An Acolytes Thesis on Revenge

MrTurtleGod

An Acolytes Thesis on Revenge 

Written by acolyte Tarathiel Daemyar de Melphestaus 

The Introduction 

Upon my path into Canonism and all the  related texts the idea of revenge has been shunned throughout. With many excerpts from holy texts relaying the negativity of revenge and the reasons why.

Chapter 1 - The Scroll of Virtue

The Scroll of Virtue was delivered to the Exalted Horen and instantly upon reading you can automatically spot the reasoning behind the error of revenge. 

“7 And so I shall guide you in a theater of virtue, and the virtuous shall not live except by My Word.”

This quote taken from the scrolls gives us clear evidence  on what God has made for us. His plan. For us to understand what God has intended for us, we must first understand the meaning behind the quote. It explains to us that God has allowed the virtuous to live. We are the people, meaning we are the virtuous. This brings to my attention that we have no right to enact revenge on anyone else as God has made his plan for that person. He has sculpted that individual to become what they have become, thus highlighting we have no right to enact revenge on those we feel deserve it as it would be enacting revenge on God. 

This lets us understand how to live our lives. Not as sinful, vengeful beings but as dedicated souls to our God. 

Chapter 2 -  The Scroll of Gospel

In the Scrolls of Gospel there is an interpretation of a section of text that relates to the topic of the thesis. The Scrolls of Gospel read “1 Lo, in the name of the Lord GOD the Most Merciful, Singular, and Omnipotent, listen and attend with pious heed to this inspired text.” which highlights the topic of mercy, or to be merciful. Mercy is something all beings should show as to be one with God, one must follow all teachings including acts of mercy. The concept of revenge can not co exist with the concept of mercy. Therefore all ideas of revenge should be removed from ones mind in order to achieve a full and loving connection with our God. 

Chapter 3 - Final Analysis

Analysing the information from holy texts and scrolls allows us to interpret the messages God has given us. Following the evidence I have added above, the concept of revenge and the idea of acting vengefully should be regarded as sinful and as immoral. One should attempt to be at peace with ones thoughts and actions as well as their peers. One should seek to understand and forgive rather then avenge the effects caused by others. In conclusion revenge is a negative action and should be seen as such. 

Father Hans would smile when reading the statement, "Very interesting, and very true."