Zevenity

Minecraft IGN(s):

zevenity

Discord:

zevenity

Ban Selection

In-Game Ban

Ban Reason

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1207870587473760347/1207874053038276628/image.png?ex=65e13b5f&is=65cec65f&hm=67ca408134025e8ec7f1b5b524cd1b29a60a6ad0ac4ff5b5d9ab908f72073994&=&format=webp&quality=lossless&width=1858&height=196

What circumstances led to this ban?

Hello! So I wanna start off by saying the mods I talked to were literally so nice about this, i just wanna see if I can shorten the sentence from a month to a little lower at least do to the circumstances. lets start this off by saying IM BLACK !! it is extremely hard to prove your race, especially online I could literally take some pictures and just say hey this is me lol, which is why I understand the rule of no slurs no matter what. Even if race can be proved I understand that 1, you cant keep track of everyone in the entire server whos black. and 2 you dont want the language in general in the server. I completely understand that! which is why im not trying to argue with the rule itself.

I am going to be completely honest, this is not the first time I slipped up, the first time was a little different as I genuinely just didn't know the rule existed. ( I did read the LOTC guidelines, but took months break and forgot) Which is why I was talked to and let off with a warning. I'm very open with showing the way I look so I have plenty of other players to vouch for me, as well as turning on my camera in VC's etc. So the first time was very smooth, very understanding and I genuinely appreciated the mod that helped me and was very nice about it. HOWEVER, it does not help my case that this is the second time in a week.

( parties involved ; p0lar0idcamera on MC, rensdagger on discord.) For the second time, I ended up inviting my IRL friend to play LOTC with me, as its my current hyperfixation and I know they also enjoy RP. So while I was teaching them how to emote, etc I went '[word] JUST DO THE EMOTE ' immediately it sends the message saying uhh something along the lines of ' this is against rules are you sure you want to send it? ' I didn't click yes, so only the mods could see it. Immediately I went to ask OOC how to send a mod ticket so I could talk to them about this. The mod who ended up banning me for it is Teeylin, who was very nice about the whole exchange, but obviously must follow the rules! They said going off the ban table, it would be a 1 month ban, esp since this has happened before, it obviously wouldn't be a good look

For how this may be avoided in the future, I will be more mindful of my words to avoid any further issues. Thinking before I say something, ( most definitely. ) and to be more mindful of the rules in general, I have gone over the Guidelines and Player Conduct and Safety once more. I also do wish that this can be an expiring kinda thing off my warn/ban history. .

Are there aspects of the ban you agree and/or disagree with?

The only things I feel is a tad SLIGHTEST unfair, is how the message didn't send, so I feel as if I shouldn't get a one month ban. If, it is decided to be kept I will not be mad about it, and will wait it out patiently. I will return on March 15th and attempt appeal again. (or maybe I could get a timer on my ban? )

The slur was also not being used in a derogatory manner during either times, my friend who is p0lar0idcamera in LOTC and rensdagger on discord is open to talking to staff about it also, I have had their full permission to use this word with them.

I completely agree with the fact that this is a Major offense on the ban table, but I do wish to tone done the ban sentence or get it appealed because of the circumstances.

I am not, whatsoever trying to debate the rule or get you to change it at all. I want to make it very clear, as someone in the community that the slur may offend, I appreciate and genuinely like that the rule is in place and enforced /that/ good.

What motivates you to return to LOTC?

I am autistic, and LOTC is my current hyperfixation, I really love getting to play out my OC's and having fun with the friends I've met on the server, its very fun. My main and only OC is apart of Nevaehlen, which I am also in their discord and they have showered me with nothing but support and funny moments. Support even ranging outside of LOTC which I am so forever thankful for them. I enjoy silly moments in and outside of RP, getting to see people be super creative with their art, detailed emotes, and inform me of lore and more things I have yet to learn (I am fairly new to LOTC as I had personal issues right after joining) I was planning to create a new OC to play in Haense to try to explore more of the LOTC community. As of current, the only 2 I speak with is Norland + Nevaehlen! I wish to stay on the server and be unbanned to attend a few events too! :3 I'd also like to RP with my friend (rensdagger) in LOTC too !!

Attach other relevant information.

I encourage you to text my discord! I thank you for your time and for reading this appeal. :3

Edited by Zevenity
not going 2 work today so am available

Denied. Please appeal on the correct date, March 15th.