Event Idea: Monster Board

hex37

51 members have voted

1. 1. Should event be accepted?

• Oh heck yes.
    • No. [Please post why]

The basic Idea I had is that if a team fails to kill the monster, the monster doesn't go /anywhere/. In fact, it becomes bigger, wiser, and harder to kill. Eventually? They'll become legendary beasts, that possibly even 10 (or, god forbid, 15) people will have to fight to take down.

Follow-up events like city attacks sounds fantastic of course. ETs love to go on fun rampages, it is known. I would leave that up to the Actor in question.

I have to say... I love this idea.  I always thought that you would have to make an event for any sort of monster hunting activity but this works just as well.  My only concern is how distribute some events and how people get a contract accepted.  Is it first come first serve?  Are groups and/or individuals who wish to participate chosen at random?  Just some things to consider as we want to distribute these events evenly, not have one person and/or group laying claim to the monster contracts again and again. 

This is a scary question, and truly there is no easy answer. What I would suggest is two things:

First, Hunter registrations. Groups of 5 players can apply for a hunter permit. These groups of 5 will be headed by 1 leader, who will decide who will be on the team itself, in the case of absences.

Second, a spreadsheet, recording the activity of hunting groups. Newer groups will be given preference on easier hunts. Older and more successful groups will be given preference on harder hunts. Who will hunt will be decided on by the ET ultimately, though it will be encouraged that they give preference to active groups who were denied a hunts in the past.

As for the amount of hunting groups that can be accepted, I think it would be acceptable to never let it raise beyond 5 groups of 5. If there is more than that, the bounty board will look quite empty indeed! If any group is inactive for more than, say, a month, I'll remove their registration.

I really like this idea! Adventure RP is really popular from what I've seen and any new way of going about it is a plus for me. A bounty board section would be great, maybe we'd see the formation of lots of small adventuring parties ala Dungeons and Dragons going questing for loot, glory, and likely death.

Most definitely! My personal opinion would be to start small with 5 groups, then, if the Event team gets really engaged in it and starts suggesting numerous monster events, we could even increase the number to 10 groups of 5. That's initially 25 players, and potentially 50 players getting involved in the monster lore of LOTC. To me, that sounds amazing.

The basic Idea I had is that if a team fails to kill the monster, the monster doesn't go /anywhere/. In fact, it becomes bigger, wiser, and harder to kill. Eventually? They'll become legendary beasts, that possibly even 10 (or, god forbid, 15) people will have to fight to take down.

Follow-up events like city attacks sounds fantastic of course. ETs love to go on fun rampages, it is known. I would leave that up to the Actor in question.

This is a scary question, and truly there is no easy answer. What I would suggest is two things:

First, Hunter registrations. Groups of 5 players can apply for a hunter permit. These groups of 5 will be headed by 1 leader, who will decide who will be on the team itself, in the case of absences.

Second, a spreadsheet, recording the activity of hunting groups. Newer groups will be given preference on easier hunts. Older and more successful groups will be given preference on harder hunts. Who will hunt will be decided on by the ET ultimately, though it will be encouraged that they give preference to active groups who were denied a hunts in the past.

As for the amount of hunting groups that can be accepted, I think it would be acceptable to never let it raise beyond 5 groups of 5. If there is more than that, the bounty board will look quite empty indeed! If any group is inactive for more than, say, a month, I'll remove their registration.

A really well thought out response.  This makes me more comfortable.  Perhaps have that the spreadsheet be made public just so that way the community knows that there is no fowl play with one group being chosen over another should that approach be taken.

Thankye~! I've updated the OP adding this, along with a hunter License registration form.

This could be really good, and I'm hoping it grows and does well so more people can experience this type of rp.

I was suggested something by a friend in skype yesterday that I found to be an incredible idea to kickstart the monster board, take weight off the shoulders of the ET, and, in the end, still generate a massive amount of events.

I will need the ET's, and ultimately Viper to check me off on it though.

What would you think of allowing players to make small, mini apps specifically to be allowed to play monsters for the board? I know that there is always a huge amount of people gunning for the ET, and while this wouldn't allow them access to ET powers, it would give them a permit to be temporary monsters for the board. It would bear no rank nor title but they would be allowed to host events on the board.

I was suggested something by a friend in skype yesterday that I found to be an incredible idea to kickstart the monster board, take weight off the shoulders of the ET, and, in the end, still generate a massive amount of events.

I will need the ET's, and ultimately Viper to check me off on it though.

What would you think of allowing players to make small, mini apps specifically to be allowed to play monsters for the board? I know that there is always a huge amount of people gunning for the ET, and while this wouldn't allow them access to ET powers, it would give them a permit to be temporary monsters for the board. It would bear no rank nor title but they would be allowed to host events on the board.

More applications... eh. Too complicated. 

This idea is brilliant, but I suggest leaving it up to the E team instead of creating a entirely new team to play monsters.

Yeah, most likely.

This event has been accepted by the Event Team! Zarsies, an Event Team actor and builder, will be contacting you soon (some time after the 3rd of July, as he is away).

This is temporary! I will soon  be making  a new forum post to keep an updated monster list. Feel free to check out the board at cloud temple and contact Zarsies if you are interested in accepting a hunting mission.

5wB1DMq.png

I suggest that whenever you, as players slay a monster, it should be your responsibility to help imagine up a new one to take it's place.

Like cutting down a tree and replacing it's sapling for the next player.

This may also cut down on the number of players rushing to slay monsters and clear the board if they have to take the time to make an entirely new monster with behavior, territory and lore on the board in place of the previous.