A Republic's Peril

huNVBQb.png?2

With not a blade drawn in resistance, those that still resided in the near-abandoned city of Salvus had all but ushered in their fall.

The plains to the east had been taken in a bloodless battle, and the host of joined rebels and Hightowers laid claim to the staging ground of the final step of this war.

Scouts sent to the city all found the same thing - open gates and empty streets. For the outer city, at least, it seemed as though the battle was already won. Only the walled inner city remain inaccessible. For that, weapons would be required.

Sacks were loaded with papers bearing the same message, and with stone for weight in order to be tossed across. Borne on these messages were simple terms - Surrender and live in peace, or fight only to die in the cold.

"I come here not to destroy you."

The messages each began.

"It is with mercy that these terms are penned. A mercy that any man would find agreeable. I offer you a better life in one hand, or a bitter death in the other. Do not deign to believe you may win this war from your home when you've already given up the field.

Surrender now, and as were my earlier terms, your lives will only improve. Your bards will still sing, only in greater halls and with better instruments. Your homes will still exist, only larger and more secure. No more will your survival be based on your ability to get behind your walls before the raiders do.

You fight not for freedom - I offer you that with surrender. You fight not for your lives, for I offer that as well. Nor for your culture or beliefs, all of which may remain.

You fight only in a suicidal rage, to lash against those who seek only to help you. To maintain a government who has forever left you weak and impoverished. To keep things, like your bards and families, that are not even at risk of being lost.

This is your final chance to stand down."

Warclaim

Type of Battle - Conquest

Time -  Saturday 9/12 2PM EST

Sides

Defenders - Salvus + Allies

Attackers - Ruby Down Rebellion + Hightower Host + Allies

https://gyazo.com/3cb332bd5c579074a29761a85771f7f0

Terms of Victory

Defenders - Attackers are killed or driven from the area.

Attackers - Defenders are killed or driven away from the area.

Outcomes

Defender Victory - Defenders may lay conquest to the Rebel camp, and if victorious, end the war.

Attacker Victory - The Salvus region is handed over to attackers. (Ruby Down)

Rules

-All server rules apply.

-No one-day alts.

-No false statuses.

-All defensive modifications must be approved by an unaffiliated GM