Class Dismissed

Xergarok

"The weak are meat and the strong do eat..."

I was eaten. I deserved it. Too soon, perhaps, but I definitely deserved it. Not because of what led to my immediate demise of course, I was simply upset. Shame they didn't see it that way. I had it coming, should have let the hammer smite me instead. Or perhaps eternal servitude? A husk. Not my pint of ale, truth be told. I like to be flesh and bone, be it of this plane or the next. Where was I? I am dead, but I could not pass. Unfinished business and all that...

A normal day. First day of class. Exciting. Not a clue, and there I stood. She's quite an actress, now I think about it. And when he entered, well, I realised how the trap was set. I should have died there, but I didn't. And then I should have died again, and I didn't. How strange...  And what did I do? On probation, that's what I was. On probation, strict rules, and I broke them the moment I walked out of that door. Foolish of me. Hindsight makes things seem so preposterous and cynical... Look back, and see the past the way an Oracle sees the future. 

I should have embraced this second chance with open arms. Get some sleep, allow the mind to process what I had just experienced. I had potential, and I wasted it on an ignorant pair of pale hands, closing around my neck. You'd assume they'd forgive this minor transgression, given all I had done for them. Mistake number three. Emotions are the bane of reason. I let my captors play my emotions as if they were the strings of a harp. Good on them. Justice for her.

I couldn't pass. Things would fall into place, I'd make sure of that. Mistake number four, do not bite the hand that feeds you, because it will absolutely incinerate you with the fires of Hell. Emotions should not have been part of the Creators design, they truly did me in this time. Captivity, death, making wrong choices. Proclivity. I see a recurring theme.

A final place to rest. So much to say, so little time to say it. Perhaps if they discover my memoires? I won't get my hopes up. Time to sleep. Class dismissed.

Spoiler

I kept it brief. Grimdal is dead, may his Soul rot in Ebrietaes. I told myself I'd PK on first death, so here we are. An abrupt ending, luckily I could wrap up my story as a ghost. I've enjoyed playing this character, the first character I was truly dedicated to. Thanks for the experience, perhaps it's time for me to focus a bit more on touching grass now.