A Godunov Regency

Announcement of the Patriarch of House Godunov

A Missive of Regency

10th of Snow's Maiden, 170SA

ce4ipJDZHgecHLVzDUA0pgtTP5sIK-xSidkcOClnR4k2aSr8BiVI0e81JLXqKyT_sLrKrE8PnZ_vv54q5Mgey5uvV7JLDznnc2oy_hRLHsMQ6I_QcFdFNS2ndD73toSK3N8hETul2o4VyFz3u5ixntY

THBTJqTklgoaOeJuBMrg6P-eYyK2rQgKDJbcNfh_zFm69x9Yh7r30mu7XaiWG6mvQldo4D0at1P-ezY-UJeYMI8urtHiBbw6QxsFR7jRWXahtCUGPrI_K7gQvkh4SImTPgtHyOqaMy4ezCna5o7bDjc

It is with a heavy heart that I write this missive. The House of Godunov is to enter a state of regency under the Baroness-Consort Poppiya Sosina Godunov.

The Baron has fallen injured, stricken with ailments which require constant care and bedrest. The cause of which is unknown and beyond my own comprehension, but it is to the people that I assure that the Baron is alive and receiving the best possible care.

We, the House Godunov, ask for compassion from our kin as the Baron begins his long road to recovery, and we pray to GODAN that it will be swift.

THBTJqTklgoaOeJuBMrg6P-eYyK2rQgKDJbcNfh_zFm69x9Yh7r30mu7XaiWG6mvQldo4D0at1P-ezY-UJeYMI8urtHiBbw6QxsFR7jRWXahtCUGPrI_K7gQvkh4SImTPgtHyOqaMy4ezCna5o7bDjc

Signed

His Lordship, Anatoliy Ilya Godunov, Baron of Verskaya

[!] A wax stamp of crimson took the place of the Barons signature. 

Her Ladyship, Poppiya Sosina Godunov, Baroness-Consort  of Verskaya, Regent of House Godunov

W_rCv9QSbvjNc45ss9qp-BssQXzf-Yu6fjfDwDmPGwUn193CcpXczm_3Bf74yo4unNEWaYm2f11nulx5oKdsZoRyfct0bhL3QKRTXA8qv15qSOzdU1Byt4IJc9iurwOrSd2KPVjjuUF8RQo8SQpAH3M

Juniper silently hopes Ilya stays in bed forever. However, with what little compassion she had for those who cared for Ilya, the elfess ordered a bouquet of flowers to be sent to the Godunov manor- specifically to its Regent.

A familiar devil quickly put quill to paper when the notice had reached her ears. Sermi sighed, scanning over the many lines scrawled in ink. Face settled into a thin curl. What could have happened? They had just spoken the other day, and he was certainly in fine health. In the early light of the morning, a letter was attached to bird; and sent off to the new Regent. 

"Dear Poppiya,

Rarely have we met on good terms. But in light of what I have heard, with Lord Godunovs injuries, I would offer to you the same support I have long offered him. I would put such bad memories behind us, that we might both be there to aid in whatever way he requires. Ilya is one of my oldest friends, you know that. 

I would wish to visit him, if his condition allows. Otherwise, speaking at Verskaya would be enough to help settle my worries. Between mina and powerful friends, there is certainly no way he will be kept in bed for long. I hope to see him in good health, and back in the fold, soon. If this is some sort of plot against him; the light will always burn away the shadow that keeps Truth from our view. No matter where that plot may have originated. 

Awaiting your favorable reply,
Sermi Ulveryn."

A certain shaman furrows her brows as she looks at the missive. . . A feeling of dread creeping onto her.