✦ 𝐀 𝐁𝐚𝐝 πƒπ«πžπšπ¦ | Pt. 1

TreeSmoothie

✦ Part 1 of ??

dfk4a20-7d28acb0-e196-47e5-af72-df66e528

Red_Sun_of_Nigeria.png

I. AdolescenceΒ 

1749, Imperial Time

Red_Sun_of_Nigeria.pngA young girl, clad in lavish frocks and shining jewels, hopped and skipped down a street in Oren to greet her parents at the door. Food lined the table, servants bustled about.Β 

β€œWe bought the whole street!” her father cackled, gently ruffling her hair. She really hadn’t paid attention to the folk she’d seen moving out of the manors beside them . . . poor folk.Β 

β€œAi. There’s just one other family - they own the other half. They have a son, your age, you know . . . Lloyd.”

Β 

Red_Sun_of_Nigeria.pngViktoriya blinked and warily shuffled upstairs, crossing her arms. She closed her eyes, and suddenly, when she opened them again, she was overseeing a livery meeting, with some odd Pertinaxi Prince monologuing to her too close. Lloyd was only a memory, now, except for when he showed up outside of her home with a crossbow in-hand. A jealous one, he was! She was sixteen, now.Β 

Β 

Red_Sun_of_Nigeria.pngβ€œLady Viktoriya! You … and I. We’d make a powerful couple, don’t you think?” the man quipped, grinning down at her. He already had little gray hairs peeking from behind his ears, and the woman grimaced and shuffled away. Yet every time, he’d follow, speaking about this and that - until another man stooped down and waved her off into one of the Livery offices, the Lord Mayor.

Β 

Red_Sun_of_Nigeria.pngβ€œI saw that man was bothering you! We can have him removed, if you’d like. We try to hold these meetings in . . . relative peace,” the man chortled. The girl bobbed her head, already reaching for her pouch of mina. β€œOh. Uh, no . . . bribe needed. I don’t like him, anywho! Ha, ha. Name’s Philip Pruvia de Cantal.”

Β 

Red_Sun_of_Nigeria.pngAn aggressive knock sounded at the door, that Prince's voice resounding from outside. β€œLady! Lady! I need to speak with you.” She cast a nervous glance at Philip, and he cast one back, before opening the door. β€œWhat business have you with my wife?”
red-line-png-0.png

dfjl4uf-2decaeef-e92a-4a03-a611-064c220a

Red_Sun_of_Nigeria.png

Red_Sun_of_Nigeria.pngIt didn’t take much more than that to have the man sent off.Β 

Viktoriya snickered, poising a brow as she sipped from a teacup in the palace. A marble bust of Peter III stared down at them, ever stoic and mighty. β€œThat was a bold move. He believed it!”

Β 

Red_Sun_of_Nigeria.pngβ€œAi. But, you know, if you’re looking . . .”

He was silenced by her frown, but continued a moment later.

β€œIf you’d like, think of it as a political marriage. Elevation in society, protection. Any problem you have, it’s gone!”

Β 

Red_Sun_of_Nigeria.pngThe girl uncomfortably shifted, her gaze pinned on the lukewarm tea in her cup. After a long while, she nodded. ”If … you can prove that, sure. There’s this guy - I . . .”

β€œI don’t really know him,” she lied. β€œHis name’s Lloyd. Just get him to stop bothering me, please - and I’ll believe you.”

β€œConsider it done,” Philip hummed.Β 

Β 

Red_Sun_of_Nigeria.pngCertainly, this single decision would impact her forever, for when she woke and exited her manor, the body of her once-lover, Lloyd, was splayed not far outside covered in dirt, grime, and blood. Even then, he still moved. It was a slow, and gruesome death, and not one passerby dared stop it. A familiar figure hunched over him, surrounded by other masked hooligans, who quickly dragged it off and dumped it in the horrifyingly disgusting canal.
red-line-png-0.png

Red_Sun_of_Nigeria.pngA few days later, she was getting married. It was a grand affair, and they were sent off with gifts galore and a new estate to themselves. She tried not to think about what she’d seen - that man had wanted her dead, anywho. It was just one life.

Β 

Spoiler

just wanted to do some writing about a character's past! she's old, and only getting older... 182 years, or 3.4 OOC years. god DAMN!!!!! all art in this post by the lovely JMFenner91!

More parts to come

Β