[Shelved][✓] Spectral-Spiritual Connections (Ghost Magic)

Supremacy

Source:

Spectral creatures have long been known for their curious abilities. Indeed, some are known to be able to change appearance, phase through walls, make shrieking sounds, put out torches and even influence the physical world. Others however seem to lack such powers at all. But what precisely dictates the power of a ghost?

Ghosts grow in power the longer they are dead, but that is not the only factor which influences them. Indeed, it is their interactions with the living which dictate their power. Interactions with the living draw spirits away from the spirit realm, where their soul would go in death, and draws them closer to the realm of the living. While this is never enough to revive them and they will always remain in their spectral form, it does cut them off directly from their powers.

Therefore it is only ghosts who do not make casual conversation with mortals and only interact indirectly which have such powerful magic. It is noteworthy for the purposes of this lore that indirect interaction extends not to random acts of benevolence or malevolence so long as continual conversation or interaction is held with specific individuals. It is their mortal behaviours and direct interactions with the living which draw them from their power, not their other actions.

Powers:

Ghost powers vary, indeed it is difficult to pin down precisely what any one ghost is capable of doing. It is therefore powers of a ghost may vary, though they usually extend to what one would expect from a ghost. Some shriek, slam doors, scratch, possess, change form along with a myriad of other possibilities. Such powers are granted within their MA.

Why?

As of now the MAT has been hesitant to grant ghost MAs, as stipulated in the lore Lagomorphia posted when ghosts were publicly released. This lore rewards ghosts who RP as ghostly figures by permitting them to act even more as ghosts and evade or even harm those who wish to purge them IC (Clerics, Lautauman and so on).

Such lore gives explanation for powers and encourages ghost-like behaviour. It also allows for creativity within what each ghost may do, meaning no ghost will draw power from the spirit realm in the same way.

+9k+1

Will keep in mind!

Ghost lore says ghosts can't faze through walls... On the other hand... Ghosts can go invisible now!

Ghost lore says ghosts can't faze through walls... On the other hand... Ghosts can go invisible now!

They could always go invisible You just needed a MA for it :3

They could always go invisible You just needed a MA for it :3

Haunts, the most weakest of ghosts, the ones that didn't know they were dead, could not go invisible... which kind of destroyed their purpose, as someone would just go to them and say "You're dead" and no more haunt.

Haunts, the most weakest of ghosts, the ones that didn't know they were dead, could not go invisible... which kind of destroyed their purpose, as someone would just go to them and say "You're dead" and no more haunt.

Actually, they can see people, but nobody can hear/see them. They go around doing their business as usual and will deny their death in any way unless their is undeniable proof. So saying you're dead would not defeat the purpose.

Actually, they can see people, but nobody can hear/see them. They go around doing their business as usual and will deny their death in any way unless their is undeniable proof. So saying you're dead would not defeat the purpose.

The bolded part was the problem for Haunts, because everyone could see them and hear them.

Well, rp'ly speaking you can't but I'm pretty sure Kralta rp'ed my ghost as a halfling infestation. The voice and sight of a haunt if you really want to rp this way would be distant, you would have a voice fading in and out and the volume would be a soft whisper or distant yelling. You would look mostly invisible, some parts fading in and out of invisibility

Well, rp'ly speaking you can't but I'm pretty sure Kralta rp'ed my ghost as a halfling infestation. The voice and sight of a haunt if you really want to rp this way would be distant, you would have a voice fading in and out and the volume would be a soft whisper or distant yelling. You would look mostly invisible, some parts fading in and out of invisibility

That would be the correct way to rp'ing a haunt, which you couldn't do before this post, because you needed a MA to turn invisible, have the voiceseem distant.

That would be the correct way to rp'ing a haunt, which you couldn't do before this post, because you needed a MA to turn invisible, have the voiceseem distant.

HOL' UP HOL' UP HOL' UP HOL' UP HOL. UP.

Where does it say you can turn invisible without an app, now?

We did we need an am for this I've been rp'ing a poltergeist since the lore was on trial with no am what- I mean right. I knew this all

i can english good.

:I You HAD grammar...and then it just disappeared...

Mmm... Maybe, but I feel invisibility should be able to be used by all ghosts...

How else are they gonna hide, honestly? You're forcing them to, but with this sunlight stuff, they'll need shelter by day. That generally means a crowded establishment. Can't invis? Well, oh ****.

Other than that, looking good Kalenz.