[Introduction] Cultures Forum

chaotikal

Welcome to the

CULTURES

Forum

What is this forum?

From the fabled Adunians to the more recent Waldenians, Cultures are at the heart of LoTC, defining some basic patterns of behaviour, and defines some of the core values of civilizations within this world. It’s beautiful when a culture shows through, because it adds that much depth to roleplay as any well developed character is. Culture is also, logically, the basis for characters and their interactions within the world and between themselves. Thus this forum is borne of the ambition to recollect and orderly display the deep and intricate cultures, and also groom players, rooting them and urging them to create even more cultures for this forum, which was created not so long ago, even if cultures within the server have existed since it’s conception.

How do I join a culture here?

Usually, a culture will be adhered to a nation, like the Waldenians, for example, but some are departed from any nation, tied down only to the characters that make it up, therefore you can usually join any of the cultures listed below by simply joining by your own will, or shooting a PM to the creator of the thread, the latter usually proving more respectful as they can either help you join their group, or at least advise you in the creation of a character under the culture. In the nation-tied cultures, the same stands, shooting a PM to the original poster of the thread usually proves the quickest and best way to join a culture.

How do I make a culture?

A culture should be comprised of categories which describe behaviours, festivities, language, history, and so much more; from architecture to clothing, the choice of what you display in the thread is truly yours. Settling your culture within the history of LoTC is the best way of making a legitimate and valid culture, that will be accepted in the eyes of the rest of the server, as making random cultures that spring out of nowhere might get you some side looks.

You can follow this template too, loosely based from one of my earlier cultures, the Andael

Name of Culture: (What is it named?)

Introduction to the Culture: (Summarise what the culture is about! What your goals are with it, just give us a short TL;DR!)

History: (Where was it born?, How did it develop across the maps? How is it still alive today?)

Language: (Do they speak a language? If so, make a few phrases they’d say, or link an entire dictionary of words if you made it!)

Common Traits: (Do they have a specific ethnicity? Share some of the key points that separate them from the rest of the descendants!)

Society: (Explain what their societal hierarchy is like!, do they have nobles? How are they usually lead? Are they matriarchal? Patriarchal? Explain away.)

Behaviour: (How do they behave day-to-day?, Maybe put in how they interact with other cultures in this very forum, or how are they different from other cultures?)

Festivities: (Do they have any specific festivities? If so, explain them here.)

Clothing: (Do they have specific clothing customs?)

Architecture: (Do they build in a specific unique way?)

Religion: (Do they worship a specific god? Explain what the cult of this god is like.)

Military: (Do they have a specific unique military? Describe it here.)

I hope you’ve enjoyed this brief introduction to the Cultures Forum, and are ready to hop in and read through the users submissions, which are all greatly appreciated!

As a closing note.

What should be posted here?

Cultures

What shouldn’t be posted here?

Anything that’s not a layout of the culture, all threads pertaining to actual roleplay should belong to, you guessed it, the roleplay forum in general.

What about existing cultures? Could someone write about Adunians and put it in here?

Just now, Amordrin ? said:

What about existing cultures? Could someone write about Adunians and put it in here?

They'd probably have to check with the current OP of Adunian culture, unless they weren't around, or had left LOTC, at that point I'd assume the culture would become open for editing once more, if noone would step up to take it once more. If someone writes an addendum to Adunians it, in my opinion, should be added to the Original Thread, or in a new thread with the new information and the old information added.

5 minutes ago, Chaotikal said:

They'd probably have to check with the current OP of Adunian culture, unless they weren't around, or had left LOTC, at that point I'd assume the culture would become open for editing once more, if noone would step up to take it once more. If someone writes an addendum to Adunians it, in my opinion, should be added to the Original Thread, or in a new thread with the new information and the old information added.

literally

https://wikia.lordofthecraft.net/index.php?title=Main_Page

search adunians

and stfu everybody