Petyr: Love

Crevel

Spoiler

CONTENT WARNING: IMPLIED GRAPHIC DEATH

“All love comes from God. Without God’s love, we would not know how to love. Love your family as God loves us. Love your wife as God loves us. Love God as God loves us. Without love in our hearts, we cannot hope to be virtuous. It is important we recognise that.”

Venerable Anders Cardinal Jorenus, 390 E.S.

Dawdling towards Karosgrad’s sturdy eastern gate, Petyr turns his head to a young woman about his age. “Petyr, why do you look at me like this?” she smiles before peering down at her own feet as they walk. He hums before smiling as well, “You do look good.” he pauses speaking for a moment until she looks back at him before reaffirming, “Beautiful.” her face blushes pink, hiding some of the light freckling on her cheeks. “If you’d like, I can take you home.” he offers her, hoping to have some extra time to spend with her. Still blushing, she hums for a moment before nodding.

yj7dPH45QWHKm7xSkbFKaQuWPf1OQvLTt6SnyNMnB9_VGD5YvLrjt5IlkrJ5JBAkjqgS67EFHbfbNlUVnBQIVyLkCu7NFhGUMnKgmbzRhEjmZuj1cDKDjPHVxkJe6dlzf5unQAZpqdO_qZcfPvVBU7Ac6oYgxsH8e5f7VGggzzwEWYSXyr-mp-h-gw

As the two follow the path, the young woman tells a story about her village and her family. They share stories of what they have in common, making jokes at each other’s expenses before joining together in laughter. Petyr stops, holding her on the shoulder before pointing up towards the steep hill on their left. Atop lay a purple wildflower, he puffs out his chest a little before he speaks, “Stay here, I am going to get it for you.” He goes towards the hill, grabbing onto a thick root exposed near a rock to pull himself up. Petyr ventures further up, a distant sound of galloping drawing nearer. Picking the flower, he turns around to look down the hill before waving it in the air to show that he got it as the young woman cheers for him. 

Distracted, the distant galloping soon became heavy hooves but it was already too late. The horse, ridden by a hooded figure, turned a curve that galloped directly into the woman, pushing her back before tumbling over onto its side a few metres ahead, trapping the figure’s leg against the floor. Petyr, seeing her still moving, slides down the hill, letting go of the flower. Just before he could reach the bottom, a guard chasing after the first horse with his own horse tramples over the young woman a second time. “Juliya!” Petyr lets out a voice-cracking scream as he hovers over her unmoving body. 

“Juliya!”

nR5cgC2S7n_VHDNt5AYDTz3e48UJ5A2V_PObglVTt2gylveMc6h8PZ1UW18-VXiuyXMYz_u9aio389rPV_26Bt3l8OpRjJpsW4XMO-mp0xdftCvymeKNFDvg3uLutmnh5Xx1WXGrZv9m_J9i97IuVP3p1Xk34FVq8boTS-VxcSyliqW5SIhWDw4H0A

Spoiler

This post is the second in the series regarding my new persona, Petyr, and his backstory. This post is a bit deeper than the others will be, and the main reasoning for this is to use the senseless death as a plot device for Petyr to realise how harsh the world can really be. However, I do think that in general not too many people on LotC touch on how gritty life would be in LotC's setting. Tragic deaths and mistakes like this would be frequent but nobody is there to tell their stories. As stated in the first post, these posts are intended to be short so that they are easily readable by anyone who is interested. All art used in these posts are generated and sourced from a AI-generation website by the name of mage.space, and used for the purpose of storytelling.

First Post: 

Second Post: You are already reading it!

Third Post:

Fourth Post: