Black Cloaks

Helvetius

-Black Cloaks-

We are as black as night, yet bright as day!

Who are they? What do they do?

We are the Black Cloaks. This does not mean we are evil. We work to create a land of peace. We work to stop conflict and seek resolution. We will put ourselves in the middle of harm's way if we have to to stop it. The Black Cloaks will not back down to threats. Even if it means giving up our life. Our ultimate goal is to create peace across Asulon and stop all meaningless conflicts.

Who do the Black Cloaks want?

We want people who can negotiate and solve issues under pressure. However, this will not get us far alone. We also need strong, brave men who go all out in everything they do. Why? Well there will be thousands who will try to destroy us because we will be getting in the way of their greedy, corrupt, or plain hurtful plans that will cause death or suffering.

When will we fight?

We will fight only if we are attacked. With most situations, we try to avoid any unnecessary violence. However, if the situation is extremely bad like if they are going to try to kill all of us or siege a city, we will help the city fight them or fight the people trying to kill us. If people are killing or causing a ton of suffering with an unjust cause, we will defend the people against them and try to get the criminal(s) arrested. If a King or Noble and their armies are causing trouble, we will fight their armies to defend the people.

What do the Black Cloaks love?

The Black Cloaks love many things. One of the main things we love to do, is Roleplay. We will try to create a massive amount of it everywhere we go. However, not only do we love roleplaying, we love creating amazing architecture. Fighting is not really our thing but we still train in it to defend ourselves and others.

Black as night, yet bright as day

The Black Cloaks keep their identities and whereabouts a secret but when they are there, they are like the sun itself. They rush into the situation like heros, break it up, solve it, and disappear back into the shadows of night. We do not say our names after we are done, but we can say that we are the Black Cloaks. Also, we will never say where we will be to anyone or where we will be going too.

Lore

Part One: The Coward

A man started it all. A man who wanted to stay away from every conflict. He traveled across the lands witnessing greedy and corrupt hands slaying many. However, he hid from them. This man saw many fights and many bloody situations, however he ignored them. Indeed, he was a coward. A coward that hid in the shadows and refused to step out. However, he changed when he saw a beautiful woman in the streets heading down an alley. He peeked into that alley to see where the lady was going and saw a horrid sight. This lady was suddenly attacked by a thug!

Part Two: Change

The lady fought with all of her might, but could not escape the thug. The man could not stand the sight of the lady being attacked and for the first time in his life, he stepped out of the shadows. He demanded that the thug let her go and that he had no rights to do such a thing. The thug, of course, let go and his vicious insane eyes landed upon the brave little fellow who had stepped out of the shadows for the first time in his life.

The thug slowly approached the man with the intent to injure or even kill. It was as clear as day in the thug's eyes. The man tried to reason with him as he approached, but the thug ignored him. Thus the thug grabbed hold of the man, and the fight began. The coward managed to turn into a hero. He beat up the thug and the lady who stood there watching, stunned, thanked him. When the lady asked for his name, the man did not say for he did not want his name to be known. When the lady asked for where he would go, the man said he shall not be followed or have a tag put on him that would say where he is going. When the lady asked what he would do now, the answer that would mark the beginning of the Black Cloaks came.

"I will create peace and happiness. Let no more violence come to these lands!", the man said in a strong voice.

Ranks

Black Judges - These men are the blackest and brightest of the Black Cloaks. They are the master swordsmen and peacekeepers. These people are the best at finding the best solution to a problem if any. They also lead the Black Cloaks.

Black Cloaks - Men who have proven that they are black as night, yet bright as day. They are good swordsmen and fine peacekeepers. They can usually solve problems or situations without having to resort to violence.

Siblings - These young men have yet to prove that they can be black as night, yet bright as day. They learn to how to wield the sword and how to deal with problems. They are not yet swordsmen or peacekeepers.

Cloaks

Shadow Cloak - This kind of man works behind the scenes. He keeps everything inside of the Black Cloaks ticking. He does a range of things like trading, maintaining our guild, building, mining, farming, getting information on criminals, and more. If you decide that you want to become a Shadow Cloak, then that means you will not be be trained as much in swords or peacekeeping.

Red Cloak - This man focuses on honing his skills for combat. He is the blade of justice for the Black Cloaks. If a fight against the Black Cloaks starts or there is a war against us, he will be there to slay the evil.

White Cloak - A man who focuses on RP and solving situations through talk and negotiation. He is extremely good at finding a peaceful solution, and a fine swordsman in-case things get rough.

The Code

Never
, resort to violence unless attacked first or if your defending innocent persons.

Never
, steal from or disrespect anyone inside or outside the Black Cloaks. We are peacekeepers.

Never
, provoke anyone to use violence.

Do not
, reveal your name, whereabouts, or where you will be going to civilians.

Breaking any of the code
, will result in you being kicked out of the Black Cloaks immediately.

Application to Join

-A piece of paper is pinned on a wall in every city with a title "Black Cloaks! Defend the innocent and fight for justice!"-

(OOC Questions or bits are in ())

1. (MC Name):

2. (Character Name):

3. Are you in any other guilds? If so, name them.

4. What Cloak do you wish to be?

5. Why do you want to join the Black Cloaks?

6. Do you understand and will you follow the code?

7. Biography (If you chose the White Cloak, then 5 paragraphs minimal with character looks & traits. If you chose any of the others, then a Short Biography 2 - 5 Paragraphs):

8. Make a made up RP situation with another Character. Use your imagination:

9. (What country do you live in?)

((Thank you.))

((Even though I double checked my spelling, punctuation, and all of that, I'm still finding tons of errors in my writing. I fixed most of it now I think.))

((Thank god, now we finnaly got a guild, which is not generic, and which actually got some good lore, which looks like it will be expanded upon.

I wish you good luck and hope this guild will be established properly in Auslon, and grow into a force to be respected))

((Thank you a ton for your kind words! Yes, the lore is going to be expanded as time passes and I get more ideas.))

((Please don't apply anyone yet. I just did some more reading and I realized that I need to make this a villain app required guild. Simply because Murder Type A is killing when you are threatened or provoked. This also includes assassinations. People will probably try to kill us so when we fight them, we will have to kill them. They may even begin torching people right in front of our eyes and that would provoke us to kill them. Apply only if you already have a Villain application accepted with Type A murder.))

(( Please don't double post! Use the handy edit feature instead! ))

((sorry, lore is original, but badly written, other than that, Grimherst will definitely apply! Well done!))

((I could re-write it, I consider myself a competent writer))

((That would be extremely helpful.

Right now I'm trying to confirm with Dalek348 if we will definitely need Villain Apps Required because if people attack us trying to kill us but we kill them instead, I am not really sure there. Nor am I sure in the area of if we see someone being torchered or hurt right in front of our eyes, we kill the man torchering them without VA. Same If we see people out on the streets killing or attacking innocents.

((All right, I'll write you a lore and pm it to you ASAP.))

This current Guild has been deemed inactive and has hereby been moved.

If you wish to appeal this decision you must present evidence to myself proving the guild is still active.