Greetings Applicant! Welcome to The Lord of the Craft!
Before you can begin playing on our server, you need to Apply.
The following guide is designed to walk you through that process.
Step One, The Forums:
Step Two, Before Applying:
- You must be at least thirteen (13) years old to join LotC. There are no exceptions to this rule.
- Your application must entirely be your own original work. Plagiarism isn’t tolerated.
- You cannot create a noble or royal character, or create a character that is friends with a noble or royal, without the permission of the player whose character’s child, or friend, you will be playing.
- You cannot create a character that possesses magic, knows the details of magic, or is of an otherworldly or supernatural nature.
- You cannot create a physically flawless character, as that would be a form of powergaming.
- You cannot create an omniscient-type character, most knowledge should be learned in-game.
- Elven characters must be at least fifty (50) years old, all other races must be at least eighteen (18) years old.
- You can create an evil character, however, you should keep in mind that villainous characters must adhere to our villainy rules, and poor-quality villainy roleplay could lead to a blacklist.
Step your Application:
- You must have completely read the server rules to be accepted.
- Your Character Name can be anything that fits into the fantasy spectrum. If you cannot come up with something yourself, we recommend using an online fantasy name generator.
- Your Character Race has to be one of the descendant races, as seen on the drop-down list.
- Your Character Gender has to be male or female, as seen on the drop-down list.
- Your Character Age has to be at least eighteen (18), although if you are playing an Elf it is recommended, although not required, that you be at least fifty (50).
- Your Physical Description should be a short summary of your character’s appearance and attire.
- Your Personality Traits/Quirks should be a short summary of your character’s convictions, and other interesting personality aspects, with at least one negative characteristic being required.
- Your Character Backstory should be a summary of your character’s life from birth up until their current age. You are required to reference at least two parts of lore on LotC, and this section has to be at least ten sentences in length.
- Your Character Skin should match the gender, race, and physical description (as best as possible) of your character.
- The Roleplay Scenario question should be kept short and sweet. Answer it to the best of your ability, and don’t be afraid to ask one of the Community Staff for help.
- Generally, try to keep your application free of grammar mistakes and spelling errors. We aren’t looking for perfection, but a well-written application makes the reviewing process much smoother.
Step Four, After Posting:
- Keep checking to see if a Community Team member has picked up your application. You will receive either an Accepted, Pending, or Denied response. Most of the time, apps are placed on Pending, which means you need to make a few changes before you can be accepted. Once you’ve made the requested changes, send the Community Team member who is handling your application a message on the forums.
- While waiting to be reviewed, feel free to log-on the server as a [Soul]. This is the unwhitelisted rank that applicants have, allowing them to fly around and explore the map, as well as chat with members of our community in the [WS] chat channel. Feel free to ask any questions you might have, whether they are about applying, roleplay, or whatever else you want to know about LotC. Our staff and players are always happy to help out new applicants!
Roleplay Scenarios Example:
Imagine you’re roleplaying the character you’ve just created. Read and respond to the following scenario depending on how your character might react. Your response should be one emote, including a line or two of speech, and a line or two of action.
The following is an example answer we’ve created for your consideration:
Example Scenario Question & Answer:
You are walking down the steps of your small abode after hearing the sound of shattering glass in the middle of the night. As you round the corner of the wall at the base of the stairwell, you come face to face with a masked thief, shocked at almost having run into you.
How do you respond?
“Out, out, get out of my house!” Charles barked, with a flustered and angered look. He jutted his arm out, with finger extended, to point at the rear door of his house.