[Poll] As The Tornadoes Descend

Ibn Khaldun

Environmental Capability  

268 members have voted

1. 1. Should Environmental Damage from Events Take Place? ((Such as small structure damage, trees falling, etc.))

• Yes
    • No
    • To a lesser extent only
    • Larger-scale damage should require OOC permission

CurryTheLineStorm.gif

Upon Storm's Crossing, from the western portion, a storm had brewed. A storm, that upon reaching Storm's Crossing, was fueled by the different temperatures and air flows, the clouds stirring to and fro with rotations and whirls. As the storm progressed northward along the Anthos continent, the wind-shear would clench trees against the ground and wipe away tents, lightning bolts constant throughout. Tornadoes are reported to have struck Storm's Crossing, the Kaedrin Farms, Kralta, and Abresi; damaged has been recorded to be minor whilst injuries and deaths were minimal.

Tornado.jpg

[[OOC: So I RPed alongside Acerbuddy an entire storm system, I want to bring forth a dynamic map full of various events from the environs of the map as well as interesting events with back-story and progression. Part of a dynamic environment is recognising that you are part of a pliable environment that can easily mold you as well. I put forth a poll to gauge the willingness for players to accept environmental damage from events such as tornadoes. I personally believe players should be willing to accept smaller damage situations, but I am all for asking permission to do heavier damage (utter building destruction). Give your opinion below in constructive fashion and do not forget to vote.]]

Having such unpredictable events sounds exciting enough to me! Not to mention the roleplay behind inhabitants gathering to reconstruct what was lost.

You have my bow.

Go for it. Major structures sure receive some form of preemptive warning or approval, due to warclaims and such.

I think approval is silly "Hey can I realistically damage you're building in my storm?" "Er. No ty." 

What happens if they say no? I love this idea.

Go for it. Major structures sure receive some form of preemptive warning or approval, due to warclaims and such.

This.

I loved the RP though :3

I was running to and from the White Rose Keep, making sure the farm hands were safe (She don diddly logged off, and left me fer dead!)

I think Acer saw me show up just in time to save the people from the White Rose Checkpoint Bridge before it collapsed :3

This, again.

I believe this should definitely be put in place, I have no idea why it wasn't brought to the table before. 

Just like to clarify that the storm system today did NOT do heavy scale damage. Unless you cry over two lampposts :3

2b299cddd8cd0a1a87b6e2614d484938.png

All the elves hiding in the improvised storm shelter-cum-whiskey house.

Yes. I support large scale damage, as it increases RP in many ways, from hiring the builders, to buying the things required for rebuilding to the grieving. Also, the suddenness of destroying a large building without warning can be bad, but I stand neutral on that matter.

Overall, Yes. So much yes. Fell the trees, destroy the buildings, and ravage the lands like no other force!

Just like to clarify that the storm system today did NOT do heavy scale damage. Unless you cry over two lampposts :3

Damn you Gaius! Those two lamp post were the things that held LOTC together now with out them were doomed...

I think it's a good idea it's one of the few things that make people put behind there past troubles and hide in some hole in the ground, so you have my support +1

Considering a large lamppost was uprooted and sent me flying into the air, hitting the fountain and nearly causing me to die....yes..I do think damage is needed.

It was a pretty fun event by the way. 

This.

I loved the RP though :3

I was running to and from the White Rose Keep, making sure the farm hands were safe (She don diddly logged off, and left me fer dead!)

I think Acer saw me show up just in time to save the people from the White Rose Checkpoint Bridge before it collapsed :3

I did indeed! On a side note, I really love doing these kinds of events, because they can be both simplistic, and enjoyable for all.

This could help make the landscape more beautiful and turn inactive towns and villages into calm and peaceful ruins.

I think buildings should have a chance of being completely destroyed. Makes it more immersive.