[Complete][Artifact Lore]Erythian Stars

Rant:

Every one ounce of excitement I had for the possible approoval of this topic that I made 62 or so days ago is obviously long long gone. I doubt I will be writing any lore for the server ever again considering the ludicrousness/tragicness of the situation. I literally lost any kind of respect I still had for the team because of this and I doubt anything else they do will bring it back. I understant it's a long lore. I do also understant that many, if not all, of you are extremely busy. 62 days for a lore post that has no pointed out mistakes is absurd. And I have been trying to have people find mistakes but apparently I see none. I will stop being a drama queen and instead explain why I see no reason to have this denied.

I will adress the point voidsoldier and lago made last.

1.I took every possible measure to increase the chances of having this accepted. I read simonbane's post, rethink this a gazillion times, have ezekiel provide feedback and general assistant, double/tripple check it for mistakes and grammar and finally post it in its complete form IMMEDIATELY. Not to mention that I took mogroka's advice by heart and write this in an as interesting manner as possible.

2. Towards no point did I believe that this lore will grant me any "powers" or advantage over others in game. It's pretty obvious why. I just wanted to have fun. Something harder than it seems.

3. 62 days so little replies. Why? because I thought this through. What is there more to add or discuss?

4. "OOC consent will be the bane of this lore","it will sit around not doing anything." (not actual quotes but they keep the general meaning.)

Yes. If you have the mindset of "LORE=BADASS ADVANTAGE FOR MY EQUAL BADASS CHARACTER." Like an ma or something absolutelly. If you want so hard to metagame the **** out of everyone, undoubtely yes.

This is not about exctracting information. It is about adding information. You willl not find anything that can be "just" used by such an artifact. And if you can you will be damn lucky.

This is why you mold what you see so that it fits. You add information. If I want to add lore about the adunians, all i have to do is look through the spheres ic.

5. If you do not still believe me and doubt that I can make good use of these, what is the worst thing that will happen? SIT AROUND AND NOT TO DO ANYTHING OR A BAN REPORT WHICH WILL EASILY BE DISREGARDED AS METAGAME AND THEREFORE HE WILL BE BANNED.

other reasons why not? I have no idea. Why is it taking so long? No freakin idea! Indeciseviness, irrational fears or whatever.

Edit: For the record I have lost respect for the lore team. Not Freya. She is not part of the lore team and she actually is the only one quick to respond.

And bluntly responded once but whatever.

You're probably the victim of a flaw in the lore reviewal system. I brought in a system in which lore is reviewed in large batches of ten at a time, which are for some bizarre reason called "Loremags". Through this, every LM looks over every piece of lore. I created it so that the Lore Team actually made progress, and I believe it is a large part of the reason why the Lore Forum is only half a page nowadays rather than three.

However, the system does have a flaw, and that's that it only gets a verdict, it doesn't put that verdict into action. In the vast majority of cases the verdict is very clear and someone will move the thread to the right category. However, when something happens to cause hesitation, the thread doesn't get processed. And if it isn't processed quickly, it's drowned by all the other stuff flowing through the LT's system and forgotten about indefinitely until the author has had enough and whacks the LT with a lead pipe.

The Loremag system has utterly failed for two loreposts out of the 100 or so it has processed. The first time was the Red Imp Parasite, back in April. This was right at the start of the Loremag system. It was a pretty clear verdict against, but I was the one processing all the threads. Because I was in favour of implementing that one I didn't have denial reasons so could not post denial reasons and thus could not post a denial. So I said someone else had to post the denial for that one. For some reason that didn't happen. A new Loremag went up and Red Imp was forgotten until Voidsoldier brought it up. Everyone thought someone else was handling it or was unable to handle it themselves.

Erythian Stars was completely split. Like Red Imp, it was reviewed within a week of it going up, but the Loremag vote was (and this is a very, very rare occurence) completely split, something the system can't cope with. Like Red Imp, after going through the Loremag something got in the way of implementing/denying it (this time a split vote), the system moved on and left it behind.

Given that this has now happened twice, I think the lorepost processing system I designed needs a few updates to prevent it from dropping threads it can't handle into oblivion.

*the absolute facepalm*

1.HIRE ANOTHER LORE MASTER AND THE VOTES WILL NOT BE SPLIT AND MAKE **** SURE THERE IS AN ODD NUMBER OF PEOPLE ON THE TEAM

2.IF YOU CAN NOT FIND REASONS FOR DENYING IT, THEN DON'T DENY IT

REASONS WON'T JUST MAGICALLY APPEAR AND IF YOU ARE THAT ****HESITANT GIVE IT A TESTRUN UNDER SURVEILANCE IF NEED BE

It pains me that the solution is so obvious and no one has thought it

*the absolute facepalm*

1.HIRE ANOTHER LORE MASTER AND THE VOTES WILL NOT BE SPLIT AND MAKE **** SURE THERE IS AN ODD NUMBER OF PEOPLE ON THE TEAM

393154f7dcb1833c926ac62f05d4ca5f.png

Yeah, it's a split vote! Can I ask you to calm down over this? It's being discussed and hopefully accepted tonight. We're just going to talk over how this lore can function ingame and briefing people on how it works (since it essentially relies on people telling you stuff before it happens...)

*the absolute facepalm*

2.IF YOU CAN NOT FIND REASONS FOR DENYING IT, THEN DON'T DENY IT

REASONS WON'T JUST MAGICALLY APPEAR AND IF YOU ARE THAT ****HESITANT GIVE IT A TESTRUN UNDER SURVEILANCE IF NEED BE

Ok, you really need to step back and calm down friend. We obviously made a mistake, and for that we apologize, but raging on the forums over something like this will not help your situation at all, in fact it makes us less willing to work with you and try to sort something out.

With that being said, he did not mean the term "split" literally. We accept/deny lore on a rough split basis, meaning if it's not hugely favoring one side (yes or no), then we discuss it to get LMs to change opinions so that one side will be favored. If a side is higher by a single vote, then obviously something is wrong with the lore that we don't acknowledge simply because a single person more liked it than those that did not, in which case a system like that would be even more flawed than what we have now. We HAVE thought of it, but that is not how our system works so it wouldn't help anything.

On top of this, if we don't have reasons for denying something, we don't deny it. Sometimes it might be hard to put our reasoning into words that are acceptable by the writer of the lore, because at times are reasons might anger the writer, which is why these things take time, but even then there are still reasons. It could be as simple as "This lore is perfect in every way, but it isn't right for this server, as it doesn't fit", and that could be our reasoning for denial. Do you think a writer wants to hear that though? That their lore was denied because we simply didn't like it? Of course not, in fact if I was a writer and someone said that to me I'd likely throw my computer out a window (not literally)! LMs are picked to be on the team not just so that they can judge the solidity of lore, but more importantly to judge what should and should not be on the server so that we can keep a sense of theme, which might be hard to understand for certain aspiring writers.

I'm sorry if you were a victim of our system, but there is no need to act like this on the forums. This is a prime example of immaturity, and regardless of how upset or disappointed you are, this is never the way to go. Next time, merely come to myself (Being the Head of Lore Team) and ask what the problem is, rather than coming to the forums to vent uselessly.

1. I pm you on the forums on a very polite manner 15 days or so ago along with Freya and viper.

2.I see no problem with your reasoning.

3. I apologize for my behavior as I said in the other thread. Lago's post made me flip and release the pent up pressure.

1. I pm you on the forums on a very polite manner 15 days or so ago along with Freya and viper.

2.I see no problem with your reasoning.

3. I apologize for my behavior as I said in the other thread. Lago's post made me flip and release the pent up pressure.

Your behavior is entirely understandable. I am myself unhappy with how this played out, but I assure you a decision will be reached tonight.

This lore is hereby accepted. However, the accuracy of the stars shall vary from case to case, so it should be noted that the GM who would have to provide the screenshot would be at liberty to do it as they please, meaning the screenshots may range from 'very revealing' to 'very unrevealing', and that's if the GM decides to do it at all.

Moved to implemented.