THE HINTERLANDS COMPACT, Vol. II

VOLUME II OF

THE HINTERLANDS COMPACT

DEzTNOxkVHrrDSDDsPloOv48sZMjwYmH46OQETuOv-jsRu8xKbXfmF8VTuzyjGdRh5PVJ3C5zNKKtg7PFx2pPslxeNFH6wwbG4RcK2pUh0ZOdsk-0qADmWd_8QlKTJG4sM3MhoIOysFQFDh_FpU2nZ1-MvP2XuVHfeExuZkdlR_jFCXq0F2Y9yN4ONdA1KfWOLHoPamip4S4Bn4HiEwZTyADpzoArtu16weXc7saSdZMVsYM5ncdqHpuTR_WPFmEjoENZqjBzMTa76Gc

Agreed on the 7th of this Joma and Umund, 381 E.S.

Between the Kingdom of Hanseti-Ruska and the Crown of Elvenesse

VE KRAWN I HANSETI-RUSKA AG VE KRAWN I ELVENESSE

ARTICLE I: SOVEREIGNITY

The Kingdom of Hanseti-Ruska and the Crown of Elvenesse, hereafter "the signatories", do pledge mutual recognition of sovereignty and agree:

I. THAT the power of rule of each signatory in their respective territories shall be fully respected by the other;

II. THAT the signatories accept the authority of the Koeng or Koenas of Hanseti-Ruska and the High Prince or Princess of Crown of Elvenesse as representative of the will of their peoples and thus the signatories shall recognize no other position claiming such.

ARTICLE II: NON-AGGRESSION

The signatories enumerated do mutually agree that any forces affiliated with their banner, nation, reigning bloodline, etc., shall not engage in military action against the other signatory. If such were to occur, the signatories shall endeavor to resolve the issue diplomatically.

I. Signing parties formally enter a pact of non-aggression. 

II. Signing parties refrain from participating in any conflicts that put them at odds with one another.

III. Residents of the Crown of Elvenesse are protected while in Haeseni territories, and residents of the Kingdom of Haense are protected while in Elvenesse’s territories so long as they act within the laws of the respective realms.

IV. Attacks from third parties residing in the Crown of Elvenesse or the Kingdom of Haense will not be considered acts of aggression, but must be dealt with by the  government of the offending party's residence.

V. Guilds or mercenary contracts stationed within the Crown of Elvenesse or the Kingdom of Haense will be subject to legal prosecution if offending the pact in city limits or on citizens of either city.

ARTICLE III: FREE TRADE

I. The signatories enumerated do mutually agree to afford merchants from each nation the ability to trade in the lands of the other signatory free of tax, tariff, harassment or other economic burden. The signatories do mutually agree to grant the other signatories a tax-free stall within the borders of their respective capitals, which shall not sell trade goods that are illegal or offensive in light of the relevant nation's laws and customs. The signatories do mutually agree that large-scale trading agreements between each other can be purchasing (the exchange of goods for mina) or bartering (the exchange of different wares on rates agreed upon or established by custom or precedent).

ARTICLE IV: EDUCATION

I. Both signatories hereby agree to grant the other the right to seek an education in the other nation for free of tax, harassment, or other burdens. This particularly concerns the Royal Academy of Haense and the Circle of  Healing in Elvenesse.

ARTICLE IV: REPRESENTATION

I. Both signatories hereby agree to grant the other an untaxed space for the other signatory to establish an Embassy in their capital.

ARTICLE V: DURATION

I. The Crown of Elvenesse and the Kingdom of Hanseti-Ruska agree to enter into a pact of non-aggression for 10 years, expiring in 390 E.S. On its expiration, this pact can be renewed by mutual consent of both signatories.

IV JOVEO MAAN

His Royal Majesty, Henrik II, by the Grace of Godan, King of Hanseti and Ruska, Grand Hetman of the Army, Prince of Bihar, Dules, Ulgaard, Lahy, Sorbesborg and Slesvik, Duke of Carnatia, Margrave of  Korstadt and Rothswald, Count of Chatnik, Nenzing, Graiswald, Karikhov, Baranya, Kvasz, Kavat, Karovia, Kovachgrad, Torun, Turov, Kaunas, Alban, Reza and Markev, Viscount of Grauspin, Baron of Thurant, Rytsburg, Venzia, Essenstadt, Krepost and Kralta, Lord of the Westfolk, Protector of the Highlanders, etcetera

Uell ito Maruthiran,

HIS ROYAL HIGHNESS, Evar'tir Oranor, High Prince of Elvenesse,

Prince of Caras Eldar, Praetor of Elves, Adjudicator of Malchediael

N00fpJ80TWWLDxambwTnND9YJpVz36jbrnrBCGuzynA4XOp-WPJ8xUyqez-QoTbixajzPD_fzyhh_y4JOZYzC46Ly2RKxUd0bfOEXHxnwePjBUX21ciTKFnx7-1XKMBUp3m6p2E3