[Lotc Official] How To Respond To Rule-Breaking

ski_king3

It's good, but it's a bit surprising that people really need to know what to do in case of people breaking the rules. You would think that would come with common sense, but hey, guides are nice too. 

A lot of people think player reports are the only answer..... which isn't the case at all and really bogs down the system with needless reports that get resolved before they are even looked at.

Good Work, lets hope they take two lessons from this.

What to do if you see rulebreaking

Reinforce what the rules are and mean so they don't get broken in the first place.

You have earned this T-shirt...

(just pay $9.99 USD for shipping and handling <3)

28ujs5h.jpg

Great guide! Keep up dem good guides!

This is a good guide, I enjoyed the reading.

"Villains do not have to prove having a VA, anyone who wants to see it can go look for it themselves on the forums after the RP that is about to happen. Also, if a villain that you've heard of or even witnessed in-game seems to be acting completely different from what you think they should be like, it never hurts to ask politely if that is really how their character would act like in that situation.This has prevented some serious escalations from happening and some players from simply overstepping the boundaries of their VAs. It's only natural to forget something in the heat of the moment."

Would be cool if you could fit that in the Villainy Rule-breaking part somewhere!

This helped me a lot. I was just killed with no rp and when I asked the player why he said 'Because you are an orc" So I learned he is a new player and cut him some slack. Unfortunately he had to leave before I could get my stuff :/

You should add a player harassment section otherwise luv it :D Great job, it's clear that you spent a lot of time on it.

Added, take a gander and tell me what you think.

"Villains do not have to prove having a VA, anyone who wants to see it can go look for it themselves on the forums after the RP that is about to happen. Also, if a villain that you've heard of or even witnessed in-game seems to be acting completely different from what you think they should be like, it never hurts to ask politely if that is really how their character would act like in that situation.This has prevented some serious escalations from happening and some players from simply overstepping the boundaries of their VAs. It's only natural to forget something in the heat of the moment."

Would be cool if you could fit that in the Villainy Rule-breaking part somewhere!

I left a link to your post there. Hopefully that works.

Wow well done ski, you deserve to kill me a few more times for this great guide!