Finishing First Book

Jenkins0311

image.thumb.png.dfebe85972b7f3c1466e376c16334397.png

Hello everyone,

I hope you are all well in this new year. I just wanted to give an update to anyone who might be interested. I have taken a bit of time mentally preparing for writing the last 4 chapters of the first Novel in the series The Almaris Chronicles. For those of you who might have read the first half of the book, you would know that the story itself was written the plot is driven via internal conflict and how this manifests itself in the actions taken to seek retribution for past violence committed rather than a Tolkin'esk style story which might have a narrative driven by grand adventure and the thrill of violent heroism in action.

With that said, this is why the few violent portions of the book are depicted in such a way to hopefully make the reader so unnerved at the actions of the characters that they (like the characters) would wish to never return to those sections again, and hopefully cause the reader to have trouble digesting the weight of the violent actions that were committed. Heavy I know, but I felt that in order to tell the tale of Guile Serido and his quest for internal forgiveness, the weight he carried needed to something grotesque enough to turn many away from being able to admire him.

For that reason, the end of the first book has taken me a few weeks to prepare for mentally since it ends with a crescendo of violence that I can only describe as historically accurate from a humanistic perspective, but overwhelmingly inhumane. However, I now believe I have gotten into a proper head space to actually write these final chapters and will be pushing through these to finish the first book up this week. After that, the book will begin being edited and from their self-published on Amazon Kindle Book Store.

I am writing this mainly to give an update on the process and answer anyone who might have wondered what happened to this project. It is still moving forward and the second and third book will also be written without delay, I just needed to make sure I got this right from a narrative perspective. Again I want to say thank you to everyone who has helped support me in writing this first installment of the story and for the community of overwhelmingly amazing people who are possibly some of the greatest imaginators I have ever met in my entire life.

Thank you again and have a wonderful evening,

Respectfully,

Jenkins