Just to add a little bit of emphasis on Villainous Wit; it's the villains greatest tool and should be used often. The best villains can make you laugh in a serious rp sesh.

~Bovine Groan~

Did you just not moo?

Did you just not moo?

-Bovine Groan-

The point of being a villain is to give your RP partner the FEELING of being a HERO.

Ahem, this ^ ^ ^.

MooMooMoo

Theo, did Drax perhaps, offer you bread while making this guide?

*reads this guide, then looks at his Assassins Creed merch. ...* "Sorry guys, you're not assassins in LotC."

~~~

Wonderful guide, Theosuela! You made key points that are the goal to a good villain.

Interesting guide. It was very mooving. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to work on Derek: The Insane Basement Dweller.

I'll summarize every section quickly for those that are too lazy to read all of it.

If you want to play a villain, lose. Don't win, fail as hard and hilariously as you can.

My most memorable and enjoyable moment was me being robbed, bartering with the thief to keep enough for some food and lodging, having him break the large bills I carried, and coming away with more minas than I started with.....All the while he walked away thinking he "made out good"

P.S. The cow says Moo.....but what does the Fox say?

*reads this guide, then looks at his Assassins Creed merch. ...* "Sorry guys, you're not assassins in LotC."

~~~

Wonderful guide, Theosuela! You made key points that are the goal to a good villain.

reread the entire post, I think you're missing something. ask your moother.

Alright, This is the best ****** post I have ever read, I was thinking of leaving lotc because of the bad (shitty) villain rp on lotc, but this post! its the cure to all silly kids and edgy assassins trying to rp with me, and steal my items

There is just one thing 

Oren Guards + Wondering female High elf = Guards beat and cut off her fingers, and drag her to the city... Why and soon to later throw her into the sea....

Why...?

She did nothing wrong!

Moo

I'm going to be the nay-sayer. 

To be honest, beyond all the fluff of jokes and pop-references, I don't see a lot of substance. What I'm really seeing is 'Play your character as a comedic relief character', 'make an effort to always fill a character arch-type and not deviate', 'Do not play a grey, blue, or orange character, only black and white.' Basically, I feel this pushes a dangerous idea of character types. That is completely the wrong way to look at it all. For example, you bring up guards 'not playing guards' and you call that wrong. In my opinion, you should instead see the character first and foremost. The character exists before the guard. So if the character is not fulfilling the guard role, it is NOT a flaw in their roleplay. What matters is that their character is believable with real, adult concerns, desires, fears, etc. And no, their expectations, knowledge, goals, fears, or anything for that matter doesn't have to make sense to you at all. Even if a character is completely alien to you, it isn't a flaw. Take the character for what the character is, and stop trying to find 'flaws' in a character. In fact, it is flaws that make a character worth while, not virtrues. If someone plays an assassin, do not complain and make an effort to ruin that person's fun. Instead, respond exactly how your character would respond. That is the perfect way to respond to a villain. Then again, just my opinion. I think you're focusing too much on the player and missing the fact that a character is a character.

And, just to note, a special snow flake isn't automatically a sign of a bad roleplayer. Immediately jumping to judge a player on their character flaws however, might be...

As for what advice I would give? Play a character with RP, and cut out the OOC feelings. Though that equally (or more so) goes for victims. Seriously, just both sides, stop whining about 'B-but this doesn't fit my perfect idea of how a character shhouulllddd beeehaavvee' and just roleplay. 

Like, man, come on. Be dramatic, be suspenseful! Running up to someone and yelling 'MINA OR DIE' isn't fun, but throw in ten to twenty times the amount of emotes, and it becomes fun.

As for the poster above. Instead of seeing it as 'Man, this RP didn't go how I wanted, **** RP.' YOu should instead have taken it as. "Man, these guards are really violent and corrupt. That is an IC problem, and I should respond to them as an IC problem!"

EDIT: Like the fifth edit. Now I do think you have some wisdom in this guide, but I feel the guide as a whole is the embodiment of a misconception of what RP should be like that plauges the server. I know that RP can be taken to the extremes, like raiding a settlement is perfectly fine and no one should complain. Doing it ten times a day, however, is excessive and suggests the attacks aren't motivated by RP or characters, but rather players.

EDIT number six lol: I really do support people playing comedic character.