Sulium: Toxic and Wonderful

d0ntc4r3

Sulium: Toxic and Wonderful

A Pamphlet By Gallo

12th of The Grand Harvest, 38 SA

I am a naturally curious person. This curiosity has led me to the ends of our world in search of lustre and glory. I have been to verdant valleys and roaring volcanoes. I have philosophed with the destitute and conversed with the decrepit. Now my curiosity propels me in pursuit in learning about the very fabric of our world.

In my studies, I have uncovered how to create something so mysterious and so wonderful I feel the need to share. Without going into details, this substance radiated a bright light when it was first made, and burnt extremely hot for a few minutes before I sealed it in a vial with an airtight lid. Upon opening the lid, the powder reignited becoming very hot again.

The powder was extinguished when I doused it in water. Returning after a day, I scooped a little out of its vial with a small spoon. After the water had evaporated in the sun, the powder emanated that light again. I hastily put it back in its vial.

I call this substance 'sulium,' with 'sul-' derived from ancient Mali to mean 'light,' and '-ium' being a common suffix in High Imperial. It is highly reactive, and contact with the open air being the catalyst for its ignition. Hot enough to burn through wood, and exudes a nauseous fume. I am proud of my work in its discovery.

This, my dear reader, is chemistry.

((OOC: this is a rewrite, and 'sulium' is just white phosphorous irl

A small adendum is posted at the end of the pamphlet, "For a demonstration or other inquiry, do send me a letter to 1 Iaria Boulevard, Karinah'Siol, Haelun'or."

Edited by d0ntc4r3