His Final Fall

Lukariatias

Spoiler

A corridor of sunlight illumined the path along which he walked, cut short on its ends by two great and imposing cliffsides forging the ever inclosing sides of the valley. His movement ceased at the sight of a passing breeze sending waves of discolouration across the grass beneath his boots, prompting a longing smile. As he held still there his mind became awash with a crescendo of sound, focusing no longer on the past that sought to plague what remained of his incorporeal being.

“Where did it all go?” He questioned, speaking in a subtle and self-reflective tone, though from his form no sound emerged but that which he alone heard. In one sudden movement he resumed his slow advance along the path that was faded and overtaken by flora of all forms, yet young and undisruptive of his agile walk. As he moved his sight remained low and to the ground, disinterested in that which he recognized by tone alone surrounding him, in the trees and greenery that lined the walls of the valley, hugging tight the ancient stone.

“Did you do all you could?” One asked, speaking from high horse in passing, rounding his right without warning, prompting a rather surprised stumble. As senses speedily returned, his head lifted soon enough to witness the rider disappearing into the distant and darkened woodlands that finally overtook the path, the walls of the valley coming to a close.

“They still rejected me. Will they reject me now?” He asked, without a care in the world, yet the words came from deep within his consciousness, sired not of some emotional reaction to the passersby, nor the amalgamation of chaotic forces that ever pulled at the threads of his soul. And then without any further hesitation, he too advanced into the cascading darkness of the enclosed woods, descending into the tyrannical damnation of Aerial’s Ebreitaes.

“Arwyndaar is dead, yet I don’t rest.” A whisper left at the gates of hell, an eternal warning for all who would desire peace, knowing it is not found here.