The Bounty Has Rotted

Evanuri

0vTtOex.png

[!] A depiction of the voidal fallout, of the twi-lit landscape, ravaged by the scars of Ando Alur. It stands a twisted version of what was, drawn intentionally as beautiful in its own wrongness. A portmanteau of themes, among what is depicted and what transpired.

When the earth cried for an answer from choking walls and gluttonous expansion, this is not what she pleaded for. Never before has grass felt unfamiliar to my soles, the whispers of the wind itself a stranger to ears who have heard it for four centuries. Great cacophonous voices, one singing their delight now deliver only choking, silent, and dead peace. Once a Buzzard delighted in the scraps of ruination, but never had a bounty been so spoiled and festered of rot, un-salvageable even to carrion.

Now in the wake of this destruction, rivers and oceans have fled from the home of my trust. Once the wellsprings of life, now they house unimaginable horror lurking beneath the surface. Scions of utter wrongness, heralded from the Nothingness. They are beasts, purposeless in carnage, writhing in pits of acidic ichor once known to hold the key to life itself.

Oftentimes we speak of the give and take of the cycle, of life end death, but even in the chaotic peace of the natural world, sometimes there is more take than give. The Void is a beast that only knows to take, consume into its nothingness, and spit corruption in turn. Our earth has fire, it has stones, water, air. Why must we curse the elements themselves with conjuring?  Why do we seek to create that which the world provides?

Days in wandering, unknowing if succor or suffering was closer at hand. When life I found again, it was as if air entered my lungs for the first time since my entrance into that scarred land. A breath held, though I knew not I was holding it as chaos returned to my ears and dead peace had fallen to the background.

Through my time in the wastes, I prayed not for my survival. But for the salvation of my world.

[OOC] important:

Spoiler

RQifAnl.png