A Frog's Thoughts

briarthorn

Spoiler

Briar had heard the news of Tahlia’s death.

Another one.

gone.

so many were gone.

people she had grown to know in her youth had left. her family had left. her love had left. she knew she shouldn’t have gotten attached and yet- she did. She couldn’t help it of course, no one ever can. She made connections with these people, friendships- familial bonds. Those are things not easily forgotten, no matter how hard she had tried to erase them from her mind.

she couldn’t comprehend how it had all come to this. she can’t remember who was first to leave, she can’t even remember why they had left. It blurred in her mind, a tornado of goodbyes, of banishments, of arguments and death-

it was cyclical- a balance. she knew that. it was what she lived by. Things would die and leave, it was only natural of course.

but why did it have to hurt so much? if things were going to die anyway, why is it we get so attached to them?

she loved her new family within Elvenesse, her brothers and sisters, children she considered her own. They filled her with joy beyond measure, gave her a purpose she hadn’t felt in years. Yet the ghosts of those who had left haunted her. Made the pit of her stomach feel hollow despite the immense mirth she felt.

The frog had been combative for so long. Had fought for what she believed was right, and still believed was right. But she knew in this moment, she had to retire this new side of her. She had a lot of thinking to do.

remembering the woods the ‘ame journeyed off. she had always loved the woods.

Spoiler

hello! This is just a little post I came up with, because it's a bit hard to get online with school. I'll be on as other characters, but I'm gonna take a little break from Briar.

Edited by briarthorn