CONGRATULATIONS ON THE RESTRUCTURING BUT HAVEN'T YOU FORGOTTEN SOMETHING?

Once upon a time in Oren there was scandal where a man had bet a thousand minae on the outcome of a certain horse race. Then, on learning that the horse in question was sick, he went on a monumental drinking binge in which he spent his last penny before the bet came due.

I am very pleased to hear that Inny Yuln'aher has taken the advice I had been giving her for decades. Now that she has reorganized the college such that her own personal energy is not the only driving force of the institution perhaps she will be able to attend to other matters, such as the Bard Battle she accepted half a decade ago and has ignored ever since.

Why would this be? What was primarily at stake for Inny Yuln'aher was her position as Headmistress of the Bard's College. Having now relinquished this prize, will she now continue to gamble with chips she no longer holds while I remain wholly liable for every red penny of the initial bargain?

Such a matter might have been quietly resolved between our seconds had they been in communication with each other, but neither myself nor myself nor my second, Rhosyn Now-Cardinal Stafyr, have heard from Inny Yuln'aher nor her representative the least communication concerning this matter for the five years since she consented to the duel.

If it is the case (as seems to be increasingly likely) that Inny Yuln'aher does not wish to proceed with the Bard Battle, she is welcome to express her withdrawal to me. I am a reasonable man, and I grow impatient to have this incident resolved one way or another. Until then, I have my means of breaking through her wall of silence and going forward it will not be so easy for her to ignore the situation.

James Vursur

Still Friend