Resignation of Okarir'tir

thevilehobo

A simple note would be posted on the doors of the Citadel for all to read.

"Citizens of Haelun'or, it is with heavy heart that I, Ellisar Aevaris, resign my position of Okarir'tir effective immediately. Though I am newly elected to the position, I cannot in good conscience continue to serve this nation's government. I do not believe in the path this government is taking. Stomping out debate, planning to execute those who dare disagree with them, perverting our people's purity into a means to seize and hold power only for themselves. Today they target lessers, but a state which operates thus will only ever find another group to be the enemy, it can never know peace.

I know they will brand me a traitor, an impure, a fool. This is the price for obeying one's conscience. I bear the scars of my many long years of service to the Silver State, and if I ever forget how loyally I served, they will remind me. 

To every Sillumir I had the pleasure of serving with, I thank you. I wish you all the best, happiness and health."

EllisarSignature.png.4b4ec27557f39658c04ab764cc640e71.png

(OOC: a few OOC reasons for departing which I won't list here.)

Finnadh offered the leaving commander a salute, "Though I disagree with his words, all who serve in the hallowed order of the Weeping Blades deserve respect. Fare thee well, Okarir, and may your service not be forgotten." 

[!] Another Missive would be posted on the Tavern Bar and in front of the Aevaris Manor

"To all of Haelun'or: After nearly 30 years of tending to the tavern I am leaving one note: I'm done. To my staff, I leave the Tavern and Inn to you. Do take care of my first oem'iian of sorts. To the rest of the city, save for my mentions below, Peace and good luck with the new government.

To Dele: Words can't express how much you've meant to me as a mentor and as a second mother. Let's meet up soon okay?

To Lorelei: My dearie, do take care of yourself okay?  I should feel more bad about leaving you behind, but I know you're a fighter and you'll be alright.

To Maeve: My dearie, I wish you all the best, truly. The two of you are my sisters and I want the best for you. We'll all meet up soon okay?

This is van'ayla,

~Aestenia Aevaris"

image.png.5c2ba6d9cb01b1c68287475b938e09a8.png

Edited by Maevlin