A Mother's Mourning

alexmagus

Spoiler

unknown.png

"Rest your weight,

You've had your chance and folded."

The arcane sorceress resides within the eery remains of Myrine, sitting upon and around the bricks that finally fell, the bricks that had been laid many decades earlier. Within the dilapidated Mösu manor, she looks upon her arms where an aura of pure black shrouds them, though not fully. Her skin, previously holding pristine beauty, had now smaller blotches of voidal corruption engraved into them like branding from that which she worshipped.

The plants around her had been dulled to a grey, deathly colour due to the same corruption that now plagued not only her mental form, but also her physical. The plants wallowed in their pity, any of the druii venturing near them surely hearing their cries for mercy from the extreme imposition of a voidstalker in their midst.

The witch's aura moved around her arm, thinning around it akin to how a boa constrictor would choke its prey and then simply coalesced upon her fingers. The woman's neutral face which she held perpetually faltered into a frown, small tears gathering at the edges of her vision. She recounted the day and all of its events, clenching her right fist as her aura fell from her arm.

The aura which had fell upon the grass further poisoned and tainted it, unable to be healed without the intervention of one who served nature, of which Dahlia was the furthest from.

"I forbid it."

She commanded authoritatively.

"You can't stop me."

Her son responds.

The words that sealed the fate of her children.

Son against son, blood against blood.

"I could have stopped this."

She speaks to herself inside those battered ruins of her former manor, some small tears running from her tears down her cheek. Her aura remains snaking around her arms, making its way up her neck and wrapping itself around her neck.

"I am unworthy of this life."

She echoes to herself repeatedly as she lies her head upon the fallen bricks of her own forgotten wealth and family's serenity. Bricks stained with blood of many that came before her, and those of which she had met and swayed. Loyal and disloyal. 

Blood traitors, and the true-hearted.

Spoiler

too tired to make a good post :/

Edited by alexmagus