If you are unsure about your post you can contact Moderation. In general, if you risk being unreasonable it is likely you will break a rule.
1. We are an English speaking community and, as such, your posts must be in English and in a legible font.
What fonts are legible?
Fonts that use the latin alphabet. For example, this means you cannot use Z̙̗a̸͉͍̪̦̬̘l͏g̣̭̬̠o̙̘͇ ͠T̫̩̭̖̫̭̝e̢̘xţ̺ , ?︎︎■︎︎︎︎■︎︎⬧︎ (Wingdings), and ɈxǝT bǝɿoɿɿiИ (Mirrored text) or кириллица (cyrrilic).
You may use symbols to express, for example, if your character is deceased. Symbols like ✝ for such purposes are allowed.
Can I use roleplay languages?
Languages such as Elven, Blah, Dwarven, and etcetera are perfectly fine. If you are writing a roleplay post and your characters or other characters have an accent, you may include this in the dialogue.
2. Measured criticism is welcome. Provocation, insults, and personal remarks are punishable.
- Targeted, abusive behaviour is not tolerated.
- Avoid misleading posts. Research your material. The staff may punish misinformation, especially when done intentionally.
- Swearing in roleplay is allowed. Tasteful or humorous swearing is allowed when it is not targeted at people / groups.
- Racial slurs and epithets are bannable.
3. Memes are permitted, however, certain sub-forums may prohibit them.
- The staff will punish ill-intentioned or malicious memes.
- Keep your forum signature reasonable. Use spoilers if necessary.
- Memes must be hidden in a spoiler in roleplay threads.
4. Images/videos must comply with the LotC content policy. Graphic content is not permitted. This includes:
- Unreasonably or disproportionately gory content.
- Pornography and other overtly sexual content.
- Excessively gross content, loud videos and sound bites, and screamers.
1. Do not double post; use the edit button; spamming is prohibited.
What is double posting?
If you are the last person to reply to a thread—and you reply again, that is a double-post. Instead of writing a new post, you can hit the edit button on your previous reply and add it in!
If you posted a topic twice—maybe due to bad internet—that is a double post. In this situation, you should contact a Moderator to resolve the issue.
Can I remove a post I made?
Members with Aether VIP may hide their own posts. However, if you posted by accident you can contact a member of the Forum Team.
2. Follow sub-forum rules.
Where can I find these additional rules?
Check for any pinned topics in a sub-forum before you post—especially in roleplay sections. Below are some links for individual sub-forums.
3. Plagiarism is prohibited.
What counts as plagiarism?
As long as you credit the author, you are safe. If you obtain permission from the author, you may use their work without crediting them.
However, if you neither credit the author nor obtain permission—you violate this rule. Art, literature, builds, and other content are covered under plagiarism.
4. No ‘Backseat Moderating’.
Where can I report rule-breaking on the forums?
You may use the report feature on posts. The Forum Team review reports on a daily basis and appreciates your help. You may also contact a Forum Moderator directly for assistance.
5. Posting on the behalf of a permabanned player is a form of ban evading and is prohibited.
6. Do not advertise or solicit.
What if I’d like to post a video of my friends and I on another server?
If you play a minigame with your friends on a server like Hypixel or Mineplex—posting a video of that is not considered advertising.
Can I post about games outside of Minecraft?
In general, yes. But, if you wish to advertise a game you or a friend made, contact an Administrator.