Eversong Nazareth, born on the first day of snow, was fathered by Cilletrin Nazareth and birthed from Bellatrix Mournal, in a small hut by the King’s Road. When no tears fell from her face, her caregivers whisked her away to the high elves, begging them to save their daughter. The only cure they could give was that of a price, but the man and woman would do anything to help the young girl. The High Elves placed their hands on the child, chanting an ancient prayer to the gods above, and as the small girl opened her eyes, the blue faded to gold, and she cried. The father was to give anything to repay their debt to the elves, but they merely left them with three haunting words. “You already have.” Before Eversong could walk, she was able to lift objects and rotate them above her wooden crib, rocking herself to sleep. The mother saw it as a gift, but fear began to rose in the man’s chest. When she was able to stand on her own two feet, the outbursts began – she would wake from dreams screaming and crying, her eyes fading to blue as things larger than her would go flying, and soon enough, it wasn’t just the dreams that turned her. One fallen day, she was simply picking flowers for her mother, when a young friend of hers snuck upon her, letting out a high pitched screech. It was a small joke, but her fear thought otherwise. As she let out a ground shaking scream, her eyes shifted to blue, hands over her ears as the boy disappeared, scattering red droplets over the flowers. She ran home, crying in her mother’s lap as her father barricade the doors. It was that day she was forced to run, leaving behind all she knew, draped in her mother’s traveling cloak to disappear into the forest. For months, she traveled alone, searching for the elves that befell her with this gift – or curse. At last, she found them, hiding in a place past Atlas that no one knew of. When she arrived, she called out for them, trapped in the darkness of night. As hope dwindled from her, she fell fast asleep against the stone steps, unsure of what she would do when morning came. When she woke, she found herself somewhere else – or, on something else. A giant moving island traveled through the sky, great wings seen over the edge as the falcon flew over the endless sea. A sense of calm befell her, and fear was not part of her anymore. As she stood, her now blue eyes scanning over the trees and clear pond that sat in the middle of the grassy cove. There stood four elves, draped in white robes. Each had a different hair color, only one of them possessing the golden-hazel eyes she had. As s he approached them, she questioned why they saved her life, and did so with a curse. Their only explanation was that in a past life, she had been a Frost Witch. Due to this, her soul had been tainted, and each time she had been reborn, it had always ended with her becoming a Frost Witch once more, destroying her soul. In hopes that they could stop this endless cycle, they split her astral body apart with a fear spell. Her psychic abilities were not caused by this, as it was a simply part of her. When their conversation ended, she woke up at Atlas’s border, setting out once more for a purpose – to perhaps rekindle herself and grow in her magical abilities, learning to control her emotions and gain back her faith.
Greetings Applicant! Welcome to The Lord of the Craft!
Before you can begin playing on our server, you need to Apply.
The following guide is designed to walk you through that process.
Step One, The Forums:
Step Two, Before Applying:
- You must be at least thirteen (13) years old to join LotC. There are no exceptions to this rule.
- Your application must entirely be your own original work. Plagiarism isn’t tolerated.
- You cannot create a noble or royal character, or create a character that is friends with a noble or royal, without the permission of the player whose character’s child, or friend, you will be playing.
- You cannot create a character that possesses magic, knows the details of magic, or is of an otherworldly or supernatural nature.
- You cannot create a physically flawless character, as that would be a form of powergaming.
- You cannot create an omniscient-type character, most knowledge should be learned in-game.
- Elven characters must be at least fifty (50) years old, all other races must be at least eighteen (18) years old.
- You can create an evil character, however, you should keep in mind that villainous characters must adhere to our villainy rules, and poor-quality villainy roleplay could lead to a blacklist.
Step your Application:
- You must have completely read the server rules to be accepted.
- Your Character Name can be anything that fits into the fantasy spectrum. If you cannot come up with something yourself, we recommend using an online fantasy name generator.
- Your Character Race has to be one of the descendant races, as seen on the drop-down list.
- Your Character Gender has to be male or female, as seen on the drop-down list.
- Your Character Age has to be at least eighteen (18), although if you are playing an Elf it is recommended, although not required, that you be at least fifty (50).
- Your Physical Description should be a short summary of your character’s appearance and attire.
- Your Personality Traits/Quirks should be a short summary of your character’s convictions, and other interesting personality aspects, with at least one negative characteristic being required.
- Your Character Backstory should be a summary of your character’s life from birth up until their current age. You are required to reference at least two parts of lore on LotC, and this section has to be at least ten sentences in length.
- Your Character Skin should match the gender, race, and physical description (as best as possible) of your character.
- The Roleplay Scenario question should be kept short and sweet. Answer it to the best of your ability, and don’t be afraid to ask one of the Community Staff for help.
- Generally, try to keep your application free of grammar mistakes and spelling errors. We aren’t looking for perfection, but a well-written application makes the reviewing process much smoother.
Step Four, After Posting:
- Keep checking to see if a Community Team member has picked up your application. You will receive either an Accepted, Pending, or Denied response. Most of the time, apps are placed on Pending, which means you need to make a few changes before you can be accepted. Once you’ve made the requested changes, send the Community Team member who is handling your application a message on the forums.
- While waiting to be reviewed, feel free to log-on the server as a [Soul]. This is the unwhitelisted rank that applicants have, allowing them to fly around and explore the map, as well as chat with members of our community in the [WS] chat channel. Feel free to ask any questions you might have, whether they are about applying, roleplay, or whatever else you want to know about LotC. Our staff and players are always happy to help out new applicants!
Roleplay Scenarios Example:
Imagine you’re roleplaying the character you’ve just created. Read and respond to the following scenario depending on how your character might react. Your response should be one emote, including a line or two of speech, and a line or two of action.
The following is an example answer we’ve created for your consideration:
Example Scenario Question & Answer:
You are walking down the steps of your small abode after hearing the sound of shattering glass in the middle of the night. As you round the corner of the wall at the base of the stairwell, you come face to face with a masked thief, shocked at almost having run into you.
How do you respond?
“Out, out, get out of my house!” Charles barked, with a flustered and angered look. He jutted his arm out, with finger extended, to point at the rear door of his house.