.

-Plants the banner of Herro land on this thread, a distinct sign of his approval and support.-

Goodness gracious, change the name. We have enough things on the server that are difficult to spell and even more difficult to pronounce.

I like dinosaurs, but can't we name it something simpler?

Goodness gracious, change the name. We have enough things on the server that are difficult to spell and even more difficult to pronounce.

I like dinosaurs, but can't we name it something simpler?

Came up with the name after a couple minutes of thinking, I'll probably change it as there does appear to be issues with the length >.>

As long as we can call one Nessie! 

ON IT.

Any part of nature.  If a Druid were somehow able to get within sight of one, they would be able to befriend it (as with almost all creatures).    It's a characteristic quality of the Druids.