Index

Chapter I: Context

Chapter II: Great Golem

Chapter III: Entering

Chapter IV: The Void

Chapter V: Feelings and awareness

Chapter VI: Creature

Chapter I – Context

Near the Talus Grove, home to the Druidic Order, there is a voidal tear. It is usually dormant but it can quickly fester and spread if no action is taken. For a few days the order was preparing for the Tear had become active once again releasing a great stream of purple other-worldly light. The landscape had become tainted and dark while a brown-yellow-ish material, amongst other materials, had created an enclosed space which presumably would allow travel to the Void. Nothing could breach this safe cocoon for the time being. 

Not long after, the Druids and their companions set out to meet with a great elven host, who would aid them in their quest to once again solve this voidal problem. The entire group, which by now could be called a considerable army, existed out of soldiers, engineers, nobles and mages. The druids were not alone as the elven host provided mages of their own. Multiple trebuchets were set up around the tear, ready to fire at anything that posed a considerable threat. 

Chapter II – Great Golem

After waiting for their enemies to make the first move, the army finally saw movement. A great wooden golem, the size of a tower, would appear. Slow and large as it was it appeared to be the perfect target for any long-distance attack. While the Golem slowly noticed the army, it started moving their way. Those who were not able to use any sort of magic or long-distance weapon would protect those who could with their shields. While the golem moved, the trebuchets fired volley after volley merely pushing the golem shot after shot. 

The golem got closer, while the mages used their various powers to stop it. While druids used their powers to destroy this corruption, the elves used their own magic to stop this threat. After a while the golem had taken out multiple trebuchets except one, when the druids summoned one of their famous artefacts: The Root Axe. Even though only one got hit could be achieved, the golem eventually got destroyed.

Chapter III – Entering

The cocoon was breached shortly after, allowing most of the army to enter while others had already left. The cocoon, while still being impenetrably solid, had a soft voidal entrance through which the void could be entered. It took a while to discover this gateway and to enter the void took even longer with great risk being involved. A wizard called Styxius would guide them by providing them with information. 

Chapter IV – The Void

Once they entered the void, the sight was astonishing. While it wouldn’t be the nicest or most beautiful of places, the darkness that consumed them would certainly leave a trail in their minds. Those who were left were told to stay close to each other. After looking around, they would notice they were on a materialised platform, similar to walking on a big floating rock in the sky at nighttime. Multiple other rocks of the same yellow-ish material were floating around while big gaps in-between them would pose a danger to those stumbling around. 

After waiting, they finally decided to move.

Chapter V – Feelings and Awareness

After walking for a while, people got tired, yet resting did not help. Along their journey, people started to realise they might never reach their destiny and they became desperate and tired. They finally realised, after walking what seemed days, weeks, months and years, that it was this place. It was the fundamental power of whatever was near. Messing with time, your head and above all, your sanity. It was the power of the darkness and the corruption that lived here. People would become insane if they had no way to counter the effect of their surroundings on their minds.

Chapter VI – Creature

After walking untill their minds felt like jelly, they finally reached their destination. A black tree-like shape would stand in the middle of the infinite darkness. There was something strange about it, as if it had a mind of its own, so the travellers gathered around it. They would later call it the Terror and after a short period of time those in charge would have a long conversation with it. While it would mock the world and utter all sorts of things, those present would not let it sway them. What happened after I know not, except that we all got away eventually.

Good to note is that even though some tried to take items from the void, like rocks or so for research or simply as a reminder, these items would return to the void when leaving the void.

Written by Xergarok, 8th of Snow’s Maiden, 1755 – This book is merely a journal-like essay covering the events of the Terror Tear how I recall them. The void had an impact on the memory and minds of those present including mine, which would be why I don’t recall everything.

OOC: If any RP-mistakes were made or some things were not accurate you can always post them down below so I know ;D

Xavis reads over this, nodding to himself though he didnt interact much with terror. "I feel HUNGER and GRIEF will bring more of an interesting story to tell. I look forward to your writings" The elf states to himself