An Invention Gone Wrong

Heff

Event Planners, MC Names: Me (ryanheff74)

Event Type: Battle/Mishap

Event Date: Not Yet Decided Upon, Waiting For Any Suggestions

Factions/Nations effected by the event: Lenfarthing

Event Location: Lenfarthing

Summary: Fumble Willowbottom had been deep in work for over an elven week. Being fed from under a door the 7 year old had had a sprout of imagination and works as if he was 90! He ran into a problem. He didnt know how to assemble his invention. With the help of his father and the other town tinker they assembled the machine! Finally he finished the creation and put a cloak over it. He dragged the cart out into the center of Lenfarthing, the machine towering at 5 feet! As a crowd drew near Fumble tugged as hard as he could on the cloak, and it tumbled off revealing an automaton. The giant robot was pure iron and stone, nailed together and Redstone in a bucket deep in the machine's core. It would be told stories about and sang songs about! Fumble said, "Me mackine ca' scare orcses! I' ca' farm whea's! An' star' bonfias!"

He walks up to the shiny Redstone powered machine. Make a bonfia!" The machine makes whirring and clunking noises and walks up to a nearby tree. It rips the tree out of the ground and drops it in the clearing.

"Ahh!" all the halflings scream as dust is kicked up all over the clearing. As the dust clears the automaton's hand falls of revealing a hole. It shoots a torch at the tree and it bursts into flames! It turns around, it's eyes switching from blue to red and begins firing randomly. It reaches to pick up a halfling and drops it mid-air and punts the little person into the lake. It continues around the vale shooting torches, stomping on burrows, and punting hobbits.

Concept Images/Screenshots

http://www.customtoylab.com/2007/06/06/incendiary-automaton-doktor-a/

Other Information: Ill need someone to make the automaton skin.

Do you need the Event Team's assistance?: Yes

If so, do you require actors and/or builders?: Actor, 1 to rp the automaton.

Edit:

I acquired a skin.

+1 for the event.

Although 5 feet? We have Kubs taller than that. :p

As high as a halfling ladder could reach xD

I'm sorry, but a seven-year-old building a robot that is somehow made of stone and iron nailed together, with redstone at its centre and the ability to understand vocal commands doesn't make much sense to me. I can't really say I support this.

Hmm, I see the point on the age, I will find the other town tinker and have him help Fumble.

Hmm, I see the point on the age, I will find the other town tinker and have him help Fumble.

Cool. I like the concept. Halflings vs. Evil robot seems like it would be fun.

If you dont take the literal aspects into play like a 7 year old building a robot, it could be a really fun event. Its a fantasy server and even though it isn't to realistic does it matter if they have fun at the end? +1

Automatons aren't accepted on the server. They are basically golems made out of iron but they surpass the need for an anvil, a PK to create, a golemancer and a smith.  Furthermore this machine has a program? It seems to be a bit too advanced for LOTC and fits more into the world of steampunk which we are not.

Automatons aren't accepted on the server. They are basically golems made out of iron but they surpass the need for an anvil, a PK to create, a golemancer and a smith.  Furthermore this machine has a program? It seems to be a bit too advanced for LOTC and fits more into the world of steampunk which we are not.

dgq4BTc.jpg

dgq4BTc.jpg

There is a difference between being laxed on lore and creating something that contradicts a bunch of lore. I am not saying it's a bad event because it sounds like a lot of fun. I am saying it has several lore contradictions that LMs need to approve before the event can be accepted.