On work

Eokamaster

On work

All men at some point in their life must find work, whether to sustain themselves, their families, their communities, their country, or their church. They find themselves working somewhere on something, but what does it mean to work? Is a simple farmer harvesting his crop following the command of the lord GOD? Or mayhaps a soldier dutifully guarding his cities walls away from those who dare bring harm, does such work also follow the lord GOD’s will?

To answer the first question, to work is to stray away from the accursed sin of sloth. To work is to follow the command of GOD, as is stated:

“So I am the Most High, and in pursuit of My Virtue, I bid my faithful this: You shall not be idle, nor forget your duties in favor of sloth. And I am the Lord GOD without peer, and My works are the holy works, and My labor is the virtuous labor, and all the strength of the Virtue shall serve the righteous laborer.” (Virtue 4:8-9)

In undergoing work we pursue the virtue of GOD, although one may find themselves in an occupation seemingly secular, to follow your duties as a man is to be faithful to the lord GOD’s command. We come closer to GOD when we work, and stray further away from the abominable deceiver that is Iblees.  As most men seem to innately desire to be lax, to not raise a muscle, nor even lift a finger. I have thought of myself in such cases, and a few around me who find  it is seemingly easier to do nothing and remain inaction, however this is what the loathsome deceiver seeks for man. However pointless one may think of their work, one must trust that lord GOD’s divine plan is in action and through our work we observe the virtue of diligence and come closer to GOD! 

And now to answer the latter two questions in how the farmer harvesting his crop, or the guard protecting his home follow the lord GOD’S will. How they follow his will is in such they follow their duties given unto them in life from GOD, and it is a virtue to follow such. As well through their daily means they will find themselves much closer to GOD then he who does not labor, we are blessed by GOD in such, as is stated:

“For I have blessed you with My miracle of creation, and you shall draw nearer to My throne by your labors.  And you shall discover strength of heart as you work the forge and the plow.”. (Virtue 4:6-7)

The farmhand, the militiaman, the miller, the mason, these occupations are but examples but as stated in the most holy scripture through their work they will find themselves closer to the almighty lord GOD. For  GOD bid us to remain active, to shun the sin of sloth, and fulfill the divine plan almighty. For as the Ven. Humbert of Saint Jude said “God has created me to do Him some definite service. He has committed some work to me which He has not committed to another. I have my mission. I may never know it in this life, but I shall be told it in the next.”. These men although a part of the laity, their work secular, they still come closer to GOD and fulfill the divine plan set upon all of us. And such is that of all men who labor forth and fulfill the duties set upon, we are blessed by God to do such and to follow his will is the holy path which will lead one to the seven skies.  And so to conclude, I bid all those who may find themselves in work seemingly without GOD do not fret for the lord GOD is in all things. If your work is decent and respectable, you shall find yourself closer to the almighty, and the lord shall assist your duties. Do not leave your work undone, for the lord GOD has given unto us tasks in this life, and surely we must complete them as he commands!

In the name of God,

Acolyte Roland.