[Idea] A Name For The World?

Gwonam_Blaze

39 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think we need or should have a name for the Lord of the Craft world/universe?

• Sure! I think it'd make things much simpler and more interesting!
    • Nah; I like the idea of having multiple realms without a collective name.
    • I really couldn't care less.
  2. 2. What sort of name would you give the world/universe of Lord of the Craft?

• A simple name, like the ones we give to the realms, like 'Aegis'.
    • A mysterious, philosophical name, like we call 'The Void'.
    • A totally ridiculous, weird name like you get in fantasy books, like 'Middle Earth'.
    • I said I don't want a name, damnit!
    • No, really; I couldn't care less.

Way back when it was time to leave Aegis, Availer created a portal.

That portal lead to another land/dimension.

I believe we exists in the dimension of "The Verge".

So to my understanding, it already has a name.

Yes, I believe it is the verge.

Eh, leave the whole multiverse un-named. It just adds to the mystery. You COULD call it 'the void' or 'the beyond' because we're not on the same planet/universe/pane/dimension that we were in while Aegis happened I believe, but you could also just not call it anything. 

Also. . .is Anthos on the same planet/universe/pane/dimension as Asulon? We were able to sail here. . .so I suppose so. Meh, criticize me if im wrong.

I like the concept, but unless there is some lore that backs it, and it happens RPly that somehow someone finds something that clues at a 'universe' sort of existence (And the discovery is approved), it wouldn't make sense.

I like the concept, but unless there is some lore that backs it, and it happens RPly that somehow someone finds something that clues at a 'universe' sort of existence (And the discovery is approved), it wouldn't make sense.

I dunno about that. Even before our world was called 'The Earth', it still had the name 'Terra', (latin for land, ground) since it was still known that the world was a big place consisting of countless countries, therefor giving it a simple name made conversation and literacy about it much simpler.

Eh, leave the whole multiverse un-named. It just adds to the mystery. You COULD call it 'the void' or 'the beyond' because we're not on the same planet/universe/pane/dimension that we were in while Aegis happened I believe, but you could also just not call it anything. 

Also. . .is Anthos on the same planet/universe/pane/dimension as Asulon? We were able to sail here. . .so I suppose so. Meh, criticize me if im wrong.

It's never really been 'confirmed', and it's been hinted that we may possibly have passed some sort of 'portal' to a new realm as we sailed. But even so, that still means there are other lands/realms out there that all need a single collective name. We can't just refer to 'The world' as 'Aegis' and then 'Asulon' and keep changing it every time we move realm. It would make more sense if we just had one simple name for the world, if you ask me.

Aster' place !!
Or.. TOWNSVILLE ( Power Puff Girls )

Way back when it was time to leave Aegis, Availer created a portal.

That portal lead to another land/dimension.

I believe we exists in the dimension of "The Verge".

So to my understanding, it already has a name.

Originally, the Verge portal just transported people to a part of the world that some druids had already sailed to(that was the backstory, they didn't sail there in RP AFAIK) and so it was on same planet. And the portal was made long before we had to leave Aegis and people had forts and mines there(the OOC reason for the Verge was to be a resource world). But then they retconned that when they ended Aegis and said it was a portal to a new dimension(with all the same physics and creatures, strangely). The Verge was just the name of the land there, not the entire world, as at first it was just sailed to in the original lore for it.