An Interlude From The One Who Molders

Akrassia

He returns to his room with a look of melancholy on his face. A dim light illuminates the small expanse from a candle that burns on a stone shelf carved into the caves wall. Various jars spread about, filled with various herbs and liquids. His metal hand reaches for a few of those containers, popping the corks as he prepares to tend to a minor wound. His left unlike the other, flesh and blood- would be covered in crimson ichor. He winces as he pours some unused alcohol on the busted knuckles, quickly applying some salves to halt the bleeding and to ease the pain. Soon heading to exit the room with a roll of cloth, he turns his back on his sanctuary once more.

As he reaches the balcony of his families home, he wraps his hand with the bandages and expels a huff of frustration. The dark eyed 'ker leans against the railing and looks over the training grounds. Reflecting. He shifts to sit against the wall to face the ocean. The autumnal breeze elicits a shiver from his form even beneath a thick cloak he wore. The air was silent for once, his home quiet for once in a long time it felt. His gaze drifts about trying to focus on something, anything.

Eventually a crow perches upon the railing before him, staring the Arvellon down. "What do you want?" He says with frustration, a hint of venom in his tone. The crow tilts his head, curious of the mans words. He waves his hands to shoo the avian away- but it remains steadfast. A puff of air emits from his mouth behind gritted teeth. "Who are you to judge- to look at me like that." The man long given up on scaring the bird away only gazes back into its black eyes with his own. His fingers anxiously tap the wooden floor below him as he keeps his sights on the crow. Those hands soon pressed to his eyes with strain and a grunt of vexation. The bird caws at him, beckoning him to face it once more. "Just- please go away, leave me be, let me enjoy the nights air for fucks sake." Removed hands reveal the inked veins under his eyes to have shifted, brows furrowed and directed at the crow, he stands.

As he approaches the crow it only makes to keep moving on the railing, unthreatened by the mans antics. It stares a hole through him all the while, through his own stone cold gaze, past the ink that covers his original light grey iris. "I'm fine. I'm moving forward- I'm not as helpless as you think alright?!" he scowls at the bird. It caws again, spreading its wings a moment in exaggeration until they fall by its side again. The birds defiance only makes the 'ker question his sanity more in that moment. "Fine- I know I've let down a lot of people. I know I've fucked up. I know I've created rifts in my life that can never be mended fully. What do you want me to do about it!? I'm trying.." . His angered voice lowers as his eyes pinch shut, those veins only creeping further down his face as his emotions begin to flood his psyche. The bird however, stands still cocking its head at him as if he had just insulted him. "Why am I like this.. Why do I insist on ignoring the fires that burn in my life until they surround me?" he keeps his eyes covered in attempt to hide from himself. Slowly retreating back to that wall, he puts his back to it and lets gravity help him back to the ground. A muted sob follows as he keeps his head buried in his arms.

After a moment passes he looks back up at the bird, which has long left him to fend against his own mind. The mans eyes red, he wipes it a final time before simply just staring outwards towards the slowly setting moon. Its silver reflection bouncing off the waves of the water. His form slouching against the wall in an effort to fix his posture, an effort to regain himself. 

Spoiler

This was just a small little reflection piece I wanted to write for my character. Enjoy the ramblings of a madman who got bullied by a passing bird.