[Poll] As The Tornadoes Descend

Ibn Khaldun

Environmental Capability  

268 members have voted

1. 1. Should Environmental Damage from Events Take Place? ((Such as small structure damage, trees falling, etc.))

• Yes
    • No
    • To a lesser extent only
    • Larger-scale damage should require OOC permission

My reasons for voting yes.

I've lived through several tornados and I know the power they hold.  Katrina was one of the worst ones that hit the area around where I live and utterly destroyed so much.  Did Katrina ask us if we wanted the damage?... NOPE.  

However, after the storm things changed and for the better at least for a  time.  The community went all out to help one another, red cross , the church, and countless organizations bounded together to help those effected by the storm.  In a similar way I could see an immense rp come from this if we do this right. A way that gives other nations a chance to come and help those who are hurt.  For instance when another country suffers from any national disaster the US sends many volunteers over to help them.  They rebuilt destroyed places with new improvements, they bring food and water, and the church even helps out (oren here maybe?)

So yes.. I think this is an amazing idea for role play ... not only the event itself but the aftermath would be great if it is done correctly. 

Another example... what if lets say something destroy part of Mailnor and one or several great tree's were destroyed..  The elves and the humans , or even the high elves  could work together to help rebuild if they can look past there differences for a bit.  Not only that the Druids would have a very fun opportunity to use their magic to regrow some of the great trees.  

I have more but I must go now... I think this should do for a general  idea of why I voted Yes.

I do like the sound of this. Aslong as it doesn't upset people and cause arguments OOC then I am fine if it is role played correctly and effiencently

Yes. Burn Lenfarthing to the ground. There will be butthurt over this, but most of the butthurt players live in fortresses and castles where they're less likely to be affected by storm damage. Real men live in farm houses.

Yes. Burn Lenfarthing to the ground. There will be butthurt over this, but most of the butthurt players live in fortresses and castles where they're less likely to be affected by storm damage. Real men live in farm houses.

Hm..clearly earthquakes are needed to go alongside these storms.

Earthquakes and silverfish infestations. :P

We want natural disasters, not panic attacks. 

Silverfish...

OOC permission shouldn't be handled as 'permission' so much as information. If I came back to find stuff destroyed because (inevitably due to AUS timezones) I wasn't online when the storm hit, I would be incredibly pissed off because I have no way to know what the heck happened. If you clear it with region owners (and I don't mean just the parent region) so that there's no nasty surprises,  players can come back and pick up the pieces.

It just comes down to a "hey, this is happening. Let us know if you've got any major OOC issues"

Damn, missed this, but i totally agree, being from the philippines its storms, storms, and more storms, oh the jolly good storms, that keep hittng us, but i do think that some major buildings should be warned before being destroyed.

-Edit-

This would eventually lead to  magic that would include "weather manipulation" wont it... :/

Honestly, that wasn't really what we had in mind when we did this.  :thumbup:

Not 1 single person on this server will allow someone to RP a giant ass storm going through their home and destroying it along with his/her personal belongings. If any non-staff player says that then they are pretty much flat out lying. I am sorry but people work hard for the things they get even if it is just a game. Destroying their hard work without notice or even a thought of consideration would be devastating and personally, quite rude.

No country should be spared. Malinor and Oren should get Tornadoes, the Dwarven Mountains should get blizzards and avalanches, the Orcish Desert should get sandstorms, and the Kha should get Hurricanes. :D

I quite like the idea of natural disasters /actually/ causing major damage, with OOC permission. I can only imagine the advantages and disadvantages it would pose in various battles and sieges and the like. ^^

I quite like the idea of natural disasters /actually/ causing major damage, with OOC permission. I can only imagine the advantages and disadvantages it would pose in various battles and sieges and the like. ^^

Nobody would willingly accept being at a disadvantage in a siege because of weather.

Nor would I pop a tornado in the middle of a siege LOL