When Legacy Fails

Astrophysical

When Legacy Fails

Zabub awoke to an unfamiliar sky, an overcast of dark clouds in purple and black hues. Although he was prone upon dry dirt, the Shaman could see a grand castle before him. The construction was of gothic architecture, yet impossibly tall, reaching the malicious clouds. Dark stone bricks, some of them cracking, make up the impossible structure. Zabub takes a moment to lift himself and get his bearings. He clearly was not in the Iron Uzg. The courtyard was dotted with dead trees which gnarled and twisted in mind warping proportions. Leafless bushes line the perimeter, ceasing at a colossal gateway to allow entry into the castle. The orc approaches the gate, pushing upon the splintering wood to open it.

The foyer was just just as gloomy as the outside, it was dimly lit with candles sparsely illuminating the walls which direct towards a grand staircase. Following from the bottom top, Zabub’s eyes meet with a short shadowed figure upon the apex of the steps, glowing crimson eyes peering downwards at the shaman. The figure spoke a word of power, “Dorog-lat” (Surrender). Zabub fell to his knees, a great pressure overwhelming his very body and soul. The figure descends the stairs, stopping in front of the pained orc. A shadowed claw extends towards the orc’s torso, delving deep into Zabub’s being.

“Lupub-lat izishu, snaga. Kul-lat izub agh izub ashuk!” 
You will pray to me, servant. You are mine and mine alone!

The orc’s mind shatters, he was powerless before the spirit before him. The shaman’s head throbs with unbearable pain, visions of madness overcome him swirling with a single name: VENAKU. Memories begin to fade, twisting and morphing into mere fabrications. The mark was left upon the shaman’s soul, one of madness and mania. Zabub then awoke a different person, the wound upon his soul festering, digging deeper. With the last remnants of his sanity he whispers:

“I am no servant.”

Spoiler

This is a pact reassignment post, pacting post, and character advancement for Zabub’Lur.

[Pact 1] Venaku, Immortal Spirit of Antagonistic Mania, Lesser of Ikuras [1 slot]

[Pact 2] Xalat, Elemental Spirit of Dark Metal, Lesser of Kulthark [Half slot]

[Pact 3] Zalthu, Elemental Spirit of Fishing Waters, Lesser of Akathro [Half slot]