[Playable] The Third Generation Lich

Geo

That is not true at all.  The object that holds the soul is held within a casing of matter referred to as solid life force.  This finite amount of life force placed into the Lich by the Necromancer via the Gold Obelisk DOES begin to run out.  The Third Generation of liches are powered entirely by Life Force, not this indescribable variable called 'magic'.  These liches do not work like the previous generation.

This is not incorrect.

That is not true at all.  The object that holds the soul is held within a casing of matter referred to as solid life force.  This finite amount of life force placed into the Lich by the Necromancer via the Gold Obelisk DOES begin to run out.  The Third Generation of liches are powered entirely by Life Force, not this indescribable variable called 'magic'.  These liches do not work like the previous generation.

This is not incorrect.

So they aren't liches... they are skels with a mind?

Liches do not die with time, that would be the worse type of permakilling anyone can ever agree to.
In the original lich lore, liches had a lifespan (Cataris was expected to be around 200 years). For example, whenever Cataris made a lich in the original private lore "With a great creation came great loss. Cataris lost another twenty years old his lifespan, (exact quote from it)"

Liches are powerful mages, masters and experts, t5 most of the time, as Laurina and Evark and Cataris (before the time or tiers) was.
There was no reason that the liches themselves would have to be extremely strong magic users, while Cataris and Everard were chosen because they were strong magic users, it was so they'd be able to help the undead better, not because it was essential to becoming a lich.

The phylactery holds the soul, not the lifeforce, a lich would have no life force and use magic to move the bones/body that it gets.

The first phylactery ever created was owned by Cataris. A gem or pearl created from pure tainted energy, delivered by the great Deamon Iblees. Energy so concentrated that it was turned into matter, pure matter that held an unbelievable amount of power. According to Brevias’ research, this phylactery as he called it, was capable of keeping a skeletal body/form standing for about two hundred years. It was as solid as a rock, a powerful blow of magic would be needed to destroy such gem. (Quote from the original private lich lore)

In the old lich lore, the Phylactery was made from pure energy, which was used to keep the lich alive, it was then bound with the soul of the lich. We removed the portion concerning the soul of a lich, as it made no proper sense and was not explained properly in the lore itself. We then revamped it to make it compatible with other magic types, the only side effect is the lich itself cannot switch between corpses.

I am really enjoying this. +1

I licked it twice for good luck as well.

Edited by Icelifreakx (Vane)

There was no reason that the liches themselves would have to be extremely strong magic users, while Cataris and Everard were chosen because they were strong magic users, it was so they'd be able to help the undead better, not because it was essential to becoming a lich.

In the old lich lore, the Phylactery was made from pure energy, which was used to keep the lich alive, it was then bound with the soul of the lich. We removed the portion concerning the soul of a lich, as it made no proper sense and was not explained properly in the lore itself. We then revamped it to make it compatible with other magic types, the only side effect is the lich itself cannot switch between corpses.

Actually... Lore from my talks with ttwesten, and cataris, and dsdevil, did say that the new liches had to be powerful magic users, such as Evark and Laurina and Salamandra.

And as you said so yourself, you removed the part about the soul but it did exist, because I also remember very well that the gem holded their soul, and dark magic, but ye, soul was the important part. Without a soul, they would not be what they were before. They actually would be... nothing... They would have nothing that would make them themselves.

[edit] I'll just ask this another way. If they didn't have their souls, what did they have that would make Cataris still... Cataris?

Well done. I've been eagerly awaiting for this to come out and it's great that this lore has finally surfaced. 

Perhaps, if the Wraiths are accepted, then they could do some big things alongside the Liches. 

Perhaps I can explain the second generation of a lich...

The 'soul' gem was essentially pure magic bound to a stone, from a necromancer spreading life force inside of it. As of our own.

Think of a human, if a human was to become a lich in the second generation, they would get a +20 extra life IC years. As all the second generation liches where elves, +20 years added onto that. And since elves are mostly... immortal, that is why they could 'not' die.

Now if we take it to a magical sense, they did have to be a powerful magic user, but not a master to control the skeleton body + with mind + with soul link, tier 4 in the least. With the amplitude of magic, that also came with the deal but it did not say what it amplified, it only amplified the necromancy within the gem itself as with the ability to bind your bones with magic, in turn a cast of 'water, fire, earth, wind, electricity' at an instant anywhere from your body, as with your magic being your eyes.

Although with this lore as I can agree with it, I do still +1, I just still find something missing, although I can not place my finger on it at this current moment.

So much pride.

Job done good I clap for you.

Changes made to the lore after speaking with Geoboy.

MAT references removed.

A lich needs 3 necromancers to be created.

A Lich is not forced to not harm their creators. They have free will and can do whatever they want, it would just be a huge risk to do it.

LMs must be contact before a new lich is created (probably best to do it before someone is PK'ed)