[In-Progress] The Rise Of The Rampant Growth

xenenxnennxnx

Event Planners, MC Names: Tantaparo, Splitchris, and any Event Team member who would like to help.

Event Type: Battle, Questing, Mystery

Event Date: The event could start whenever it is finished being built and scripted and last until it is finished by the RPers.

Factions/Nations affected by the event: Oren - All races

Event Location: The Forests in Oren.

Summary:

The forests of Oren were quiet as caravan made its way through to drop off a shipment at Abresi. It carted along the road peacefully, but the plants it passed were somehow changed. A magic powder seemed to be drifting off of the caravan and blowing around in the wind. The plants took in the powder, assuming it was being pollinated by an insect. Nothing happened for awhile, but later, they started to see and hear, instead of just feel. Unlatching themselves from the ground, the plants found that they could move. Unsure of what had happened, these natural beings found their way to Abresi, where they noticed the caravan was parked.

Camping outside of Abresi, the plants have decided to band together. Some plants looked like mushrooms, others looked like flowers, and many sights of these plants had been reported. One was filed by Violet, the plant store owner in Abresi. She stated that she had found one of her mushrooms 'moving and chasing her' when she got the shipment. The plant had then run off into forest, where there were even more of them! Deemed as a heretic, people ignored Violet. However, once they experienced the sight for themselves, the people of Abresi spread rumors. One plant apparently touched a man with a branch, which had followed him during his morning schedule.

The people called for a swift removal of these plants, but sadly, no one could ever find them in the forest. Where had they gone? Later that day, one plant ventured into the city itself. It was swiftly murdered by the men of the city, scattering its remains. Its seeds erupted from its head, spawning even more plants. The plants escaped into the forests, where they joined the large group already growing. Fearful and surprised, the people of Abresi alerted everyone in Oren.

What were these plants motives? Who will rid them of Oren? How will someone kill them?

Concept Images/Screenshots: links:

i1CkqPF.jpg

walking-plant-standing-9574890.jpg

360px-Dryad.png

733_max.jpg

InGame Screenshots: http://imgur.com/M5S8pm0,rN0YSYg,gwpOYtV

Other Information: The plants latch themselves into the ground, appearing like regular mushrooms to the common eye. Despite the plants having no real way to attack the people, they are able to reproduce quite easily. Upon death, the tops of their heads are able to release seeds that may grow more plants. The way to combat this is to set them on fire. For example, if they are just cut up, the seeds will release fine.

Height: 2 feet tall.

Weight: 10 lbs.

Weaknesses:

• Fire

• Low Body Mass (Low Strength)

• No actual way to attack

• Easy to spot in a populated area

• Needs to regain energy with sunlight and water

Strengths:

• Can communicate amongst each other

• Blends in with nature

• Nature will protect them

• Easy reproduction

• Often will scare random people

Do you need the Event Team's assistance?: Yes.

If so, do you require actors and/or builders?: I would need some builders, and actors are optional.

THEME MUSIC!

POTENTIAL IDEAS:

• Have the plants take over inactive buildings (as an excuse to get rid of them).           -Hex37
  • Make a quest-line with NPC-like characters. I would be willing to play Violet as one of them.

I am only okay with this if the plants also inadvertantly remove landscarring by making trees, high grass, and destroying abandoned walls and houses.

Erm, well, that's a lie. I'm fine with it either way, but it would be a huge plus if you did!

Yeah, hex has a good idea. This event (which is a pretty nice idea imo) could be also used to replace inactive structures with nature :D Perhaps the plants sometimes root within houses and cause extensive property damage?

I may or may not be a LoL nerd but I can safely say that this really looks like an altered version of Zyra.

Rampant Growth - ability

Zyra, Rise of the Thorns - champion name

Rise of Rampant Growth - event name

Contact us Druids! We love this kind of stuff!

Yeah, hex has a good idea. This event (which is a pretty nice idea imo) could be also used to replace inactive structures with nature :D Perhaps the plants sometimes root within houses and cause extensive property damage?

So, are you saying this could also be an excuse to get rid of inactive buildings? If so, +1.

I may or may not be a LoL nerd but I can safely say that this really looks like an altered version of Zyra.

Rampant Growth - ability

Zyra, Rise of the Thorns - champion name

Rise of Rampant Growth - event name

The Sivir avatar not enough for ya? ;)

But yeah, this seems interesting. Maybe replace the walls of Adunia if you catch my drift... 

The Sivir avatar not enough for ya? ;)

But yeah, this seems interesting. Maybe replace the walls of Adunia if you catch my drift... 

Conspiracy, I say!

this sounds like a great idea and I would love to help! as you did put

If so, do you require actors and/or builders?: I would need some builders, and actors are optional.

:3