Returning to LotC & A New Persona Introduction

MintyBirds

~ Hello, everyone! ~

I don't think anyone here would recognize me, but my name is Beth, and I'm hoping to return roleplaying on Lord of the Craft! Last I was active, I was a human baker just outside the city walls of Oren back in Asulon around 2013/2014. I stopped being active around when Asulon was abandoned. I've tried at various points since then to get back into LotC, but usually I tend to get bored wandering through lonely cities with no sense of direction. I would just go to whatever city hub there was, try to find someone, and try to RP with them. A bit dumb on my part, but I didn't really have much of a clue at the time. So I guess this post is me asking for more direction in addition to being an introduction to me and my character! SO without further ado, let me introduce you to:

~*~+~*~+~*~+~*~<  >~*~+~*~+~*~+~*~

Sonya Petrovna Starkova

• Race: Human (Highlander)
  • Height: 6'2"
  • Weight: 165lbs

The first impression of Sonya Starkova to most individuals can be summed up in three words: "tall and intimidating." Wearing the practical clothing of an aspiring businesswoman, she evokes an air of confidence even with her middling means.

Sonya's father was an excellent businessman and negotiator, eventually conniving his way into buying the parcel of land in the Attenlund that she was born upon. Her mother was herself the daughter of a minor noble's third son, enchanted by the father's silver tongue. Her mother, being raised in minor nobility but having partially regretted her decision to marry a lowborn man, elected to educate Sonya in the ways of etiquette in hopes of  gaining prospects later in life, however, with her height, and not being any particular kind of attractive, Sonya from a fairly early age knew she was not destined to be the wife of any nobility. Nor did she particularly want to, for that matter. While Sonya felt comfortable enough with her mother's lessons, she always felt more attuned to the mercantile trips that her father would take her on in her adolescence. The Starkovs eventually found that their daughter was gifted in the field of arithmetic in particular, which her father did his best to nourish. Eventually, Sonya took over the family's finances, and through a few key loans to a nearby merchant, the Starkovs had come unto a comfortable enough lifestyle to afford some luxury, namely Sonya's favorites: strong tea and the occasional dry red wine.

However, this lifestyle could not last forever, as behind her back, her father had been gambling away the Starkovs' money little by little in his old age, leading up to him taking a few seedy loans that he could not possibly pay off. The small fortune that Sonya had amassed and the land that her father had worked so far to obtain in the first place was taken in one fell swoop, and the family was left destitute. Her mother went to spend the rest of her days with Sonya's aunt, and Sonya had abandoned her father out of anger soon after their destitution. His condition is unknown to Sonya, but due to his old age and lack of direction, she assumes him to be dead. A year after her impoverishment, she now roams Almaris in search of opportunity to restore her former wealth.

This is my first time creating a character for MC roleplay in a while, and I am also writing this while listening to a musical at 3AM, so please let me know if nothing makes sense or it's just bad. I won't take it personally, I promise <3

welcome back! if you're ever looking for some RP I'm always down for an interaction :) my discord is un-w#9099

Welcome back : )

I love the sound of Sonya. Welcome back!