An Open Plea of Assistance directed to his Holiness, Tylos III.

Gambit

An Open Plea of Assistance directed to his Holiness, Tylos III.

Plague_Rich_Flee_London_header2.jpg

And all others willings to make way to Vienne to assist us.

"Evil the Lord will free him; Lord, we have trusted in you; free us from this plague. God, you are our refuge; because we have trusted in you, free me from this plague. Salvation: heal the pious, and the pious will be healed; save us faithful, so should we be saved."
Amen.

Your Holiness, in your recent visit to the Royal Capital of Vienne you witnessed the Great Rot's grip on the city. As the Hospital of St. Amyas's Sanctuary fills with ill, dying, and dead, we are overwhelmed by the disease, and though you yourself may claim the plague is divine retribution, the sickness has spread unto the pious and faithful, so it is now they die like the sinners meant to be punished. We at Metropolitanate of Providentia are understaffed, both clerically and medically speaking, we are losing the faithful in mass and their bodies must be buried in mass graves. I beg to you, your Holiness, send unto us more men of the cloth, more faithful who may help us save those afflicted, so these sinners may repent and forever serve the Lord God with their immortal soul, and so the already saved, pious men, may continue to do so. You yourself have seen the suffering on the streets, you yourself have worn the mask to keep yourself safe, you know our suffering, so it is now I ask you to send forth men who will assist in our salvation.

The City of Vienne is suffering, and though, and the pious mobs who have followed me like any good man to assist in its healing, we are too few men amongst man.

God have mercy on us.

-Father Goderyc.

Spoiler

London is a common misspelling of Vienne don't come after me

Tylos III would read the letter as it was delivered to him, pondering for a moment "I've half ein mind to deny this based off the Father's actions last Saint's day... but he's right. We cannicht simply stand by." at that, the Vicar would begin to write on a separate piece of parchment.