How To Conduct And Navigate Large Rp Battles

Jchizz

Too bad more people don't read this... I prefer RP fights over PvP in all cases but like all out wars. That would be stupid. I wish LotC would adopt this so we could have 5v5 RP fights.... But that is PvP default. Anyways, I still say adding a Emote Color system will help!

The guide itself is wonderful, albeit you need to work on your wording.

If you wanted to avert debate and argument you would have made sure that the guide stands on neutral ground, yet it stands strongly promoting roleplay fighting. Don't explain why, just explain how.

Personally I feel that no matter how hard you try, battles of this kind of proportion based on a chat system which is viewed by people who can only process so much information at a single time... is a recipe for disaster.

To take it into simpler terms, chat will be spamming with a line of text every so few seconds, with the lines moving upwards it can be straining to keep track of what you're reading. By the time it has moved upwards, you're lagging behind the battle.

Simply put, mechanics-combat should be the way to go, even in battles of three or four, if more than one attacks a single person, that person can have severe difficulty keeping up.

If players are having difficulty simply keeping up with text, there isn't enough time to gauge an accurate response, I think it would be fair to say that this leads to unavoidable metagaming and powergaming, as we are not that efficient. I'm not sure about yourself, but when I engage in text-fighting, I like to sit back and take my time when typing out my emotes, and make sure I'm not doing anything too blaringly terrible. But I believe I've stated my point and I'll close my case before I start repeating myself. :3

Too bad more people don't read this... I prefer RP fights over PvP in all cases but like all out wars. That would be stupid. I wish LotC would adopt this so we could have 5v5 RP fights.... But that is PvP default. Anyways, I still say adding a Emote Color system will help!

/roleplay customcolors

/roleplay emotecolors

We already have that.

One thing I think would help in this case is breaking off the fights into smaller sections so not everyone is one large war zone of emotes, by breaking off emotes of people into small 2-4 man brawls in a 10+ battle groups can self contain emotes to smaller sections so it's something like this

Warriors clash in close range combat, (RP in whisperes)

ARchers and mages use long range combat and use normal emotes/Shouts if they are affecting a large group.

/roleplay customcolors

/roleplay emotecolors

We already have that.

I meant having like a 'non-official official' color system. Like I said before where certain groups I.E. Army One Archers are emotecolor blue, and Army Two Archers are emotecolor green. Something like that that gets semi specific. Then players can realize, okay Blue means arrows, I have to read those. I know the guy I am fighting is a Mage, so his emotes will be Purple, etc. Then it's more skimming for names and colors.

-snip-

The guide isn't meant to say that one side is right or wrong, only to show the logic behind many players who prefer RP fights.

If you think it would help, I can add a section on the logic behind those who would prefer to PvP as well. Like I said, I never intended for this to be an argument in favor of large RP battles, nor did I ever intend for this guide to become yet another page where people could debate which system is better and why. It's just simply there to help players looking to try and learn how to navigate large RP battles. If that's not something a player wants to do, then they don't need to post or comment or anything.

I remember a group of myself, and other villains such as Slic3man and such were in Solace.

We had a massive Rp fight against them and won.

In PVP we wouldn't of won, because they had armor and we didn't.

We won simply because we don't play fair. 

Such as kicking sand, throwing cloaks over their heads, biting; drowning. 

So much went on and it was a blast.

But I doubt that would ever happen again; the last rp fights I have just make me want to emote

*dies.

Because they are just so painful to watch, I prefer PVP.

#PVP

I remember a group of myself, and other villains such as Slic3man and such were in Solace.

We had a massive Rp fight against them and won.

In PVP we wouldn't of won, because they had armor and we didn't.

We won simply because we don't play fair. 

I have been RP fighting too much lately... As soon as I read this a red light went off in my head saying "PGER! PGER! PGER!" :3